GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Son and elderly father - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son and elderly father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Son and elderly father

mine's a right grasping greedy bossy cow and I haven't seen her for nearly 5 years, and it's been bliss, somethimes there comes a time......................

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      I know! Just because I am big sis doesn't mean I win! after mum died little sis said that she was now head of the family, so dad sat me in mum's chair at the Xmas dinner table. That was the last time that they joined us all for Xmas! She has had a falling out with one of my sons and even though she knew it was probably dad's last Xmas we didn't see her or her husband. She is disappointed that this son has returned home for his grandfather's funeral.
      I don 't want to stir it but good on your Dad.

After my Dad died people told Mum that I should sit at the head of the table, I told her not to talk rubbish, that was her place. Now if my BIL had tried to sit in Dad's place it would have been like piss off that's not your seat.

Comment

Mmmm, she is unfortunately very jealous of me having a family and that my parents made a big fuss of us all arriving. She dropped out of college, had a failed engagement, didn't make the most of her musical talents etc etc. she is now neurotic and tries to take control of every situation. Four sons, three dogs and a husband mean that my life is not very controlled, actually it is probably best described as chaotic and survival of the fittest!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sounds as if she is even more screwed up than me...and that takes some doing.
          Of course it's eas to pass judgement from the outside looking in and now is probably not the time.
          You need to concentrate on your own mad life

Comment

At least son is home. He is shaken but safe. He now realises that Ibiza is not all fun and parties but has a black, dangerous side. He is staying home for now and reassessing his options, phew.
            Roll on next week ...... He and sister are at war; her comment was that it is a shame that he is home for the funeral! The potential for an almighty family meltdown is there but I am sure we will all be gentile and well behaved.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is why I don't and have never wanted kids. There might be a few other reasons as well..loves kids but couldn't eat a whole on

Comment

Today is the funeral. Everything seems to be going ok .......
                One son has prepared order of service, another is doing a reading and two are pall bearers.

The music is going to finish me, male voice choirs to start and end, an evocative Welsh solo for the committal and a Welsh rugby hymn.

Comment

I'll think of you to-day and say a wee prayer for your Dad.

Chin up and get through to-day, and remember if you want to howl, howl, it is most certainly allowed.

xxx

Comment

wishing you well cym...and will be thinking of you today....and will also be saying a prayer for you dad.

Comment

Hi Cym
                      I too will be thinking of you today and saying a prayer for you, your family and your dad. God Bless xxx

Comment

Thinking of you and your family too Cym
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you all your best wishes. Puppy walked and played with on beach, 4 loaves of sandwiches and 2 trays of flapjacks made. Extra supplies bought
                          Wine and wine and wine chilling!

Comment

I'll be thinking of you today Cym

I'm glad all your Boyz, however naughty they may be (!), have made it to the funeral as a sure sign of family unity at this sad time for you all

Comment

Well we got through everything. Boys were brilliant. Music was emotive. I was coping until my eldest started to do his reading (he'd previously read at his other grandfather's funeral) and he shed tears whilst reading. I have never seen him so upset.

What a horrible thought I'm now the oldest, other than distant elderly relatives. I don't feel that old and certainly don't behave that old, though I did let my husband down by not being as bad as he predicted!

Comment

Well done you for getting through the day

Comment

Working...
                                X