GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homeowner debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowner debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diana Mayhew
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik nik View Post
      today I have received before claim from PRA Group, please please can you advise what do I have to do next? Can I request from PRA CCA or just fill in form?
      Hello

I'll take a look back at your thread tomorrow to see the history of this debt.

I can see that you sent a CCA Request to PRA in April 2019 which was deemed as enforceable by Niddy (?).

However there's more to unenforceability (of a debt) than the credit agreement.

However, can you clarify whether your CCA Request was sent to Barclaycard (23rd April 2019?)

Can you also clarify the date the account was (apparently) assigned to PRA (September 2019?)

Was this account originally a Barclaycard or an Egg credit card or MSDW etc?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

This account originally was a Barclaycard (credit card) and CCA request was sent in April 2019 to Barclaycard (needy said it’s enforceable)

On 26/07/2019 the account was assigned to PRA.

5/09/2019 received discount offer.

6/01/2020 received before claim.

thank you
        Last edited by Nik nik; 8 January 2020, 08:03.

Comment

Hello Di,

please can you help with PRA before claim? What do I have to do next?

Comment

Hello Di,

please can you help with PRA before claim? What do I have to do next?

Hello

From what you say you have until 29th January to respond (or not) to this Letter of Claim.

This gives you time to form your strategy.

If you’d like me to take a look at the Letter of Claim to see what PRA think they have the right to claim and why, then email me the first two pages of the letter using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk.

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

thank you so much for your time, I’ll email you the letters.
              I have to respond till 29th of January.

thank you

Comment

Hello Di,

thank you so much for your time, I’ll email you the letters.

I've replied to your email

May I see the credit agreement Barclaycard sent you too.

Now would be a good time to send a Subject Access Request to Barclaycard to see what data/information they have for this credit card from 2006.

Below is the history of your debt in an earlier post for reference >

•Debt 4
                •Barclaycard
                •commenced: 2006
                •Limit £8000
                •Currently: £8,583.45
                •Last full payment: £230 on 12/2018
                •Default notice: 14/04/2019
                •Not paying from this month

•I sent I&E with £50 offer

•14/02/2019 received:
                In order to help you we require farther more details regarding I&E

•I ignored all phone calls but Paid £50 each month.
                From this month I’m not paying.

•3/02/2019 received:
                We need to speak to you as soon as possible etch.

•14/04/2019 received:
                You have missed number of payments and account is overdue your card has been permanently cancelled.
                Please get in touch straight away

•19/04/2019 requested CCA
                •13/05/2019 received CCA
                •Niddy said it’s enforceable

•30/05/2019
                Default notice

•14/06/2019 received email:
                We know that payments on your account are very overdue - but we can still help you and stop your credit rating from being affected any more.

•5/08/2019 letter from Barclaycard:
                we’re getting in touch to let you know that on 26/07/2029 we sold your Barclaycard account to PRA Group (Uk) limited, so they’ll be looking after your account from now on.
                please start making payments to PRS Group Limited.

•5/09/2019 letter from PRA
                we, at PRA Group(UK) Limited, have recently purchased your outstanding balance with Barclaycard, and are writing to let you know what this means, with effect from 26/07/2019, the bene, rights, title and interest of this account are assigned to us.

•5/09/2019 letter from PRA
                Discount offer:
                we are writing to tell you we may be able to offer you a settlement figure on your account. This means that we may accept a lower figure than your current outstanding balance to settle your account in full.

•11/12/2019 letter from PRA
                PRS Group limited has purchased your outstanding balance with Barclaycard.
                your account is being managed by our investigation and litigation department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery.
                if we do not hear from you, then we will be forced to undertake further investigation to gain an insight into your ability to pay the outstanding balance. We look forward hearing from you within 14 days.

•25/12/2019 letter from PRA
                but received on 06/01/2020

we writing to our previous letter sent to you, advising that your account has now been transferred to the investigation and litigation Department.
                this letter before claim as required by the practice direction on pre-action conduct & protocol contained in the civil procedure rules. This letter constitutes a formal demand for payment of £xxxx and to give you notice of PRA Group’s intention to issue court proceedings against you etch.

there is form: you have 30 days from the date at the top of the enclosed letter to fill in and return this form.

there is also I&E sheet
                Di

Comment

I will reply to you email.

thank you so much

Comment

I will reply to you email.

I've got your email with the documents, and we've arranged to speak about this PRA Letter of Claim.

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

I feel so much better after talking with you about PRA letter of claim.
                      you are so helpful and amazing.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X