GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post

Oh you meanies!! He did mention the word 'stranded' in the email..poor guy
    Yup, a real first world problem isn't it. Being stranded while away on your xth holiday of the year

Comment

was 3 months once stranded only went for 4 weeks, lovely weather then in the late 80s
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

Yup, a real first world problem isn't it. Being stranded while away on your xth holiday of the year
        Shame is it not lol
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary

HSPF then Bank of Scotland credit card
          • Feb 2010
          • £1184
          • Last full payment: Jun 2012
          • DMP
          • Defaulted Feb 2013– - dropped off credit file
          • Moorcroft Debt Recovery

Jun 2018 - CCA's requested
          July 2018 - Paperwork received
          May 2019 - Deemed UE by Niddy

9 July - letter from Moorcroft requesting to get in touch as Payplan are no longer dealing with my account.
          9 Sep - letter requesting payment as not received.
          21 Sep - Letter stating account has been passed to Home Collections division and someone will call at the address!!
          So now I'm panicking as I don't want these people knocking on my door! What are the next steps I should take?

Comment

if they do call just ask them to leave and close the door, no letter etc will stop them in most cases, they can make an appearance at least once (caller on commissions hopefuls)

Comment

do not make the mistake in speaking to them about the contents of their visit. and do not tell them anything about the aledged debt and enforceability. I had a company years ago threatening me about a debt, so I politely stated so they could hear :- Lads who have we got in so and so area> as I got a chap here threatening allsorts and needs seeing to:- never heard from them again.

Comment

They have no power of any sort,
                if you know when they may call just don't open the door,
                the call is to ;
                1, make sure it is you that lives there
                2, get you to admit the debt is yours
                3, talk you into starting up a repayment plan,
                If you do open the door, just say not today thanks and close the door.

Comment

I once had a visit from someone who to be fair was really nice, all I said was that the account I believed he may be talking about was seriously disputed and the creditor knew this. He asked me to send a letter stating the same which I did- at the same time being very careful not to acknowledge the debt. Never heard from anyone ever again.

Comment

Hi. Does anyone know if Niddy is back?

Comment

• he should be , if your still waiting for a verdict off him, I would resend to him,

Comment

• Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post
                        Hi. Does anyone know if Niddy is back?

Which credit agreement account are you waiting to hear about (assuming that's the reason for your question)?

Is it your Santander credit card?

I can't see anything about a CCA Request to Santander in your Diary post, but I can see a later post where you were hesitant to send one because your mortgage is also with Santander.

• HELPME34's UE Diary
                        Santander Credit Card
                        • Feb 2008
                        • £2618
                        • DMP
                        • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
                        • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.

Or is it another debt?

Di

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary
                          Santander Credit Card
                          • Feb 2008
                          • £2618
                          • DMP
                          • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
                          • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
                          August - letter sent requesting CCA agreement.
                          08 Aug - letter stating account on hold until request investigated.
                          27 Aug - copy of account opening agreement received.
                          05 Sep - transaction summary received.

18 Sep - CCA sent to Niddy - Confirmed Unenforceable!!
                          Hi Di

Apologies...I hadn't updated the post. Niddy is back and confirmed a few days ago that the paperwork is unenforceable. He said he couldnt say anything about the terms until they sent them to me.

Comment

Hi Di

Apologies...I hadn't updated the post. Niddy is back and confirmed a few days ago that the paperwork is unenforceable. He said he couldnt say anything about the terms until they sent them to me.
                            So im assuming i just sit tight for now??

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary
                              Barclaycard
                              • Feb 2009
                              • £3120
                              • Last full payment: July 2012
                              • DMP
                              • Defaulted Jan 2013– dropped off credit file
                              • PRA Group
                              Jun 2018 - CCA's requested
                              July 2018 - Paperwork received
                              May 2019 - deemed UE by Niddy
                              11 Oct 2019 - offer of a 10% discount off the full balance.
                              1 Nov - Letter Before Claim received from PRA stating I need to complete the form and return within 30 days or I'll be taken to court
                              Just came home from work and saw this letter. Please someone tell me what to do!!! Really scared

Comment

• 0330 053 9340. you a LBA now is the time to get a free initial talk with Di @ 0330 053 9340.
                                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 November 2019, 19:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X