GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco 'fictional farms' may be misleading - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco 'fictional farms' may be misleading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco 'fictional farms' may be misleading

Tesco 'fictional farms' may be misleading

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 24th March 2016 14:52
    Britain's farmers have said Tesco's fresh produce labelled with "fictional farm" brands may be misleading.

Despite the British sounding names, the "farms" do not exist and the produce is often sourced from abroad. The National Farmers' Union (NFU) says the labels may give customers a false idea of where the produce is sourced. Tesco said in a statement: "We've named the brands after farms to represent the quality specifications that go into every product across the range." New brands such as Rosedene Farms and Boswell Farms were launched on Monday to cover Tesco's own-label produce. Phil Bicknell, the NFU's Head of Food and Farming said: "It is clear that Tesco have identified that customers have a positive affinity with farmers and want to capitalise on this. "The key question to ask with this is, what are these brands trying to communicate? If this is not aligned with the origin sourcing and specification of the product we must ask if this is misleading to customers."....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X