GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stolen passport - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen passport

I've just realised that the bastards who burgled me last week also stole my passport. Which I need to replace at a cost of £77, because I've booked a holiday in December.

Will my contents insurance cover this cost or not, as I'll be putting in a claim for my TV and laptop.

This whole thing is really starting to pee me off now.

Re: Stolen passport

Ames,

Most contents policies cover Documents so I would have a look through it.

Have you reported it as stolen? if not I would ring the passport office in the morning so you are protecting your identity.

They will then at the same time sent you the lost/stolen passport forms to get it replaced.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...orts/DG_174162
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 12 October 2011, 21:30.

Comment

I would have thought your insurance should cover it, but the only way to be sure, as you know, is to ask them, or put in the claim with the passport included and see what happens.

Comment

BBOO,

Would be hard to put the passport in with the claim as it was stolen.

The policy booklet will tell you if documents are covered just check that and if it is claim the cost back to replace it.

The insurers will check with passport office to see if a replacement has been issued so no problem there.

I would also notify the police too, now they will do nothing but they will give you a crime number which you can put on the insurance claim form.

Regards

Comment

Think Bboo meant include the lost passport on the claim form PF - thats how Iread it anyway.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks oscar early morning tired eyes lol

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'll include it in the claim.

As soon as I realised I went online and reported it stolen. I've also told the police.

Comment

Working...
              X