GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hotpoint and Indesit tumble dryer fires prompt legal move - (whirlpool, indesit, creda, hotpoint) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotpoint and Indesit tumble dryer fires prompt legal move - (whirlpool, indesit, creda, hotpoint)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotpoint and Indesit tumble dryer fires prompt legal move - (whirlpool, indesit, creda, hotpoint)

Hotpoint and Indesit tumble dryer fires prompt legal move - (whirlpool, indesit, creda, hotpoint)

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 23rd December 2016 09:30
    A consumer group has begun a legal bid aimed at strengthening protection for owners of fire-prone tumble dryers.

Thousands of people with Creda, Indesit and Hotpoint dryers are awaiting repairs a year after a safety alert was first issued. Now the consumers' association Which? is seeking a judicial review into what it regards as failures by the trading standards team overseeing the case. Peterborough Trading Standards said the legal attempt was "premature". Fires have been caused by excess fluff, which can catch on the heating element of these dryers. Some five million affected machines were sold in the UK between April 2004 and September 2015. Whirlpool, which now owns the brands affected, has been running a repair programme and offering discounted replacements to anyone with an affected dryer.....Source: Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Hotpoint and Indesit tumble dryer fires prompt legal move - (whirlpool, indesit, creda, hotpoint

Owners told not to use tumble dryers

More ----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Hotpoint and Indesit tumble dryer fires prompt legal move - (whirlpool, indesit, creda, hotpoint

Hotpoint 'sold' me a replacement one for £99 so I think I should be asking for my money back.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Hotpoint 'sold' me a replacement one for £99 so I think I should be asking for my money back.

Di
        With interest.....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

More than 35,000 sign recall petition

More than 35,000 people have signed a parliamentary petition to force Whirlpool to recall three million potentially dangerous tumble dryers.

The manufacturer has advised millions of owners to unplug their machines, but has refused to issue a safety recall.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39063180

Comment

Working...
          X