GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script VW scandal: 1.2m UK vehicles affected - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VW scandal: 1.2m UK vehicles affected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW scandal: 1.2m UK vehicles affected

Volkswagen has announced that nearly 1.2 million of its vehicles sold in the UK are fitted with the software behind the emissions scandal.

It includes diesel-powered cars with the VW brand, Audi, Seat and Skoda as well as VW commercial vehicles.

More ----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34399503
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: VW scandal: 1.2m UK vehicles affected

VW suspends thousands of UK car sales

The company says the vehicles may be equipped with the device that cheated emissions tests in the United States.

The German company said the move will involve four thousand vehicles across the VW group including the VW, Audi, Skoda and SEAT brands.

The company says it is a temporary measure. It intends to return the vehicles for sale once a fix is identified for the cars.

More -----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34410390
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I hope they don't recall the vehicles who's ECU's we have re-mapped....they go like "S" off a shovel ..emissions what's them for ?......

Comment

The irony here is that there is talk of possible jail talk for the executives of VW, yet few criminal charges have been bought against those bankers/traders responsible for Libor fixing etc........
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Are the owners expected to pay for the repairs ?
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
            Are the owners expected to pay for the repairs ?

UK drivers to sue Volkswagen for billions: Class action threat over fiddled diesel tests

more ---> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sel-tests.html

Comment

What is wrong with helping you through the MoT?

Will all the schoolchildren who have private schooling, including tutors, have to resit all exams? Who cares if the reliability of testing is influenced by artefacts?

Comment

VW emissions: How to check if your car is affected

Here---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34468047

Comment

400,000 VW cars in UK need engine modification

More here -----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34505593

Comment

"I'm just a simple engineer from Michigan," says John German, the man who helped discover the Volkswagen emissions scandal.

More -----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34519184

Comment

VW hit by falling sales as crisis deepens

I am told that the first evidence that customers are turning away from VW will be revealed in the new car registration figures to be published by the Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders (SMMT)on Thursday morning.

more ----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34723424

Comment

anyone else get the feeling VW is just one manufacturer of many who will have been discovered doing this?
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                          anyone else get the feeling VW is just one manufacturer of many who will have been discovered doing this?
                          Yes! They all bend the rules, special test cars etc

Comment

VW cars can also cheat European emissions tests, BBC learns

VW's clever software knows when it's being tested, because the routine is the same every single time. Starting with a cold engine, in a lab that's between 20 and 30 degrees centigrade, it's then driven for six miles on a rolling road, no turns, with exactly the same gear changes at exactly the same times, and all within a speed at two km/h either side of set limits.

The whole thing, including some idle time, always lasts 20 minutes and 20 seconds.

So, we then tried to trick the computer into thinking it was out of the lab, by simply accelerating hard a few times, taking it above motorway speeds. Straight afterwards, we ran the Euro 5 test again, but with one simple difference. We started with a hot engine this time.

More ------> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34857404

Comment

Sales of Volkswagen cars fell 20% in the UK last month following the diesel emissions scandal.
                              In November, 12,958 new VWs were registered, down from 16,196 in November 2014, SMMT figures show.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35005158

Comment

Working...
                              X