GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Child benefit ?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child benefit ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child benefit ??

Last month I let the Child Benefit know that my son is registered with Careers Wales and set up to do approved non paid training through them. This should therefore continue to be paid.

As we all know once they reach 16, it ends by 31 August.
    So the last payment received was on the 22nd August, where then its due again tomorrow for another four weeks payment.

I have just checked the online banking as this shows payments being made in on the night before, and it seems they have paid the "weekly rate" of CHB for £20 and the odds.
    So if this is the case its now gone over to weekly payments from every 4 weeks but they have not backdated.

The last payment received in August, they were made aware of my son's circumstances middle of August as well.

I have never received these payments weekly but every 4 weeks?

Not sure what's happened here, any ideas please?

Thanks folks.

Re: Child benefit ??

Hi Di,

There seems to be a lot going on in the payments area, some of it illogical and must be costing a fortune. We are on fortnightly for my Incapacity but Mrs G's pension is monthly and as they insisted we have tax credits. These are paid 4 weekly. 8 weeks ago it changed days of the month and instead of just doing it we had three letters of explanation and a small payment to "ensure the daily adjustment was correct". How much has that cost?

When asked, they told us that it was all to do with the change in the system whereby everyone would be paid monthly to get them used to monthly pay as they returned to work. Hang on, says we, you won't let me return to work full time. Ah well, they said, it doesn't apply to you, none of it applies to you because you are too close to retirement anyway.

I would assume that the system is in total chaos. Like over the weekend they said that several thousand more tax inspectors would be employed to make sure the rich paid their taxes. Only 100 of the new posts would be dedicated to the rich problem, well what the hell are the remainder going to do then?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum people! Or do they want to keep on insulting our intelligence.

regards
    Garlok
    Last edited by garlok; 19 September 2011, 15:43.

Comment

Cheers Garlok

LOL yeah I see what your saying here. how dare they! LOL

I don't mind if they change the CHB payments to weekly from every 4 weeks, but I am concerned they have only paid the one week from this week and not going back to the last 4 weeks, its like starting all over again.
      It should have carried on 4 weeks from the last payment.

They obviously received the details of my son being registered with the careers and details of the unpaid approved course, as they made a payment, but they still owe the last 3 payments .

Seems like they messed up. Will have to get on to them again me thinks lol

Comment

Greetings Di,

Not sure what has gone wrong here for you at the DWP, but as Garlok says it is in a mess and about to get worse no doubt.

So all I can say is give them a call and hopefully they will explain themselves.

Regards

Comment

Thank you Pompey. Will do.

I suppose I assumed because CTC backdated I thought they would have done the same, but yes something up with them by the seems of it.

Comment

Mrs G managed to get through, Di, but it took her about 45 minutes and I thought a screaming match was imminent l

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
              Mrs G managed to get through, Di, but it took her about 45 minutes and I thought a screaming match was imminent l

regards
              Garlok
              Thank you Garlok.

Will try, although i'm not the patient type lol . Good on your wife hey lol xx

Comment

Received a form to complete in the post this morning about CHB, completed the same one in before, which I know they did receive, so will complete again anyway just in case, because as they did make one week payment they must already be aware.

So will just play it safe.

Comment

Hmm strange no CHB paid in this week, just the one off weekly payment for last week of about £20.30, and as posted earlier in this thread, it was every 4 weeks until 31 August 2011 it stopped because of my son aged 16.

I updated them on his being registered with Careers etc etc.

Just find it odd to have just received the one off payment last week.
                  Last edited by di30; 27 September 2011, 17:41.

Comment

Sorted!

The CHB lady rang me today, and asked if my son was actually at college, I said no, he is registered with Careers Wales and the course is a approved government one that pays nothing. (Told her everything is in 3 of the letters sent to them previously).

So she then asked me to confirm the date he left school, I said he was having home-schooling until the very end of July 2011.

At first she said, "oh I don't know where your son would stand, and if he has special needs he should be in college"
                    She then said she will have to check with another of her colleagues and get back to me.

She got back in less than 5 mins and apologised, she said she will now backdate all his entitlement which should be received into the account next week.

Anyway, from what I am aware of, as my son was being educated at home (Education otherwise), even if he was still continuing with this he would have been still entitled to it.

I made it clear that all because he has autism/special needs, that does not mean its essential that he should be in college!!

Comment

I'm pleased its sorted Di.....so annoying it takes so long though!!
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
                        I'm pleased its sorted Di.....so annoying it takes so long though!!

Thank you honey xx

Yeah I know it did take some time, I emailed, sent 3 letters, rang them over the weeks as well.
                        Finally resolved.

Comment

Working...
                        X