GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homeowner debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowner debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diana Mayhew your thoughts Please?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nik, please bear this in mind when you receive a letter.
      As much as we on here have template letters, so do the debt collectors, sorry to burst your bubble but they are not writing specifically to you, most of their correspondence is just a generic template amended to your details if you’re lucky, many of their letters are designed to coerce you into contact and thus submission, the secret of your success will being knowing when to respond and when to sit quiet. Being part of this site is so advantageous to you as their are those on here that have played the game and won against the very same tactics.
      So if you are unsure ask here before reacting to any correspondence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

If you contact them they might get the idea that you are worried and try and force you to connect with them as I stated see what they send next then come back on here, panic and you show your hand, it has been known if you start showing worried they act on your worries to try and force you to submit etc, only send the letter if you are advised to at any stage on here, we are here trying to help and advise, as stated their letters are full of If Buts Maybe, we are use to those templates please await there next move and let us know? sit on your hands for now, I am sure Di or somebody elese will advise also next move so wait and see. we have all been there and tend to know what might happen if anything at this stage>????
        Thank you for your advise, I’ll wait what they send next and will come back here.

Thank you for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
          As much as we on here have template letters, so do the debt collectors, sorry to burst your bubble but they are not writing specifically to you, most of their correspondence is just a generic template amended to your details if you’re lucky, many of their letters are designed to coerce you into contact and thus submission, the secret of your success will being knowing when to respond and when to sit quiet. Being part of this site is so advantageous to you as their are those on here that have played the game and won against the very same tactics.
          Thank you for your advise

Comment

Originally posted by Nik nik View Post

I will email Lendable today.

It's probably best not to email any of these debt purchaser or creditors. Everything needs to be in writing (snail mail) so you've got a paper trail.

However as others have said, sometimes (in fact most of the time) it's best not to respond unless it's a formal 'Letter of Claim'.

At the risk of sounding like a midwife, you're doing great

Di
            Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 15 July 2019, 13:16. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

It's probably best not to email any of these debt purchaser or creditors. Everything needs to be in writing (snail mail) so you've got a paper trail.

However as others have said, sometimes (in fact most of the time) it's best not to responded unless it's a formal 'Letter of Claim'.

At the risk of sounding like a midwife, you're doing great

Di
              Hello Di,

Today I found letter from Lendable’s representative:

I’ have been instructed to contact you by our client but have been unable to meet with you.
              To prevent a further visit please contact our client
              and then call me to confirm that you have done this.
              If i do not hear from you I will visit you again over the next few days.

please can you advise what to do to avoid more visits?

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                Hi,

they have sent representative

12/07/2019 found letter from representative:
                I’ have been instructed to contact you by our client but have been unable to meet with you.
                To prevent a further visit please contact our client
                and then call me to confirm that you have done this.
                If i do not hear from you I will visit you again over the next few days.

Comment

Hi Nik,

Was no one home when they called by? Did they give details of the day time that they called by? Did they leave a calling card on the day? Was they seen by any neighbours? Did they actually call by? Or is this just another fear letter?

The reality is they are only a representative and therefore have little power clout themselves, they’re just another middle man messenger.

Diana Mayhew and others have said until a Letter before claim is received then all else is really a fear game designed to make you feel intimidated and thus surrender. If you stay strong and poker faced you will force their hand, they will have too either play or fold if they play (send a letter before claim) then you have an experienced team behind you to direct you, you are not playing this game alone. If they fold then their hand wasn’t as good as they made out and you win a round. It’s all about knowing when to ‘check’ and when to ‘play’

I’m sure others will be along to offer their experience shortly.

Comment

[QUOTE=Timewilltell;n1526802]Hi Nik,

Was no one home when they called by? Did they give details of the day time that they called by? Did they leave a calling card on the day? Was they seen by any neighbours? Did they actually call by? Or is this just another fear letter?

The reality is they are only a representative and therefore have little power clout themselves, they’re just another middle man messenger.

Diana Mayhew and others have said until a Letter before claim is received then all else is really a fear game designed to make you feel intimidated and thus surrender. If you stay strong and poker faced you will force their hand, they will have too either play or fold if they play (send a letter before claim) then you have an experienced team behind you to direct you, you are not playing this game alone. If they fold then their hand wasn’t as good as they made out and you win a round. It’s all about knowing when to ‘check’ and when to ‘play’

Hi Timewilltell,

I found the letter on Saturday.

Last edited by Nik nik; 15 July 2019, 06:49.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nik nik;n1526804][QUOTE=Timewilltell;n1526802]Hi Nik,

Hi Timewilltell,

I found the letter on Saturday.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DC278CA3-64D9-48D6-882F-BFC7EAF21626.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1526810
                      Thank you

Comment

This is nothing to worry about. If they do come back just say that you have nothing to say and close the door. It is intimidation to try and scare you into paying something. They have no legal right to enter your property.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi as cym says try not to worry

In all the time I was dealing with my debts and I had rather a lot, you name it I had them, loans, credit cards, current accounts, PDL's - I only every received one home visit. The guy was really nice - and I was nice back (you reap what you sow) . He just asked me to contact the creditor saying the alleged account was in dispute which I did. It was only £179 which I could have paid if I had been forced to but why as nearly all of it was charges due to them paying money into my account by accident (which I spent) and then just debiting the amount and slapping on loads of charges. I had more or less repaid the amount they had paid in.

Even if I hadn't- no one here will judge you for reasons you get into debt

Comment

the post deleted is not relevent to this site

Comment

Debt 1️⃣

NatWest credit card open 2009
                              Limit: £8700
                              Currently: £8909
                              Last payment: £187 on 11/2018
                              Default notice sent on 8/3/2019
                              Account termination letter on 1/4/2019
                              Niddy said it’s enforceable.

Debt 2️⃣
                              Natwest credit card open 2006
                              Limit £300
                              Currently: £305
                              Last payment 11/2018
                              Default notice: 15/03/2019
                              Didn’t request CCA

Debt 3️⃣
                              RBS credit card(was Mint until 2017)open 2006
                              Limit £500
                              Currently: £510
                              Last payment 11/2018
                              Default notice: can’t find
                              sent I & E with £50 offer a month but they requested £125
                              Didn’t pay since 11/2018
                              Didn’t request CCA
                              debt 1 2 & 3 all with NatWest

Debt 4️⃣
                              Barclaycard : open 2006
                              Limit £8000
                              Currently: £8,583.45
                              Last payment of £230 on 12/2018
                              Didn’t receive default notice yet.
                              Sent I&E and Paid £50 for 4 month
                              this month I couldn’t afford more then £10
                              Niddy said it’s enforceable

Debt 5️⃣
                              Shawbrook personal loan open: 2016 (applied online)
                              Terms 60 month
                              Last payment £223.43 made 27/12/2018
                              Amount of credit £10,000
                              Total charge £3,405.80
                              Total payable £12,405.80
                              Monthly payment £223.43
                              Account balance: £6,945
                              Arrears outstanding £996
                              Default sums outstanding £15 21/11/2016
                              Sent I&E with £50 offer but no reply to my letter.
                              Im still paying £50 a month
                              This month couldn’t d afford more then £10.
                              Received CCA i guess it’s enforceable

Debt 6️⃣
                              Lendable loan open 2017
                              Amount of credit £10.000
                              Last payment: £258.31 made 29/10/2018
                              Total charge: £5,466.67
                              Total payable: £15,566.67
                              Monthly payment £258.31
                              Account balance: £9832.24
                              11/2018 they agreed to reduced payment of £100 for 4 month.
                              Last month cancelled D/D and I sent I&E but no reply.

Debt 7️⃣
                              Very catalogue open 2006
                              Credit limit: £4000
                              Outstanding: £3060.93
                              Last payment: £190 made 11/2018
                              Sent I&E and paid £50 a each month.
                              Didn’t pay this month
                              No default yet.
                              Sent CCA request on 26/4/2019 no reply

Debt 8️⃣
                              Littlewoods catalogue open 2011
                              Credit limit: £1700
                              Outstanding: £516.77
                              Last payment: £70 02/2019
                              Was up to date but didn’t pay this month
                              No default.
                              Sent CCA request 26/4/19 no reply

Are there any updates on these debts or have things gone quiet?

Hopefully they will be assigned to debt purchasers soon, especially the ones you've not paid since 2018.

Di

Comment

•Debt 4??
                                •Barclaycard
                                •commenced: 2006
                                •Limit £8000
                                •Currently: £8,583.45
                                •Last full payment: £230 on 12/2018
                                •Default notice: 14/04/2019
                                •Not paying from this month

•I sent I&E with £50 offer.

•14/02/2019 received:
                                In order to help you we require farther more details regarding I&E

•I ignored all phone calls but Paid £50 each month.
                                From this month I’m not paying.

•3/02/2019 received:
                                We need to speak to you as soon as possible etch.

•14/04/2019 received:
                                You have missed number of payments and account is overdue your card has been permanently cancelled.
                                Please get in touch straight away

19/04/2019 requested CCA
                                •13/05/2019 received CCA
                                •Niddy said it’s enforceable

•30/05/2019
                                Default notice

•14/06/2019 received email:
                                We know that payments on your account are very overdue - but we can still help you and stop your credit rating from being affected any more.

5/08/2019 letter from Barclaycard:
                                we’re getting in touch to let you know that on 26/07/2019 we sold your Barclaycard account to PRA Group (Uk) limited, so they’ll be looking after your account from now on.
                                please start making payments to PRS Group Limited.

5/09/2019 letter from PRA
                                we, at PRA Group(UK) Limited, have recently purchased your outstanding balance with Barclaycard, and are writing to let you know what this means, with effect from 26/07/2019, the bene, rights, title and interest of this account are assigned to us.

5/09/2019 letter from PRA
                                Discount offer:
                                we are writing to tell you we may be able to offer you a settlement figure on your account. This means that we may accept a lower figure than your current outstanding balance to settle your account in full.

11/12/2019 letter from PRA
                                PRS Group limited has purchased your outstanding balance with Barclaycard.
                                your account is being managed by our investigation and litigation department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery.
                                if we do not hear from you, then we will be forced to undertake further investigation to gain an insight into your ability to pay the outstanding balance. We look forward hearing from you within 14 days.

25/12/2019 letter from PRA-before claim
                                (received on 06/01/2020)

In order to comply with our obligations under the consumer credit act 1974, we are providing you with this statement of your account,your account summary 27/07/2019-24/12/2019.

there is a form before claim
                                1) you are expected to acknowledge and answer this letter before claim by 29/01/2020
                                2) you are expected to respond to the invitation to refer this matter to ADR by 29/01/2020

Good evening,

today I have received before claim from PRA Group, please please can you advise what do I have to do next? Can I request from PRA CCA or just fill in form?

thank you very much in advance
                                Last edited by Nik nik; 8 January 2020, 08:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X