GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Homeowner debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeowner debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•Debt 8??
    •Littlewoods catalogue open 2011
    •Credit limit: £1700
    •Outstanding: £516.77
    •Last full payment of £70 on 02/2019
    •Was up to date but didn’t pay this month
    •No default.

03/2029 paid only £20
    04/2029 paid only £5

•sent CCA request 26/4/19 no reply

this case also won in the court, thank you Colin and team xxx
    Last edited by Nik nik; 2 July 2022, 06:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik nik View Post
      Hi,

I am posting list of all my debts, please advise how to avoid CCJ and Charging Order? Can I offer all my creditors £5 or £10 a month until my current situation will improve? i am worried and scared

Please don't feel worried and scared. You are now taking control of the situation instead of the situation controlling you.

There will be a flurry of phone calls and letters at first, but the noise will soon die down.

You're a long way off getting a CCJ and Charging Order. They'd have to win in court first!

I'll take a peek at each of the debts you've posted, and make suggestions on your next step - which may be to do absolutely nothing if they've not complied with your s77/78 CCA Request

Di

Comment

Hi,

I am posting list of all my debts, please advise how to avoid CCJ and Charging Order? Can I offer all my creditors £5 or £10 a month until my current situation will improve? i am worried and scared

Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
        Hello Nik nik,

Try not to be scared, I was like this two years ago when my problems started.

The advice here has helped me a lot and I am now better prepared for any legal battle with debt collectors.

It is really important to keep up to date with essential bills such as Council tax as this can get legal very quickly if there are missed payments.
        https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-arrear

TV license is another important bill.

The sooner you can get the interest frozen on the credit cards and catalogues the better and then you will know the total debt and then it can only go down as you make payments or reach a settlement figure in the future.

Try to save some emergency funds by cutting back on anything you can. When your are not making card payments you can soon build some funds.

If online and catalogue shopping has been a problem unsubscribe from all the marketing emails so you're not tempted to buy things you dont need.

Everyone here will help you along the way.

Good luck !
        Last edited by February17; 19 June 2019, 10:53.

Comment

Well done for listing everything, it looks daunting but it helps you to get control of the situation. As Di has said it is a long way to go before you go to court. Just remember to post everything on here (without being too specific about amounts) and you will get guidance on what to do. The AAD way works as we don’t just go for unenforceable agreements but look at other things such as assignment and default notices.
          Do not talk to any creditors on the phone.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They send loan agreement on my email and I signed
            in a box (I think it’s e-signature?)
            Hi, I hadn’t picked up that post #17 was a response to post #12 from Di, I thought they had asked for this signature after the event. If you press “quote” when you are answering a query, it will tie things in nicely and make it easy to follow and understand.

Comment

Right-a-wrong sorry I didn’t know how to answer a quote. Thank you

Comment

if you are referring to a previous statement etc:- state "Quote" then copy the quote down == i.e.:- you are referencing a statement or comment>
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I dont think there is a "quote" button when using a mobile phone rather than a laptop or Computer?
                  Screen shot attached from my phone just now to show the screen.
                  Maybe this is where the confusion is with quoting as some people use their phones and others use laptops.

Comment

Hi,
                    Im using mobile phone maybe that’s why I didn’t see “quote” button?

Comment

on here quote is bottom right as you look on screen:- i.e.:- Edit Quote Comment etc etc

Comment

There is some confusion here.

The quote button doesn't appear on the mobile phone version of the forum, see the attached screen grab.

There are no quote buttons on my mobile phone screen.

Desktop version of the site has them.

The buttons could be missing from the mobile version of the forum or it could be a permissions problem if moderators see the quote buttons on their phones but normal users cant.

Forum Admin should be able to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Please don't feel worried and scared. You are now taking control of the situation instead of the situation controlling you.

There will be a flurry of phone calls and letters at first, but the noise will soon die down.

You're a long way off getting a CCJ and Charging Order. They'd have to win in court first!

I'll take a peek at each of the debts you've posted, and make suggestions on your next step - which may be to do absolutely nothing if they've not complied with your s77/78 CCA Request

Di
                          Hello Di,

thank you so much for your time. Now I feel much better and I’m sure I’ll get right advise here x

thank you

Comment

Quoted, great

Are on your mobile phone to quote or a laptop Nik nik ?

Comment

Yes I did it from my mobile but now I’m not able to see quote button, it’s strange

Comment

on here quote is bottom right as you look on screen:- i.e.:- Edit Quote Comment etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X