GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg Loan Transferred to Arrow Global - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Loan Transferred to Arrow Global

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg Loan Transferred to Arrow Global

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Please load to site mate. We don't link to photophucket here
    No probs. Give me a minute to figure it out and I'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      No probs. Give me a minute to figure it out and I'll do it.
      User Guide - How Do I add Attachments to my Message? - allaboutFORUMS

I already told you to read the user guides - 3 times now!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Rephrased, in the eyes of a court do you feel they would deem it caused you substantial damage and distress?

At least I think we're narrowing things down a bit to a legal definition of enforcement and Section 10 DPA.

There remains a disagreement about the legality of selling the debt while in dispute, and I think it's a good thing for many you're in this situation, as it will help form a consensus of opinion on the legalities of this. Where's Paul when you need him?

Comment

You must get SO sick of saying that

Comment

Hmm, I don't agree with FOS adjudicator. If all parties within the original contract don't agree on assigment then legally it's a different fight as full "absolute assignment" usually occurs once the interested parties agree.

Obviously debtors would never agree to this so I understand it works on a majority basis (so the debtor can NEVER win as such) therefore if it was deliberately disadvantageous for assignment to have taken place you'd have a legal argument to this effect.

In your case; it appears the FOS seem to suggest any payout will be from the dca. So just request their bank details and pay them direct or stop paying. Up to you. However if any future refund is issued or paid by egg then you complain back to the FOS and get further clarity as that's double standards.

So play the game; in time we'll get clarity...

But I stand by the belief a DEBT cannot be absolute assigned whilst in regulatory dispute. That's ridiculous.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I can gladly stop paying them as its already defaulted and the default comes off next year. No problems there. my beef is with CCJ territory - to be avoided and I need to be on firmer ground if I want to go down defending in court on this. Its obvious that the FOS will not support me, they have said as much.

Comment

So where does the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 fit into this if that's the case?

I too have always believed that a debt could not be sold while disputed (I even wrote the letter!), but nobody has yet produced any law to back this up, and any law I can find casts doubt on it.

As DS has just says he really needs a definitive answer. I've spent the past 4-5 hours trying to find one for him with no success, so I think for me DS, it's time to call it a night on this post to let others read and respond. I just wish I could find you an answer - I HATE being defeated!
                Last edited by caspar; 28 June 2011, 20:47.

Comment

I can gladly stop paying them as its already defaulted and the default comes off next year. No problems there. my beef is with CCJ territory - to be avoided and I need to be on firmer ground if I want to go down defending in court on this. Its obvious that the FOS will not support me, they have said as much.
                  Well I'd write and ask for their bank details mate. See what they send back.

Comment

Send Paul a pm and link here will ya lol

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Well I'd write and ask for their bank details mate. See what they send back.
                      Meaning? Give up and pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                        I've spent the past 4-5 hours trying to find one for him with no success, so I think for me DS, it's time to call it a night on this post to let others read and respond. I just wish I could find you an answer - I HATE being defeated!
                        Appreciate that mate.

You're my favourite Community Mod.

Comment

Creep!

And your least favourite no doubt! lol

Comment

Meaning? Give up and pay them?
                            Give up what mate? It's £20 per month lol. Thing is you said yourself it looks better on you by trying to pay so send a short n sweet letter asking for their details so you can pay the same £20 you were paying egg

If they don't reply or don't give the details then sod em. You'll win that argument if it went to court

Comment

Aren't you the only (current) community mod?

You'll meet your new "boss" in a few days

Comment

TDS,

What niddy is doing here is covering your back and giving you amo in case this does go to court a very good move.

Laying the ground in your favour so to speak.

Regards
                                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 28 June 2011, 21:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X