GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by gwlad View Post

Hi Di

I have received one of the Hoist to Hoist Letters

Would you be kind enough to email it to me please

Di

Leave a comment:

• gwlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Can you just clarify the exact names on that assignment letter.

Was it an assignment from Hoist Portfolio 2 Ltd to Hoist Finance UK 1 Ltd or any other 'Hoist' entity?

If anyone else has received a 'Hoist-to-Hoist' assignment letter can you let me know please

(The precise names are important)

Di
    Hi Di

I have received one of the Hoist to Hoist Letters

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by realfedup View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else had had this.

Received letter from Hoist this week stating that all rights on a former BC (alleged) debt had been assigned to them (with RW acting on their behalf?). But all this took already took place a few years ago and the alleged debt should be SB now anyway as the last payment was March 2012 and termination September 2012.

Have Hoist changed their name slightly or something? I don't understand why they would be contacting me again about this? (the assignment I mean).

Can you just clarify the exact names on that assignment letter.

Was it an assignment from Hoist Portfolio 2 Ltd to Hoist Finance UK 1 Ltd or any other 'Hoist' entity?

If anyone else has received a 'Hoist-to-Hoist' assignment letter can you let me know please

(The precise names are important)

Di

Leave a comment:

• realfedup
    replied
    HI Warwick

Point taken.

Last payment made was in 2012. No payments made after default (2012)

Will be checking my records to make sure no acknowledgment (inadvertent or otherwise) to Barclaycard after 2012.

I presume that you applied for credit between 2014 and 2018, which is the period the claim came through - do hope you managed to tell them where to get off:-)

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    Hi realfedup

I will admit I have not read all the thread but I just want to say- a debt is not necessarily SB because it no longer appears on your credit report. Most of mine fell off in 2014/15 but didn't actually become SB until 2018 because I had made payments after the default.

What I will say is this, it is that time of year when debt purchasers seem to send lots of letters, personally I think it is to spook people as we approach that capitalist heaven of Christmas where we all spend more than we can afford on presents people do not need in the hope they will think , we think they are very special

I will say, my Callcredit report does show soft searches every month from call credit - to verify my identity. I will also say, I believe the claim I received was after I applied for and was granted a credit card. I think they thought if I had been given credit I must have money

So just how long is it sine you last made a payment or acknowledged the debt?

Leave a comment:

• realfedup
    replied
    Hi Tech Clerk

I have no idea what is going on, but having signed up at the weekend for my credit reports i -this morning received a letter from Robbers way offering a massive discount if i 'paid up'

Robbers way have never offered me such a discount before, and i wonder if this is due to them realising that i have now seen my credit report and can see that the debt no longer shows up due to being stat barred.

Maybe Robbers way can somehow see that/when i have logged in, as mentioned in an earlier post?

i honestly don't know - i just find it a strange co incidence (which is all it may actually be?)

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    soft searches lenders cannot see on credit files

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    The problem with the free Noddle and clearscore reports is they are always out of date by about a month. They are not entirely representative of what a company would see.

Leave a comment:

• realfedup
    replied
    Hi NW

Had a look a credit rating. Question. Does the £2 paper report provide any different/additional information to the online stuff?
    No sign of Barclaycard debt, but i guess that wont stop Robbers Ways twitching with glee and chasing me with more vigor now that I've signed up to Noddle and the rest:-)

Arh well.

Yes. i am mindful of your guidance and will update as the need arises prior to taking any action.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Quote "i'm just wanting to check if any unknown defaults have popped up and/or encourage those that hadnt defaulted me 6 years ago when i started the journey to do so now and backdate.2

if they were marked as Arrangement to pay and you didn't they should of been defaulted once payments stopped and, before being sold on,
    you may find that if they sold them on they MAY have now fallen off your file, good luck with the fact finding, please let us know what you find BEFORE fireing off any letters to anyone xxx
    Last edited by nightwatch; 24 November 2018, 17:41.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    the old "Snotcall" oopppssss Scotcall now Resolve call, commission seekers. always tell them to leave

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    NW - you are a devil looking at their Bank account minus postage etc everytime.​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• realfedup
    replied
    Crikey NW

Now theres something, RW sending someone round to your home. Bleedin cheek! i had thought all of that type of behaviour by DCA's had stopped. Thought it was only bailiffs (or whatever they are called now) that made home visits! They really are chancers.

So its possibly on log in that i might wake them up with excitement and a bit of hand rubbing:-) will bear this in mind.

I will chance it and see what happens. i'm just wanting to check if any unknown defaults have popped up and/or encourage those that hadnt defaulted me 6 years ago when i started the journey to do so now and backdate.

The wonderful thing is should i get into any problems/hit any barriers, i know that i'm in good company, i can come back here for shared experiences, knowledge, support and a bit of guidance.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    NW - you are a devil looking at their Bank account minus postage etc everytime.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    Originally posted by realfedup View Post
    HI All
    To my added surprise i have also had a couple of recent calls (unanswered) from Robbers Way. No voicemail facility on my landline (didn't want any stress) know its Robbers as i called back using a different phone.

Anyway, after months of no contact from Robbers Way, and the account they are chasing me for, made stat barred earlier this year, im wondering if the renewed contact has anything to do with my recent October approaches to comparison sites for insurance? Could any credit report activity have alerted /woken up Robbers Way?

I 'm considering looking at my credit report now as i want to check what if anything is outstanding and start to put any errors right. Would my enquiry alert Robbers Way, or am i still being a little paranoid?

Ive read up on soft searches, but cannot find anything about soft searches being notified to DCA's - very frustrating
    who knows what robbersway do? A soft search is when your file is checked but only you see it, so if applying for credit any searches by debt companys shouldnt show up to them,

But they may be able to tell when you last logged on to the CRA in question.

Don't forget we are comming up to party season and they may be in need of funds for the mince pies, so could just be trawling through any they have missed, in the hope, that someone will give them the price of a pie.

RW sent a "field agent" to my house this year, to reconnect with me, the account in question is SB , I forgot to tell them that when I sent my complaint letter to them for the UE Alledged debt,
    They did appologise for any embarresment caused (next door was stood 2 metres away) and, have assured me he won't call again,

their new letter to me today is asking how I would like to clear the outstanding balance,
    Idealy I should let them know it is SB, BUT, I will miss the letters, so I will let them continue wasting their postage, I am starting to feel a little guilty about the ammount of paper they are wasting .

Hey ho NW x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X