GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post
    • Barclaycard
    • Dec 1999
    • £3729
    • Last full payment: July 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted March 2013 – dropped off credit file
    • Link Financial

Debt No 7

A compliant Barclaycard credit agreement from 1999 may be a challenge for a debt purchaser to source.

Would you have opened this in branch or in response to an Invitation letter etc?

Is this another one where Link have not responded to your s 77/78 CCA Request?

If so then sit tight to see what they say or do next.

Di

Comment

• Virgin MBNA credit card
      • May 2009
      • £2457
      • DMP
      • Defaulted Feb 2013 – dropped off credit file
      • Link Financial

Debt No 8

If Link have not replied to your s 77/78 CCA Request then this one will also be unenforceable until or unless they do comply.

No need to send any follow-up correspondence.

Di

Comment

• HSPF then HBOS Bank of Scotland Credit card
        • Feb 2010
        • £1184
        • June 2012
        • DMP
        • Defaulted Feb 2013
        • Moorcroft Debt Recovery

Debt No 9

Home Shopping Personal Finance?

What's the story behind this account - could it have been an unsecured loan not a credit card?

Who currently owns the debt since Moorcroft Debt Recovery are a Debt Collection Agency?

Di

Comment

• HSPF Loan
          • Feb 2010
          • £11736.95
          • Last Full payment: Jun 2012
          • DMP
          • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
          • Drydens Fairfax Sols

Debt No 10

This debt was definitely a HSPF loan (according to you). Was there any PPI involved?

I can see it's with DrydensFairfax solicitors but who is their client (the current debt owner)?

Have you been sent anything threatening such as a Letter of Claim which needs attention since it's £11k?

Have you sent a s 77/78 CCA Request to anyone for this debt?

Di

Comment

• Santander Credit card
            • Feb 2008
            • £2618
            • Jul 2012
            • DMP
            • Defaulted Jan 2013 - dropped off credit file
            • Wescot Credit Services

Debt No 11

Is this one still with Santander or has it been assigned/sold to a debt purchaser?

As long as you're still paying the original creditor it's unlikely to be sold. When a debt is assigned it can make things easier for you because the debt purchaser doesn't necessarily have access to the historical data/information making it potentially harder for them to comply with any request for documents.

It's not only the credit agreement which they would need to enforce the debt in court, it can be loads of other things such as the Default Notice and proof that they have Title to the debt (assignment issues).

Di

Comment

• Barclaycard - previously EGG
              • Feb 2009
              • £3120
              • DMP
              • Defaulted Jan 2013– dropped off credit file
              • PRA Group

Debt No 1
              Did this account begin as Barclaycard or could it have been an Egg credit card which Barclaycard purchased in 2011?
              Checked on CCA agreement which they sent and it states it was an EGG card and was applied for over the Internet.
              Did you have PPI on this account? No
              I would send a s 77/78 CCA Request to PRA to get the ball rolling:
              Or have you already done that? CCA request initially sent last June but response file away at the time. Emailed to Niddy a few days ago who has advised this is unenforceable as no signed agreement enclosed.

Last edited by Helpme34; 4 June 2019, 20:18.

Comment

Barclaycard
                • Feb 2008
                • £1454
                • DMP
                • Defaulted Jan 2013– dropped off credit file
                • PRA Group

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Debt No 2

Same questions

Was Barclaycard the original account holder and did you have PPI? Yes it was Barclaycard and No it did not have PPI.

Since it's now been assigned to PRA I would send a s 77/79 CCA Request to them.

If you've already sent a request and had a response then email it (the documents PRA sent) to Niddy (the forum owner) using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk Documents already emailed to Niddy a few days ago and currently confirmed as Unenforceable. This too was an internet application

Di

Comment

• Virgin MBNA credit card
                  • Feb 2009
                  • £1509
                  • DMP
                  • Defaulted Feb 2013 – dropped off file
                  • Link Financial

Debt No 3

Did you apply online for this Virgin MBNA credit card? I have no idea how I applied for this one!!

I see it's been assigned to Link and from your first post they have not responded to your s 77/78 CCA Request. Yes request sent June 2018 - no response whatsoever

Don't write to remind them because the debt will be unenforceable until or unless they produce the credit agreement within the statutory timeframe.

Do nothing for now. I have just written to Payplan to confirm I will be managing my own DMP from now on. So I'm assuming the best way forward is to include all the creditors on the Financial statement but not send any money to those who have not supplied the CCA's or have produced unenforceable ones? Question that I have is what do I write in the letters which are generated from the NEDCAB website offering payments? This letter also advises that I am longer with Payplan.
                  Di

Comment

• MBNA Credit Card
                    • Apr 2007
                    • £5385
                    • Last full payment: June 2012
                    • DMP
                    • Defaulted Feb 2013 – dropped off file
                    • Link Financial

Debt No 4

I'll assume that Link haven't responded to your s 77/78 CCA Request for this debt either (according to your first post).

In which case the debt will become unenforceable until or unless they do comply. When did you send the request?
                    Yes request sent June 2018 - no response

Don't write to Link again or they may try harder to comply, which is exactly what you don't want them to do!

Di

Comment

I have just written to Payplan to confirm I will be managing my own DMP from now on. So I'm assuming the best way forward is to include all the creditors on the Financial statement but not send any money to those who have not supplied the CCA's or have produced unenforceable ones? Question that I have is what do I write in the letters which are generated from the NEDCAB website offering payments? This letter also advises that I am longer with Payplan.

Do nothing they will all contact you as soon as the payments stop, Payplan will say they are no longer dealing with it.
                      expect your phone to be red hot, just say you will not deal over the phone and every thing is to be in writing only,
                      we have plenty of templates you can use

NW
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I hope I've done the diary correctly. Waiting for your response

It's getting there

You've helpfully listed your 11 debts so the full picture is clear; but it would be even more helpful if you could now list each account in a separate post which you can re-quote and update when something happens.

Here's an example of a perfect Diary so you can see what I mean > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...xie-s-ue-diary

If you've got any questions just post them on here and a Mod will help you to get started.

Di

Comment

• Halifax Credit Card
                          • Apr 2008
                          • £3132
                          • DMP
                          • Defaulted Nov 2012 - dropped off file
                          • Wescot Credit Services

Debt No 5
                          Is Halifax still the owner of this debt or could it have been assigned/sold to a debt purchaser?Halifax sent a letter dated 16 Nov 2002 stating that as a suitable repayment plan had not been agreed, they were transferring the card to a debt collection agency i.e Wescot Credit Services Ltd

Westcot Credit Services are a Debt Collection Agency who would be acting on behalf of the debt owner.
                          Have you sent a s 77/78 CCA Request to anyone for this debt yet? I sent the CCA request to Wescot in June 2018 with the postal order made payable to Wescot. They returned it stating that it had to be made payable to Halifax. Filed away at the time. New request to be sent.
                          Di
                          Last edited by Helpme34; 6 June 2019, 21:03.

Comment

err
                            Last edited by Helpme34; 6 June 2019, 21:03.

Comment

CCA to owners = wescot are only commissions agents and hope to get money out of you!
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Barclays credit card – possibly EGG
                                • Jan 2004
                                • £2684
                                • DMP
                                • Defaulted Feb 2013 – dropped off credit file
                                • PRA Group

Debt No 6
                                If this was an Egg credit card from the beginning (2004) which was subsequently bought by Barclaycard it'll be interesting to see what documents PRA produce. They need the credit agreement and the appropriate Ts & Cs from inception. This can be a struggle for them in some circumstances.
                                CCA agreement received July 2018
                                If you've already sent the s 77/78 CCA Request and had a response then email it to Niddy using
                                webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk Emailed to Niddy who advised debt is unenforceable.
                                Di

Comment

Working...
                                X