GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Info needed regarding HSBC Money Manager Accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info needed regarding HSBC Money Manager Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info needed regarding HSBC Money Manager Accounts

Hi Guys.

Very strange today.

Mother received a statement addressed to her, with an unknown account number. Using a reference which included MIDL (so im guessing from the old Midland bank days) which was called a Money Manager Account.

All the statement showed was, interest due 0%

That was it, nothing else except that.

Don't recognise the account number nor the type of account.

Wondered if anyone else knows anything about this?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Info needed regarding HSBC Money Manager Accounts

I've no idea SXGuy. Maybe it's an old savings account which she hasn't used for years but hasn't actually closed? Aren't they supposed to send statements every year so could just be that.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Info needed regarding HSBC Money Manager Accounts

Turns out its a business high interest savings account as you say.

Can transfer money in and out between that and the business account with no withdrawl fees, money that stays in there after 30 days receives a very high interest payment, 60 days, even higher.

She doesn't recall ever seing it before, so I doubt shes every received an annual statement in the past, However she has no other records for this account other than that statement.

Think I will register her for online banking and see if this account pops up. Would be handy to use actually, to earn a bit of interest!

Comment

Working...
      X