GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homeowner debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowner debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you need to Quote something on mobile in that case you would have to do it verbatim???
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

[QUOTE=February17;n1525572]

Hello Nik nik,

Try not to be scared, I was like this two years ago when my problems started.

The advice here has helped me a lot and I am now better prepared for any legal battle with debt collectors.

It is really important to keep up to date with essential bills such as Council tax as this can get legal very quickly if there are missed payments.
      https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-arrear

TV license is another important bill.

The sooner you can get the interest frozen on the credit cards and catalogues the better and then you will know the total debt and then it can only go down as you make payments or reach a settlement figure in the future.

Try to save some emergency funds by cutting back on anything you can. When your are not making card payments you can soon build some funds.

If online and catalogue shopping has been a problem unsubscribe from all the marketing emails so you're not tempted to buy things you dont need.

Everyone here will help you along the way.

Good luck ![/QUOTE

February17,

I can manage to pay mortgage and all my priority bills. I will try to build some funds.
      how to get interest frozen? By defaulting?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by February17 View Post

Hello Nik nik,

Try not to be scared, I was like this two years ago when my problems started.

The advice here has helped me a lot and I am now better prepared for any legal battle with debt collectors.

It is really important to keep up to date with essential bills such as Council tax as this can get legal very quickly if there are missed payments.
        https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-arrear

TV license is another important bill.

The sooner you can get the interest frozen on the credit cards and catalogues the better and then you will know the total debt and then it can only go down as you make payments or reach a settlement figure in the future.

Try to save some emergency funds by cutting back on anything you can. When your are not making card payments you can soon build some funds.

If online and catalogue shopping has been a problem unsubscribe from all the marketing emails so you're not tempted to buy things you dont need.

Everyone here will help you along the way.

Good luck !
        I can manage to pay all my priority bills and I will try to save some Emargency funds.
        how to get interest frozen? By defaulting?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          Well done for listing everything, it looks daunting but it helps you to get control of the situation. As Di has said it is a long way to go before you go to court. Just remember to post everything on here (without being too specific about amounts) and you will get guidance on what to do. The AAD way works as we don’t just go for unenforceable agreements but look at other things such as assignment and default notices.
          Do not talk to any creditors on the phone.
          cymruambyth,

thanks to all of you x

Comment

Originally posted by Nik nik View Post
            Right-a-wrong sorry I didn’t know how to answer a quote. Thank you
            Please don’t apologise Nik nik there’s no need, we all have to start somewhere, and it does seem overwhelming and difficult at first. I was blown away by the help I received when I joined over a year ago, if you have any spare time it may help to read other members threads, and little by little you will grasp things and gain knowledge, and with that knowledge comes courage and empowerment. My life was 100% improved within a few short months, and just over a year down the line my life has changed immeasurably, these debts and the companies that own them don’t control me, I am now controlling them, i’m not scared or feeling threatened at all (and I was!), my insomnia has cleared up and I have peace of mind. Good luck on your journey Nik nik. X

Comment

•Debt 6️⃣
              •Lendable personal loan (applied online)
              •Commenced: 01/12 2017
              •Amount of credit £10.000
              •Last full payment: £258.31 on 29/10/2018
              •Total payable: £15,566.67
              •Monthly payment £258.31
              •Account balance: £9832.24
              •Not defaulted

•11/2018 I called and they agreed to reduced payment of £100 for 4 month.

•03/2019 cancelled D/D

•25/04/2019 received email:
              IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LOAN AGREEMENT ACCOUNT NUMBER 39164

Following a recent review of our customer account communications, we have found that some Notices of Sums in Arrears (notice) that we provided to customers did not fully comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA). This was because we sent the notices later than required by the CCA. The relevant notice has since been sent to your registered email address accompanied by the FCA Arrears Information Sheet, which is required to be included under the CCA.

Under the CCA you are not liable to be charged any interest accrued for the period during which we failed to provide you with compliant notices nor are you liable to pay any default sums (that is any late or missed payment fees, or other related sums that were applied to your account during that period.)

We can confirm that you were not charged any default sums during the relevant period but you were charged interest. As we charged you interest during this period of non-compliance, we are crediting you all the interest you were charged during this period, totaling £8.43.

•15/05/2019 received email:

If you are experiencing financial difficulty, we will be happy to discuss your individual circumstances with you.

•I reminded them of CCA request
              •Same day received on email with CCA

•15/05/2019 they requested 3 months bank statments and payslips.

I ignored email.

1/07/19 I received 3 emails from lendable:

Your Lendable account is in arrears. If we do not hear from you today we may send a local representative to visit you as we need to understand your circumstances.

please please can you give me some advise to avoid home visit?

Comment

[QUOTE=Nik nik;n1525530]•Debt 4️⃣
                •Barclaycard
                •commenced: 2006
                •Limit £8000
                •Currently: £8,583.45
                •Last full payment: £230 on 12/2018
                •Default notice: 14/04/2019
                •Not paying from this month

•I sent I&E with £50 offer.

•14/02/2019 received:
                In order to help you we require farther more details regarding I&E

•I ignored all phone calls but Paid £50 each month.
                From this month I’m not paying.

•3/02/2019 received:
                We need to speak to you as soon as possible etch.

•14/04/2019 received:
                You have missed number of payments and account is overdue your card has been permanently cancelled.
                Please get in touch straight away

•30/05/2019
                Default notice

•14/06/2019 received email:
                We know that payments on your account are very overdue - but we can still help you and stop your credit rating from being affected any more.

•23/04/2019 requested CCA
                •08/04/2019 received CCA
                •Niddy said it’s enforceable.

14/06/19 email received:
                We know that payments on your account are very overdue - but we can still help you and stop your credit rating from being affected any more.
                The only way we can do this is if you get in touch. So please call us urgently
                Last edited by Nik nik; 1 July 2019, 23:19.

Comment

Can I offer token payment?
                  Last edited by Nik nik; 1 July 2019, 23:18.

Comment

Hi Nik Nik,

these contact emails you are receiving, try to perceive them as begging letters, they are not actually threatening you with anything, I can tell you are still very nervous (understandably) l, but we need to remain calm and evaluate where we are at.
                    So you’ve defaulted, this will inevitably ruin any good credit score you may have had, you can check this on clearscore.co.uk or any free credit score checking site. Remember it’s only a score and it can be rebuilt but it will take time.
                    You are in the early stages of taking control and you will but understand this you have stopped paying so you must expect a little pressure as they want their money however if you sit tight and post here whenever you get any contact, you will receive very good advice and in a short while you’ll realise that you really don’t need to panic at this time.
                    The more information you provide the more accurate help you will receive.

Importantly remember this, you are not the first to have this experience there are thousands of people in your position, some have not found this site and may be trying to cope on their own at least you now have good support!
                    it really isn’t as daunting as you currently THINK it is, most of this is a mind game, if you can control your mind and thoughts then the reality becomes clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                      Hi Nik Nik,

these contact emails you are receiving, try to perceive them as begging letters, they are not actually threatening you with anything, I can tell you are still very nervous (understandably) l, but we need to remain calm and evaluate where we are at.
                      So you’ve defaulted, this will inevitably ruin any good credit score you may have had, you can check this on clearscore.co.uk or any free credit score checking site. Remember it’s only a score and it can be rebuilt but it will take time.
                      You are in the early stages of taking control and you will but understand this you have stopped paying so you must expect a little pressure as they want their money however if you sit tight and post here whenever you get any contact, you will receive very good advice and in a short while you’ll realise that you really don’t need to panic at this time.
                      The more information you provide the more accurate help you will receive.

Importantly remember this, you are not the first to have this experience there are thousands of people in your position, some have not found this site and may be trying to cope on their own at least you now have good support!
                      it really isn’t as daunting as you currently THINK it is, most of this is a mind game, if you can control your mind and thoughts then the reality becomes clear.

Hi Timewilltell,

Thank you for your reply, yes I’m still nervous but i feel much better after joining this site.
                      I checked ClearScore and Lendable account is not defaulted yet.

Can they really sent representatives? If so how to deal with this matter?

Any help will be appreciated
                      Last edited by Nik nik; 2 July 2019, 11:08.

Comment

There is a template letter I believe on the site, perhaps one of the more astute members will have a link.

Comment

Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit to us if you need to - note the letter are full of IF/MAY/NEED, sent to unearth you, just sit back and keep us up to date, if they say they intend to send Resolve call (old Snot call oppsss Scot call they were called) , remember they have no power and IF ever a caller came you would tell them to go away and please close the gate on the way out>
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Tech

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit to us if you need to - note the letter are full of IF/MAY/NEED, sent to unearth you, just sit back and keep us up to date, if they say they intend to send Resolve call (old Snot call oppsss Scot call they were called) , remember they have no power and IF ever a caller came you would tell them to go away and please close the gate on the way out>
                              The tech clerk,

I will email Lendable today. hopefully they won’t send representatives at my address.

Thank you so much for your help x

Comment

The tech clerk,

I will email Lendable today. hopefully they won’t send representatives at my address.

Thank you so much for your help x

If you contact them they might get the idea that you are worried and try and force you to connect with them as I stated see what they send next then come back on here, panic and you show your hand, it has been known if you start showing worried they act on your worries to try and force you to submit etc, only send the letter if you are advised to at any stage on here, we are here trying to help and advise, as stated their letters are full of If Buts Maybe, we are use to those templates please await there next move and let us know? sit on your hands for now, I am sure Di or somebody elese will advise also next move so wait and see. we have all been there and tend to know what might happen if anything at this stage>????

Comment

Working...
                                X