GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign!

This is the email received from Anne

Since starting the WASPI campaign it has become apparent that political support has been central to the success of the campaign that has resulted in three debates in Parliament. The latest on 1st February 2016. WASPI want to capitalise on this success to achieve the best possible outcome for as many of you as possible.

As the issues under the WASPI petition affect very many of you and very many of you have also signed both petitions, it seems sensible to have only one petition and therefore I have decided to bring the 38 Degrees Petition “Reverse the State Pension Law” to a close. If you still want your voice to be heard, then please feel free to sign the e-petition which is open until 20th April.

I do hope you understand that this decision has been made for the best reasons and thank you for your support.

Regards

Anne
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes I saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
        I understand that Anne Keen has decided to close the petition, and it is no longer available on 38 degrees. When tens of thousands of people have signed a petition, isn't there an obligation to them to progress it?
        Because the petition reached over 100,000 signatures, the matter has been debated in Parliament, you can see the debate here: https://hansard.digiminster.com/comm...ementsForWomen

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          Not sure i will get any pension as i haven't worked for years due to illness , hubby won't get that much either as he has been self employed and only paid so much into the NIC .
          You can request a pension statement from the DWP although at this point probably best to wait till after April to ask for one. It is possible to make payments to make up for gaps in NI contributions but you need a pension statement and must do your math carefully before deciding to make payments.

If you don't get a full state pension, you can claim pension credit to top up your income when you reach retirement age: https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit/eligibility

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
            I understand that Anne Keen has decided to close the petition, and it is no longer available on 38 degrees. When tens of thousands of people have signed a petition, isn't there an obligation to them to progress it?
            I think there are several parliamentary procedures now that it's got as far as Westminster Hall. There wasn't a vote but apparently there can be now but there is stuff!!

must say the government were dismissive, don't seem to give a toss about women born in the 50s. I think waspi are also looking at the legal angle, ie the government broke it's contract with woman born in the fifties. the inaccuracies are huge, they maintain no one has had to wait longer than 18 months, I have to wait until I'm 66 which is an extra 6 YEARS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              I have to wait until I'm 66 which is an extra 6 YEARS!!!!
              Me too MrsD

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkAutumn View Post
                Because the petition reached over 100,000 signatures, the matter has been debated in Parliament, you can see the debate here: https://hansard.digiminster.com/comm...ementsForWomen
                I think you will find that is a different petition - albeit with similar aims.

Comment

https://twitter.com/search/wasp

Waspi women in London to-day for a mass lobby of MPs

if anyone tweets a bit of support won't go wrong

thank you

Comment

The petition was handed in to Parliament on 11th October http://waspi.co.uk/past-action

Comment

cousins daughter spoke about it in a parlamentary meeting the other week, Think she is only interested as her mum was 60 last year and was complaining about waiting for her pension.

Comment

everyone should be interested, our sons and daughters will be working well past 70 at this rate and it's all based on faulty information right back to 1995

Comment

again the populous paying the price of incompetent politicians for decades there is no excuse as they were warned in 1969

Comment

Working...
                          X