GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmsman
    replied
    Re: Barclaycard (MKDP) Sold to Hoist Portfolio

Originally posted by MustGetStraigh View Post
    Same... They took ages with my hubby too... gits!
    Me Too
    Helmsman

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
    Barclays took 10 months to register a default on mine too, their gits for doing this!

I'd be clear by the end of October otherwise.
    Same... They took ages with my hubby too... gits!

Leave a comment:

• marypoppins
    replied

Barclays took 10 months to register a default on mine too, they're gits for doing this!

I'd be clear by the end of October otherwise.
    Last edited by marypoppins; 1 May 2016, 11:13.

Leave a comment:

• Fleabite
    replied

Hello all

After a quiet spell, I have just had letter from RW (they were kind enough to send me a text message before to say that they had sent me a letter)!

The letter says that they have noticed I am making payments to my other creditors (which I am) but not them .

They go on to say they may send one of their Field Contact Managers, refer the account for a CCJ, report to the CRAs that no payment is being made or make phone calls to anywhere (including work).

They do say that if they intend to send a Field Manager or take legal action they will let me know.

Annoyingly, BC did not default me until nearly 9 months after the notice. Most of my other debts will come off my file in September of this year, but this one is going to stick around a while longer.

Once again, I will ignore, but just a head's up that they may be starting a new campaign.

FB

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by Mehim View Post
    Options they have to consider, whether to advise Howard Cohen & co to commence legal action or further collection activity, letters and calls. blah blah

Think I will ignore this one too but feel free to say otherwise. . . .

After reading the rest of the posts here, i`m not sure now if I should be sending this lot a new CCA request or still ignore them.

I've replied on your own Diary thread. I believe this £8k debt has been deemed by Niddy in response to your CCA request to Halifax in 2012.

Wait to see what he advises in case there's a chance that Hoist won't get the same enforceable agreement four years later when faced with a new CCA request.

When is this debt due to go SB?

Also this thread is aimed at ex-Barclaycard debts which were sold to MKDP before being taken over by Hoist. Your debt is ex-Halifax.

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• Mehim
    replied

Afternoon folks,

refers to post #34 again. Tesco

Another letter from robbersway. Settlement offer available, contact them to pay a reduced amount giving £2000 discount.
    Options they have to consider, whether to advise Howard Cohen & co to commence legal action or further collection activity, letters and calls. blah blah

Think I will ignore this one too but feel free to say otherwise.

Many thanks for all the support freely given.

After reading the rest of the posts here, i`m not sure now if I should be sending this lot a new CCA request or still ignore them.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

Lets hope they "come a cropper" searching around in that dark wet dingy cellar.......I have heard that the stairs are quite slippery

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

Latest update from me on the Barclaycard/Hoist/Robinson Way train.....

Rob Way still waiting to hear back from the OC.

Fine by me as the clock is ticking..........

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

The amount that a debt is purchased for by a DCA will be calculated on the probability of collecting it.
    That might be how it used to work. Nowadays they buy a total debt package. For instance they'll be offered 10,000 toxic-accounts for 28p in the £1 and they'll negotiate a final price or they'll be offered the file of accounts for a set fee of £X per disk.

But it usually all done on the total disk purchased. They don't care about adding 100 AADers to the portfolio of 10,000 toxic accounts as 9900 paying, takes into account the 100 AADers. for example.

The national average was last known to be around 8-14p in the £1 for toxic accounts.

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

The amount that a debt is purchased for by a DCA will be calculated on the probability of collecting it.

In view of the continued success on here, I think any prospective debt purchaser might be put off buying an account if they were informed that the account holder is a member of AAD!
    Perhaps they need another field for their database called AAD and only offer those debts at £0.01 in the £ to high risk purchasers - hell, they may even get some people deciding to do a f&f at that rate

Leave a comment:

• marypoppins
    replied

In view of the continued success on here, I think any prospective debt purchaser might be put off buying an account if they were informed that the account holder is a member of AAD!

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

Thank you, its interesting to have a sort of idea of what they actually do get when they buy a load. it appears to be less than I had expected them to be passed

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Anything that affects affordability / hardship / legal dispute etc should have full notes when assigned. They're triggered under a different flag (status) so the debt purchaser is aware of a valid dispute / financial hardship etc.

I'm just trying to expand on how it works without spelling it out as each firm is different; but in the main purchasers will be fully aware and have access to anything relating to hardship / disputes.

Anyway, as you say - not much hope of any of them applying common sense really

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    CONC 7.13 is in relation to DCA -> you. It's more explaining how a lender should behave. It's not about what data is transferred as part of a bulk sale of accounts.

It does not regulate nor suggest anything for business -> business.
    I agree that CONC is not much use in regulation of B2B assignment of accounts but section 7.13.5 muddies the water a little with its wording:

A firm should ensure (subject to any legal requirements) that adequate and accurate information it holds about a customer in relation to a debt is made available to persons involved on its behalf in the debt recovery process.

Information relating to the customer which should be made available to agents or employees includes, for example:

1. (1) being in financial difficulties;
    2. (2) being particularly vulnerable;
    3. (3) disputing the debt;
    4. (4) a repayment plan or forbearance being in place;
    5. (5) having a representative acting on the customer's behalf.

So it wouldn't be an unreasonable view that if an OC has to ensure the provision of adequate and accurate information above to its agents, it should also provide this information on assignment of debts also.

However I know I'm now using the term unreasonable, OC's and DCA's in the same sentence

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    Thanks for that, its very interesting. So if OC sells to DCA1, and then it goes to DCA2, how much would DCA2 know about what had been written to OC and/or DCA1 - or would that vary depending on who each party was? I am thinking that if the disk only contained the basics like OC, date defaulted, last paid date sort of thing they would be on a very sticky wicket if they decided to take court action without getting all the information needed, which is probaly half the reason the lose so many!! Should they or do they actually get all the correspondance if they go to court or do a lot not bother and just run with the basics. Yes I am a curious cow
    It varies and in this case I was specifically referring to hoist / MKDP etc (ie compello group companies).

CONC 7.13 is in relation to DCA -> you. It's more explaining how a lender should behave. It's not about what data is transferred as part of a bulk sale of accounts.

It does not regulate nor suggest anything for business -> business.

-> https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2015-10-26

Leave a comment:

Working...
X