GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PayPal casts doubt on Near Field mobile payments systems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal casts doubt on Near Field mobile payments systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal casts doubt on Near Field mobile payments systems

Google and others are promoting Near Field Communication technology, which involves replacing credit cards with phones which can be tapped on a reader at the till - but PayPal is sceptical

The mobile wallet payment systems being developed by Google, Vodafone, Orange, Visa and Mastercard could be out of date before they come to market, according to internet bank PayPal. Google and others are promoting Near Field Communication technology, which involves replacing credit cards with phones which can be tapped on a reader at the till. NFC is the most high profile of the array of new mobile payment technologies on show at this week's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. But it requires complex alliances between banks, mobile phone operators, software developers and handset makers. Shops and restaurants must install new equipment at tills, and customers need NFC enabled phones. PayPal's head of mobile, David Marcus, is sceptical: "For NFC to succeed you need consumers to have the handsets, and merchants to install the terminals. It will take time for NFC to get mass adoption. By the time NFC catches up, we'll be in a world that will move away from the point-of-sales terminal."......Read more here---: PayPal casts doubt on Near Field mobile payments systems

Old Technology basicly - for the UK!!!!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X