GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bombardier issue - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bombardier issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombardier issue

Greetings All

This morning I am feeling quiet enraged because we have a government that will sit back and allow contracts to go abroad when with a bit of intervention from BIS this can be stopped.

This all does not add up because on the one hand IDS says there are plenty of jobs out there yes they maybe the case if you want to be a carer or cleaner but the skilled jobs that this country so much needs is in serious decline because too many contracts are going abroad.

If the government can being in emergency legislation to reverse a judges judgment on bail rights it is not to late to do something about Bombardier and stop 1500 redundancies.

This is not the only case it has been happening for a few years now and many thousands of british sskilled jobs have been lost this has to stop and it needs to be a priority.

Debate

Regards

Re: Bombardier issue

I agree with you Pompey. Problem is, unless we opt out of the EU then legislation dictates that contracts have to be put out for tender. If the UK companies are not sufficiently competitive then we won't get the contracts and jobs will go.

However, other countries receive government subsidies for many of these contracts so we're not actually competing on a level playing field. Also things which we consider positive, such as very high Health and Safety standards, which aren't necessarily the same in other EU states mean it is impossible for our companies to compete against them again.

I agree the government should intervene. The question is what exactly can they do to level up the field of play?

How many think a referendum on remaining in the EU or not is a good idea?

Comment

Casper,

Personally I am of the view the EU has done us no favours and has cost this country billions and we are not even part of the euro.

It is about time this Government started putting the interests of its own citizens first for a change.

Regards

Comment

Totally agree, hence my question how many would be for a referendum? I just remember the one for joining the Common Market.

To balance it a bit though, British companies have won some significant contracts abroad, and I personally know a lot of people who earn good salaries working for foreign countries, yet the money is paid into bank accounts here.

I wouldn't want the Euro - it would make us even more vulnerable to bankruptcy. Funny isn't it how when I did A level Economics I found GDP, GNP etc... really boring. Now it's fascinating!

Comment

For clarity, when our new site is up and running I'll add a general opinion poll on the site to help answer your question regards referendum

Put it to the public !!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Thank you that is a good idea as the public need the truth here and educating.

Got being given a referendum vote was one of many great miscarriages of justice and we was robbed of our rights to vote on the issue.

It does make you wonder why we were not given that vote, perhaps there research told them they would never have got it passed.

Comment

Working...
            X