GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wescot would not be able to supply as they are not the owners of the aledged debt only collectors on commission

ypu have stated you sent for checking to Niddy????
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post

So should i be asking them to provide the CCA's for this loan? As i mentioned before, this was a recent loan taken out in 2010.

In post # 34 of your thread you said that this debt had been sold to Lowell in March 2014.

Your new post says that you received a statement this month from Lowell, and you add the comment: "It appears they have bought the debt." implying this has only recently happened.

You've previously posted that DrydensFairfax have been chasing you for the debt, which is unusual since Lowell Portfolio instruct their own firm Lowell Solicitors.

Can you clarify the dates of what happened when before you send a CCA Request in case I've misunderstood the situation (it happens ).

Di

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        Wescot would not be able to supply as they are not the owners of the aledged debt only collectors on commission

ypu have stated you sent for checking to Niddy????
        So I am quite confused now..Wescot replied after I sent the CCA request. They have enclosed a copy of the original application form (and yes i have emailed this to Niddy to check). They also then sent me a transaction summary from Santander dated from account opening showing all the transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

In post # 34 of your thread you said that this debt had been sold to Lowell in March 2014.

Your new post says that you received a statement this month from Lowell, and you add the comment: "It appears they have bought the debt." implying this has only recently happened.

You've previously posted that DrydensFairfax have been chasing you for the debt, which is unusual since Lowell Portfolio instruct their own firm Lowell Solicitors.

Can you clarify the dates of what happened when before you send a CCA Request in case I've misunderstood the situation (it happens ).

Di
          Apologies...my mistake. In the initial letter in 2014, they stated that the account had been bought by Lowell but would continue to be managed by Drydens for my convenience. However, the current letter is from Lowell and does not mention anything about Drydens.

Comment

So I am quite confused now..Wescot replied after I sent the CCA request. They have enclosed a copy of the original application form (and yes i have emailed this to Niddy to check). They also then sent me a transaction summary from Santander dated from account opening showing all the transactions.
            Some times, but not always, a DCA will pass on or ask the original lender for the paperwork,
            Sometimes a DCA will say as they are not the owner of the acount, you must contact the original lender, Arrow always used to do this, which was confusing as they were the owner as they had bought it,
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Apologies...my mistake. In the initial letter in 2014, they stated that the account had been bought by Lowell but would continue to be managed by Drydens for my convenience. However, the current letter is from Lowell and does not mention anything about Drydens.
              So should I send the CCA request to Lowells?

Comment

if you have had a CCA reply then no need, Has Niddy deemed it unenforceable?
                Or if you are still waiting he is on holiday so may be a few hours behind/ahead of us

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  if you have had a CCA reply then no need, Has Niddy deemed it unenforceable?
                  Or if you are still waiting he is on holiday so may be a few hours behind/ahead of us
                  No. I have never requested a CCA for this loan as it was fairly new (2010) and wasnt sure whether or not to.

Comment

in that case send the CCA to Lowell and let's see what you get back

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary
                      Santander Credit Card
                      • Feb 2008
                      • £2618
                      • Last full payment: Jun 2012
                      • DMP
                      • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
                      • Wescot Credit Services

5 July - letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
                      This is the one I've received an application form for. Awaiting reply from Niddy who has confirmed he is on holiday at the moment.

Comment

he may be some time, flew with Thomas Cooke

Comment

So should i be asking them to provide the CCA's for this loan? As i mentioned before, this was a recent loan taken out in 2010.

From what you say Lowell's letter simply asks you to contact them. It's not threatening anything is it?

If not then it doesn't require a response or a s77-79 CCA Request (yet).

I've got a little lost reading the last few posts on this thread because I can't always see which debt they refer to.

Lowell have your original HSPF loan after it was assigned to them in 2014, and you've never sent a CCA Request to anyone (so far). DrydensFairfax solicitors were managing the debt on behalf of HSPF, and continued to do so after Lowell purchased it. Recently DrydensFairfax have ceased to write to you, and you've had a mild(?) letter from Lowell (not Lowell Solicitors(?).

Your Santander debt is still owned by them but managed by a DCA (Wescot) and you've sent a CCA Request to Wescot not Sandander(?). You've been sent documentation by Wescot which you have emailed to Niddy for his opinion on its enforceability.

Correct me if I've misunderstood things (it happens).

Perhaps update each of the debt posts to keep things on track, and then quote them before you ask a question so members can see the full history in one post..

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

From what you say Lowell's letter simply asks you to contact them. It's not threatening anything is it?

If not then it doesn't require a response or a s77-79 CCA Request (yet).

I've got a little lost reading the last few posts on this thread because I can't always see which debt they refer to.

Lowell have your original HSPF loan after it was assigned to them in 2014, and you've never sent a CCA Request to anyone (so far). DrydensFairfax solicitors were managing the debt on behalf of HSPF, and continued to do so after Lowell purchased it. Recently DrydensFairfax have ceased to write to you, and you've had a mild(?) letter from Lowell (not Lowell Solicitors(?).

Your Santander debt is still owned by them but managed by a DCA (Wescot) and you've sent a CCA Request to Wescot not Sandander(?). You've been sent documentation by Wescot which you have emailed to Niddy for his opinion on its enforceability.

Correct me if I've misunderstood things (it happens).

Perhaps update each of the debt posts to keep things on track, and then quote them before you ask a question so members can see the full history in one post..

Di
                            That's all correct Di. Sorry i seem to have got things confused! I'll update each post as advised

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                              he may be some time, flew with Thomas Cooke
                              Oh! I might fly over him when I return then from holiday, ////// soon

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Oh! I might fly over him when I return then from holiday, ////// soon
                                Oh you meanies!! He did mention the word 'stranded' in the email..poor guy

Comment

Working...
                                X