GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Baby born on board long-haul flight - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby born on board long-haul flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby born on board long-haul flight

Baby born on board long-haul flight

A woman has given birth during a Los Angeles-bound China Airlines flight after unexpectedly going into labour.

The baby girl was delivered by a doctor who happened to be on the flight from Bali on Thursday.

The plane made an emergency landing in Alaska where the mother and baby were both taken to hospital.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34524286

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Baby born on board long-haul flight

I wonder what nationality the baby can claim ?????
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

China Airlines Flight - no doubt Chinese National, that is how it use to be if I am correct?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        China Airlines Flight - no doubt Chinese National, that is how it use to be if I am correct?
        I've had a quick read ....lol

The subject of birth aboard aircraft and ships is one with a long history in public international law. The law on the subject is complex, because various states apply differing principles of nationality, namely jus soli and jus sanguinis, to varying degrees and with varying qualifications.

From here ----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_...raft_and_ships

so complex ...I'd rather do CCA Law

Comment

Almost every country in the world, as well as the United Nations, has procedures and recommendations for how to properly classify the geographic details of an in-air birth. The United Nations considers a child born in-flight to have been born in the airplane's registered country. Some countries point to the city where the child first disembarked the plane as the place of birth, and to the airplane's registered country as the place of citizenship. Of course, citizenship and birthplace are two different topics -- citizenship is typically a larger issue and may require some paperwork, while writing a child's birthplace on a birth certificate is often a less legally significant consideration.

For simplicity's sake, we'll focus here on U.S. documentation procedures, which vary from state to state and even from county to county. The state of Texas offers excellent details on how to document an in-air birth on a plane bound for Texas, even if the birth takes place over, say, Australia. Using a Texas birth certificate, you fill in the county and city of birth with the county and city where the child was first removed from the plane, and you should include a citation of where the birth shows up in the aircraft's flight log. For the location of the structure where the birth occurred (which is typically the city and county of a hospital), the county should be "In flight," and the city should be the name and flight number of the aircraft and the latitude and longitude coordinates of the point over which the child entered the world.

From here ---> http://people.howstuffworks.com/air-birth.htm

Comment

Working...
          X