GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Text plan to tackle nuisance calls on mobile phones - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text plan to tackle nuisance calls on mobile phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text plan to tackle nuisance calls on mobile phones

Text plan to tackle nuisance calls on mobile phones

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 8th December 2015 08:08
    Mobile phone users will be able to send a text to opt out of receiving marketing calls, under regulators' plans.

The development has been highlighted in a progress report by consumer group Which? as part of a campaign to tackle nuisance calls. Which? wants board level responsibility in companies to ensure unwanted calls are not made. Its research found that unsolicited calls to mobile phones were increasing. Regulator Ofcom is working on plans to allow mobile users to sign up to theTelephone Preference Service - a service that makes it illegal to call those on the register with marketing calls. Ofcom is also working on other technical call-blocking programmes. In recent months, the Information Commissioner's Office has fined a number of firms for nuisance calls, some of which were making millions of automated calls.nWhich? launched its Calling Time campaign to tackle nuisance calls a year ago. "Despite some good progress, we are still seeing high levels of unwanted calls and texts, so more needs to be done to put an end to this everyday menace once and for all," said Richard Lloyd, executive editor......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X