GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Local Medical Committee Conference 2012 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Medical Committee Conference 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Medical Committee Conference 2012

THIS RELATES TO THE WCA CARRIED OUT BY ATOS MEDICAL SERVICES.

Local Medical Committee Conference 2012

Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 May
    BT Convention Centre, Kings Dock, Liverpool, L3 4FP

Motion 103 and 103a

103 HAMPSHIRE AND ISLE OF WIGHT: That conference, in respect of work capability assessments (WCA) as performed
    by ATOS Healthcare, believes that the:
    (i) inadequate computer based assessments that are used have little regard to the nature or complexity of the
    needs of long term sick and disabled persons
    (ii) WCA should end with immediate effect and be replaced with a rigorous and safe system that does not cause
    avoidable harm to some of the weakest and most vulnerable in society.

103a SCOTTISH CONFERENCE OF LMCs: That conference, in respect of work capability assessments (WCA) as performed
    by ATOS Healthcare, believes that:
    (i) the inadequate computer based assessments that are used have little regard to the nature or complexity of the
    needs of long term sick and disabled persons
    (ii) the WCA should end with immediate effect and be replaced with a rigorous and safe system that does not
    cause avoidable harm to some of the weakest and most vulnerable in society.

The Chair has today given permission for these to be heard and voted on what it means is if they are voted through the BMA will have to carry out a full investigation of the the WCA and can ultimately lead to atos medical centres being closed down.

The Conference Agenda is below with motions 103 and 103a included.
    Attached Files

Re: Local Medical Committee Conference 2012

Is nice btw seeing my Local Hampshire and Isle of Wight Medical Committee carrying this forward.

Comment

Working...
    X