GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mobile Phone Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phone Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Phone Insurance

Is this worth having? I'm paying for phones4u insurance on 3 phones. It's £6 per phone pcm a and seems to be cheaper overall than the cost of a new phone; unfortunately there is no contents insurance.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Mobile Phone Insurance

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Is this worth having? I'm paying for phones4u insurance on 3 phones. It's £6 per phone pcm a and seems to be cheaper overall than the cost of a new phone; unfortunately there is no contents insurance.......
    Hi cymruambyth,

I worked for Phones 4u, and a different telecoms company. The insurance is good for the price. At £5.99 per phone, especially for iPhones, aslong as it's not lost or stolen, you get a brand new phone in store. No wait time, and it's incredibly easy to do.

When you say contents insurance, could you elaborate?

Do you mean data back-up? As majority of Phones now have back-up capabilities, iPhones have iCloud and Android uses Google Back-Up.

Thanks,

TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. Due to various family members claims were made for lost and stolen phones, so we can't have contents insurance until December!

Data back up I am aware of, whether it is regularly done is another matter .......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        Thanks for the prompt reply. Due to various family members claims were made for lost and stolen phones, so we can't have contents insurance until December!

Data back up I am aware of, whether it is regularly done is another matter .......
        Hi

Not a problem.

I believe if you ring Premier Plan (Underwriters of the insurance) there is another insurance available that covers loss and theft, however, would be more expensive, but you could quite easily haggle this down.

I've had customers that have got it down to £7.99 for an iPhone before. Although, this does come with restrictions on claims, as you'd need to await a delivery for the handset, rather than picking up in store.

Alternatively, I know it's not a good option, but if you have insurance on your bank, use that, as that will serve as the loss and theft part and just keep your P4u Care. Again, this would depend on your bank.

I wouldn't recommend upgrading to a fee account just for loss and theft, there's better insurance packages out there than having to give money to banks :P

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Thanks, food for thought! The whole package offered by building society may be a worth while option, if they would upgrade!

Comment

Working...
          X