GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Son and elderly father - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son and elderly father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Son and elderly father

onwards and upwards Cym, no one can ever take away your memories, they will be there forever.

Comment

Pleased to hear the funeral went well Cym
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi folks, I'm back whining again! It seems to be very shallow when I look at other people's problems such as TR's battle against her OH and dad plus my friends' business is having to close this week.

But, tonight is my first night home since dad died and I want to phone him! I phone him every night for less than a minute. He asks if everything is ok, if I want him to do anything and if he can help. I want to answer yes to all those questions and I can't. OH doesn't realise how upset I am and I'm hiding it from my sons as I don't want to upset them.

There has also been a massive sibling fall out which is the culmination of years of jealousy.

Bugger.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all, I have only just looked at this thread. Looks like I'm not alone in all my problems. I can associate with all who have posted here.

Mum is in her third year of care and has gone as far as she can down to the depths of dementia. I also used to call her every evening to see how she was. Mrs Handy also never missed calling her mother twice a day, she left us now nearly 2 years ago. Time passes so fast but although you become impervious to the pain it never leaves you totally.

Even though you may reach for the phone each evening and then remember they are no longer here, they are still with us. They live on in memory. All the hurt and bad times do slowly fade and what is left are warm, loving memories.

Still it hurts though. We would be cold, poor shadows of human beings if it didn't.

Tomorrow I will read this thread from the beginning.

If I have learned anything from life, experiences are not unique although the pain of loss or family problems are excruciatingly personal, but if we cannot support one another who can we support.

Regards to all, Handy (Pardon the grin but it is part of my signature).
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Well I thoughtI should post a little update. Dear son has returned to Ibiza to make his fortune...........
            Roll on to Monday "I love you and miss you mum. I want to come home ASAP, please book my flight". All duly booked, then a conversation to say that he hasn't made any money and his drink had been spiked, causing depression!

Two days later and he has had the best 24 hours of his life! All his flat mates want him to stay and will pay for his new flight...... However I think he is still coming home.

Roll on the 16th when I get 2 sets of exam results and 2 suicidal sons!

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Well I thoughtI should post a little update. Dear son has returned to Ibiza to make his fortune...........
              Roll on to Monday "I love you and miss you mum. I want to come home ASAP, please book my flight". All duly booked, then a conversation to say that he hasn't made any money and his drink had been spiked, causing depression!

Two days later and he has had the best 24 hours of his life! All his flat mates want him to stay and will pay for his new flight...... However I think he is still coming home.

Roll on the 16th when I get 2 sets of exam results and 2 suicidal sons!
              Ahh I remember the wait for those exam results My daughter hid out in Ibiza all summer, so when she got an 'E' grade for her A Level Science the irony wasn't lost on me

Comment

Unfortunately the exam result sons aren't the Ibiza one. However the 17 year old baby has just come back from Greece and is now drying out!

Ah those hazy memories of youth

Comment

Get home from the beach at 8.30 to a phone call from son, can I stay, yes you are 22!!!
                  Text message to find a new flight ........
                  10 pmish I discover that flights have doubled in price until September. He is now rushing to try and catch flight.

I may kill him!

Comment

Working...
                  X