GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign!

The problem is people are living longer through better diet and better medical care. The Tory Govt are addressing both these issues by forcing people into Food banks so their diet worsens and flogging off the NHS so private companies can ensure people don't get as good medical treatment and die earlier. Extending the terms of working slavery is just because the Govt can't afford to pay Pensions from 60 and 65 anymore. I feel sorry for those caught in the trap of having to work longer for the their pension even though you only need 30 years contributions to get a full pension ! In the future some people will work from 16 to 70...that's 54 years...30 of which gets them a Pension, 24 years you pay in for nothing !

As an aside, the new OAP of £140 pw comes in 2016, for everybody...the arguement is that it will save having to administer the old scheme with added years etc..but the daft thing is it only applies to new retirees, so the other 12m pensioners will still have to be 'administered' for their old pension scheme until they finally die off...which could be another 30+ years. So they will have 2 states schemes to administer, with pre 2016 pensioners on £108pw and post 2016 pensioners on £140pw. This is sheer lunacy and doesn't save anything.

Of course it opens up the market for the private pension companies to step in and run the supplementary pension schemes people will need to bring their £140pw pensions up to a 'living pension' which needs to be about £280pw for a comfortable exisitence and to pay the every increasing gas and electric bills as you spend more and more time at home all day as you get older.

The whole idea is totally cock-eyed...we need jobs for young families, not 70 year olds.. The French have the right idea, they take to the streets and protest ! We Brits just sit back and take it, so in the end I guess it's up to us to get on the streets, sign petitions, lobby our MP's and get active...

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      But thats not all guys. You know how the goverment loves to tell you that the personal allowance is increasing each year so less people pay tax? and how they aim to reach a personal allowance of 10k within a year or two? What they fail to tell anyone (and i know this because i have to know the thresholds for work) that national insurance contribution allowance is going down every year by the same amount tax thresholds are increasing.

So, not only will people be retiring at a later age, but they will have paid even more national insurance contributions over the same length of time.

Not only this, but they are also doing away with the pension tax allowance rates. I dont see why its fair that people who have worked all their life, will have the same allowances as those who havent, when they have clearly paid more in over the years! and with the change in NI thresholds, will have paid even more in!!

Could you elaborate SX, because looking at this link suggests not..unless I'm reading it wrong... which is quite possible ! http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/nic.htm

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
        The problem is people are living longer through better diet and better medical care. The Tory Govt are addressing both these issues by forcing people into Food banks so their diet worsens and flogging off the NHS so private companies can ensure people don't get as good medical treatment and die earlier. Extending the terms of working slavery is just because the Govt can't afford to pay Pensions from 60 and 65 anymore. I feel sorry for those caught in the trap of having to work longer for the their pension even though you only need 30 years contributions to get a full pension ! In the future some people will work from 16 to 70...that's 54 years...30 of which gets them a Pension, 24 years you pay in for nothing !

As an aside, the new OAP of £140 pw comes in 2016, for everybody...the arguement is that it will save having to administer the old scheme with added years etc..but the daft thing is it only applies to new retirees, so the other 12m pensioners will still have to be 'administered' for their old pension scheme until they finally die off...which could be another 30+ years. So they will have 2 states schemes to administer, with pre 2016 pensioners on £108pw and post 2016 pensioners on £140pw. This is sheer lunacy and doesn't save anything.

Of course it opens up the market for the private pension companies to step in and run the supplementary pension schemes people will need to bring their £140pw pensions up to a 'living pension' which needs to be about £280pw for a comfortable exisitence and to pay the every increasing gas and electric bills as you spend more and more time at home all day as you get older.

The whole idea is totally cock-eyed...we need jobs for young families, not 70 year olds.. The French have the right idea, they take to the streets and protest ! We Brits just sit back and take it, so in the end I guess it's up to us to get on the streets, sign petitions, lobby our MP's and get active...
        The whole situation makes my blood boil! The Brits did protest over Poll Tax but that's been about it so far..... unless you count the feral rioting a few years back.
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, thanks to all who have signed my petition Reverse the State Pension Law which now stands at 5626. Please share this link with family, friends etc. on social media and by email. Adding your own comment as to why it matters to you really does encourage people to sign.

If you haven't yet signed please do!

The discriminatory changes are now beginning hit hard as the comments left by signatories demonstrate.

Due to the timescale that this law was introduced, hundreds of thousands of us have been denied the opportunity to make any contingency plans for retirement. After working hard for decades the short notice that the changes were imposed also immediately vanquished retirement plans. However, Civil Servants, within 10 years of retirement age were, quite rightly, given immunity from the changes to the Civil Service pension reforms. This was to " Provide transitional protection for those closest to retirement". MP's and Judges are also protected from the changes because ""This protection strives to be fair to members who are close to their expected retirement age and are less able to change their plans than younger members".

Not only is this hypocrisy on their part it is also discrimination and therefore illegal. Yet this discrimination has never been challenged.

These changes will also have a detrimental impact upon employment opportunities for young people. The longer we are being forced to work the fewer jobs there will be for them.

Is this an honourable way to treat people?

Please continue to raise an awareness of this campaign - people power is a formidable force.

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/statepensionlaw

Thanks
          Anne

Comment

Just shared the link on my Facebook wall once again.... :-)
            Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you so much - quite a bit of activity over the past few hours. It's now at 5642.
              Ax

Comment

Signed me and oh, although retired, the children will have to work longer, will get them to sign a well.

Thank you

Fredbare

Comment

Signed and shared on FB. They've stolen thousands from me by extending my retirement age, preventing me from getting my rightful works pension.

Comment

Originally posted by fredbare View Post
                    Signed me and oh, although retired, the children will have to work longer, will get them to sign a well.

Fredbare
                    Thank you so much. Petition is at 5660 now! I am retired but have to wait until 2017 for my pension. My children have signed as well (as have their friends!). I regularly make a post on various sites (there's quite a few out there who are alos campaigning to reverse the law i.e. 68 is too late) just to keep reminding people! It's quite productive.

It's incredible (and scary) that there are so many people who don't even know the changes have taken place!!

As I said in an earlier post People Power is a formidable force!

thanks again
                    Anne

Comment

I've shared it again and will keep doing it.... :-)
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Signed for me and better half x

Comment

Thanks again. Hope you don't mind me asking this but could you send a generic email to all of your members (not just in this forum) asking them to sign the petition?

No problems if you can't

Ax

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaK53 View Post
                            Thanks again. Hope you don't mind me asking this but could you send a generic email to all of your members (not just in this forum) asking them to sign the petition?

No problems if you can't

Ax
                            hi

sadly we couldn't mass email as that's a breach of our Data Protection as we force an opt-in to email contact which I use sparingly (once/twice a year) in cases of urgent news or site issues plus a generic Merry Christmas email. We don't sell services or data and our newsletters are being redesigned on our main AAD site with proper opt in/out facilities (DPA acceptable)

What I will do is when AAD is finalised, and we email all users the link, I'll put something in the email linking them to your petition. Just bear with me. AAD is 70% complete so won't be too long.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you yet again x

Comment

Hi, just to let you know that the petition now stands at 6649!! That's over 1000 in just over a week a week! Thanks again for you support and please keep on sharing and encouraging people to sign

thanks
                                Anne

Comment

Working...
                                X