GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome to garlok - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to garlok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to garlok

Hi Paul, thank you, particularly for looking in.

We have corresponded on the matter privately and I fully understand where you are coming from.

At the moment I feel that I am not cut out to try and help others perhaps less fortunate than me. Whatever you do it would seem that you are up someone's nose. I have left LB myself because of the strange very pro-creditor attitude there, the constant conflict and frankly I feel my trust has been betrayed very badly.

I learned an awful lot from 'net forums in my early days and felt that it was incumbent upon me to put something back for those less fortunate than me. sadly my stance and our ability to use professional help is deeply resented by some. Is that envy? is that jealousy? I don't know.

However we did not eat properly for two months or do anything at all, everything we had was put towards paying those actually very reasonable fees. The solicitors (not Paul by the way we didn't know him then) were extremely good and started work as soon as they had the instructions and gave us the time to get the money together. For those that do not know I had to get help on medical advice or die probably the next day yes literally. I still angered my doc because he said the price I was paying (not financially) was too high. However we got through it so it can be done.

I will reflect at least overnight on what to do but I will not forget those appalling people on LB in a hurry. trust and respect have to be earned and once destroyed will take a lot more effort on the part of the trangressors to restore it.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      I will not forget those appalling people on LB in a hurry. trust and respect have to be earned and once destroyed will take a lot more effort on the part of the trangressors to restore it.
      Did you mean Fussy Gussy and his website wussies?

Comment

Hi garlok.

Rest assured that it is not like that here, and never will be! Of course, we offer freedom of speech, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But we will never allow the kind of crap that I understand has gone on on other sites.

If people do not like the model that we have set here (which is to offer advice, never to judge whatever the circumstances and to champion the right of the consumer) then they can toddle off somewhere else.

Paul is highly regarded here, and his in depth knowledge and spare time are appreciated more than we can say.

We work within the law and this site has genuinely changed peoples lives - and I would even go as far as to say saved lives.

I hope you'll feel very welcome here, we are certainly very pleased that you have chosen to join us.

diddly x
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Lets also not forget the hard job he has to do, not only does he have to cover many many miles each week, he also has a mountain of documentation to read plus everything else

Hell that would more than knacker me out but no he also gives what little free time he has to these forums to be honest I do not know how he does it.

Want a red bull Paul.

Comment

I am sorry Niddy---you know that I hold you to account for allowing all this shit---but posts 76 and 77 are still offensive to me who has nothing to reproach myself for
            My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
              I am sorry Niddy---you know that I hold you to account for allowing all this shit---but posts 76 and 77 are still offensive to me who has nothing to reproach myself for
              im not sure i understand what the problem is with post 76 and 77, i see nothing offensive in their content.

maybe you could care to tell me by way of PM what the problem is with their content?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                im not sure i understand what the problem is with post 76 and 77, i see nothing offensive in their content.

maybe you could care to tell me by way of PM what the problem is with their content?
                no--niddy knows what i feel strongly about
                My name is TurboMaximus, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Spreadsheet Legions, loyal servant to my true Empress Mo Turbo, Father to two Centurion sons, husband to a lovely wife.And I will help in this life or the next

Comment

Fair enough,

entirely up to you,

I wont offer again

Comment

That is the nature of the beast, people will say that Harrison was decided on a technicality, i couldnt give a monkeys testicles to be honest as that ruling now makes DCAs stand and take notice of peoples rights
                    http://www.fifelawcentre.co.uk/fife-...l-2011-ewhc-b3
                    I agree but, on the question of monkey testicles - if you cannot give them, do you sell them and, if you do, how's trade?

Comment

You lot leave my testicles out of it
                      It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Huh? I'm accountable? Ok, whatever.

I pay the bills so yep, I'm accountable. Thanks mate, nice one!
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

And to set the record sTraight, I'd rather have Paul & the LB guys than this shyte any day of the week.

Fuck it all. We don't need this.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Seconded

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              And to set the record sTraight, I'd rather have Paul & the LB guys than this shyte any day of the week.

Fuck it all. We don't need this.
                              Language Timothy

Reminds me of an old lady when i was a Security manager of a multi million pound shopping center, i had asked this yob to leave and he used the "F" word at me, to which i replied "yes i may be, but i aint the FCUK thats leaving now am i"

This old lady came over and said "young man, your language is atrocious" to which i reply "Madam, there are far worst words in the English language than the word Fcuk, take murder for example, im sure youd rather be fucked than murdered"

She went bright red and walked off

Comment

This old lady came over and said "young man, your language is atrocious" to which i reply "Madam, there are far worst words in the English language than the word Fcuk, take murder for example, im sure youd rather be fucked than murdered"

She went bright red and walked off
                                That reminds me of a time in my first job, where the assistant manager had the sort of vocabulary one might associate with used car sales. One day, he said something to one of the secretaries and, when she walked away rather quickly, he turned to me and asked if he'd sworn at her. "To be honest," I replied, "I hadn't fucking noticed."

"Oh, don't you start! Anyway, you must have noticed."

"No, I hadn't. Really! You see, I regard expletives as merely a form of punctuation which I automatically filter out."

Comment

Working...
                                X