GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you both. Panicking for no apparent reason. Really appreciate the help and support here

Comment

Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post
      HELPME34's UE Diary

HALIFAX credit card
      • Apr 2008
      • £3132
      • Last full payment: June 2012
      • DMP
      • Defaulted Nov 2012 - dropped off credit file
      • Wescot Credit Services
      5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf
      6 July - letter from Wescot stating they would like to offer a reduced settlement amount and asking me to contact them to discuss further.
      So last year, Wescot returned my postal order when I requested CCA's as I had made it payable to them when it should have been to Halifax. Should I now write again requesting CCA's from Halifax?

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary
        Santander Credit Card
        • Feb 2008
        • £2618
        • Last full payment: Jun 2012
        • DMP
        • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
        • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
        This was one of the creditors I didn't request a CCA from as my mortgage is with them. But as Nightwatch mentioned earlier my mortgage is separate so I will be requesting CCA's from them too.

Comment

So last year, Wescot returned my postal order when I requested CCA's as I had made it payable to them when it should have been to Halifax. Should I now write again requesting CCA's from Halifax?
          Yes I would send a CCA request to Halifax. The CCA request with £1 is a statutory request and is UE whilst it is unfulfilled.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So, in the space of 3 days, I have received 4 x CCA requests from Link Financial. I had requested these last June and heard back nothing! I hope it is OK for me to email these to Niddy to check if they are enforceable.

Comment

yes send them:- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk link this thread
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have e-mailed all 4 CCA agreements to Niddy. Fingers crossed....

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary

Virgin MBNA credit card
                  • Feb 2009
                  • £1509
                  • Last full payment: July 2012
                  • DMP
                  • Defaulted Feb 2013– - dropped off credit file
                  • Link Financial
                  June 2018 - CCA's requested - no reply
                  22 Aug 2019 - CCA's received - to be e-mailed to check for enforceability.
                  28 Aug - response from Niddy - This was an online application and they’re using a tick in the box signature. However, Niddy believes it’s UE due to incompleteness of application prescribed terms.
                  If someone can kindly advise the next steps I should take please

Comment

HELPME34's UE Diary

MBNA credit card
                    • Apr 2007
                    • £5385
                    • Last full payment: June 2012
                    • DMP
                    • Link Financial
                    22nd Aug - CCA's recieved - to be e-mailed to check for enforceability
                    28th Aug - Response from NIddy - Online application but is questionable
                    Again - would just to know what to do next please

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary

BARCLAYCARD
                      • Dec 1999
                      • £3265
                      • DMP
                      • Defaulted March 2013– - dropped off credit file
                      • Link Financial

22nd August - CCA's received - to be e-mailed to check for enforceability
                      28th Aug - response from Niddy - looks UE as there are only random terms and no signed agreement.
                      I'm assuming I should just keep quiet on this one

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary

Virgin MBNA credit card
                        • May 2009
                        • £2457
                        • DMP
                        • Link Financial

24th August - CCA's received - to be e-mailed to check enforceability.
                        28th Aug - response from Niddy -This was an online application and they’re using a tick in the box signature. Niddy still thinks it's UE due to incompleteness of application prescribed terms.
                        Same question - next steps to take please..

Comment

There is nothing for you to do at the moments
                          Niddy has said they are UE, so sit back and see what they send next.

NW

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary
                            Santander Credit Card
                            • Feb 2008
                            • £2618
                            • DMP
                            • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
                            • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
                            I recieved a reply to the CCA request and it seems genuine to me. I have emailed to Niddy to check.

Comment

Ah! Wetcloths opppssss (Wescot = we hope to make money collecting from you ) are only collection agents and no owners

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary

HSPF Loan
                                • Feb 2010
                                • £11736
                                • DMP
                                • Defaulted Dec 2012– - dropped off credit file
                                • Drydens Fairfax Solicitors
                                11 Sept - Annual statement received from Lowell. It appears they have bought the debt

16 Sept - Letter received asking to contact them to discuss the account as they are the new owners.
                                So should i be asking them to provide the CCA's for this loan? As i mentioned before, this was a recent loan taken out in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X