GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Why? oh Why did she just ignore the ticket? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why? oh Why did she just ignore the ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why? oh Why did she just ignore the ticket?

I have heard that you can only appeal a fine, once its paid, so perhaps as shes paid it shes in a better position to appeal against it and get a refund?

Im not sure how it works with private firms but thats what ive always been lead to believe with council parking fines.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Past council fine I appealed before payment (bolton) apparently they had a 1 strike and your fined scheme for disabled parking

i'd been fined as my parking badge had slipped below the windscreen and restricted the view

Parking eye however noooooooooooooooo ignore ignore ignore

i'll bet they'll suddenly start ignoring her if she did try & appeal..chances she'll get a refund? ZERO i'll bet

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        Im not sure how it works with private firms
        You write back with the ticket and tell em to go play with the traffic (as they have no legal rights).....

Well that's what I always 'thought' (if that's wrong I'll soon be corrected)!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

you are indeed correct...

Comment

I think I misread the article and she had not paid, but the headline I thought indicated she'd paid. Thank god a lot of the user comments were do not pay, never pay, etc, etc,

Comment

Private parking firms are to be ignored unless they take you to court.

For a "free" car park they'd have to show losses which means they'd need to show the car park was full etc.

Scumbags pure and simple.

As for the journalist, "fine" really ? Under whose authority would that be then ?

Comment

Working...
              X