GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script stuffthebanks' UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuffthebanks' UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stuff the banks ue diary

I have taken out the bits that didn't apply to my account....and adapted to suit my position....
    If its pants, can you let me know before i send it....

e

write with reference to the above numbered account.
    The recent McGuffick and Carey cases confirmed that a lender should submit upon request a valid true copy of the original CCA. In MBNA v McCullagh; the Judge ruled;
    "The terms and conditions are plainly not a copy of those on the original agreement. There may only be one difference identified (it is difficult to tell from the illegible copy of the original) but that is enough. The obligation is to provide "a copy of the executed agreement". This plainly cannot be a copy of the original agreement. It is not open to the claimant to say that the difference is 'de minimis'. They have to provide a copy of the original (reconstituted or otherwise)"
    There are also several other recent cases that alleviate the Carey Judgment such as Hayes v HFC, at Blackpool county court in July 2010. She successfully overturned a charging order on her home. Judge Bell agreed that the reconstituted agreement was not accurate. Then you have the case of Kotecha v Phoenix in which Phoenix attempted to recover a debt owed on a HFC bank credit card. The appeal judges agreed the bank had not been able to supply an accurate copy of the original agreement. In Murphy v Cabot the recorder, Nigel Clayton, found the copy of the agreement was illegible. Similarly, in Paterson v Cabot Judge Russell decided the copy of that agreement was illegible, the terms and conditions were not the ones originally supplied. In both the Cabot cases they lost as they had clearly failed to produce a properly reconstituted document.
    I therefore suggest you go away and stop harassing me with such nonsense. If you really want to waste my time, the courts time and your clients time by pursuing this "lost cause" then please feel free - however this will be emphasised when I apply for set-aside, moreso because I am telling you the law and telling you that whilst an account is in dispute no formal action can and should be taken.
    I shall be citing the following reasons; to get any formal request made by you, or your solicitors, set-aside:
    . Similarly, in line with the most recent OFT Guidance surrounding unenforceability (October 2010), you should be aware that the OFT has stipulated the following;
    Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements. Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
    • a copy of their agreement
    • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
    • a statement of account
    • The document sent to me by the original creditor ‘ Argos’ is merely an application form.
    • The original creditor ‘Argos’ has also failed to supply me with a SAR which i applied for on 5th December 2011.

I have made myself crystal clear, now I suggest you go and pass this account back to the Original Creditor and stop with the bullying tactics, they will not work; also stop wasting my time. If you decide to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate formal complaints with the appropriate authorities including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.
    I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished. I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter and look forward to hearing from you in due course.
    Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
    Steve

Comment

Before i go on the UE route with MBNA and Capital One i needed to know if my cca's are good or bad....so i have just emailed the 2 just received .

Sent to the secure document database instead for Niddy......
      Last edited by stuffthebanks; 17 February 2012, 18:51. Reason: Wrong info given
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
        Hello Itd, thanks for your reply....
        I'm not sure about that response to be honest....bearing in mind i have not made any sort of contact with them at all.
        I was thinking leave it and see what they send next, bearing in mind i still have not received the SAR from Argos.The OC..and thats been nearly 60 days now......
        Do you think silence is not the way to go from now onwards then??
        Cheers.
        Hi

If I understand correctly

You have sent a CCA request to Argos, the OC

They have sent an application form - has Niddy deemed this as UE as I can't see this info anywhere??

If it has now been sold to Lowells and you have not contacted them yet I would be inclined to send Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

This is just what I would do, the lack of reply to the SAR is another issue but does not affect the UE status due to the default of the valid CCA request, as far as I am aware.

MK
        One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
        Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by mk_chatham View Post
          Hi

If I understand correctly

You have sent a CCA request to Argos, the OC

They have sent an application form - has Niddy deemed this as UE as I can't see this info anywhere??

If it has now been sold to Lowells and you have not contacted them yet I would be inclined to send Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

This is just what I would do, the lack of reply to the SAR is another issue but does not affect the UE status due to the default of the valid CCA request, as far as I am aware.

MK
          Hello MK,
          thanks for replying.....
          Yes Niddy confirmed it was unenforceable,just an application form.
          Advice given up to now has been to ignore Lowells...which is just what i have kept to.
          To be honest....if i am totally honest, i dont really know how to proceed.....other than send the draft letter i put in the post before this one..i dont know.....
          Confused......
          Steve

Comment

Sorry Flower p...
            I have gone off half cocked...

Right...a recap....
            Argos sold account to Lowell's last November.
            I sent off CCA and Sar, requests at the start of December.
            Argos sent me back what Niddy says is an unenforceable application.
            I have not yet received the SAR pack.
            Up to now i have not responded to Lowell's.
            The latest letter was from Red....
            I got the template off the post I2d responded with,and adapted it to suit,or so i thought.....
            In hindsight i think i messed it up....
            I did read through the template,and it really did not tally up with my account....

I fully respect the knowledge you guys have....i am a novice,and find it a bit confusing at times.....must be my age.....

I guess i just need to know how to respond if at all to Red,on the situation as it stands...
            I have an unenforceable account,but i dont know if they actually know that?????
            And how do i go about letting them know?

Steve

Comment

send them a copy of the sold in dispute template, just send as is. Niddy carefully crafts these templates so that you don't admit anything that could be detrimental to you.

it can be very confusing but we will help you through, Mr D and I have 21 debts between us so good files are a must to keep track of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                send them a copy of the sold in dispute template, just send as is. Niddy carefully crafts these templates so that you don't admit anything that could be detrimental to you.

it can be very confusing but we will help you through, Mr D and I have 21 debts between us so good files are a must to keep track of it all.
                Cheers ELD,
                The penny finally dropped for me....
                I think that template fits perfectly...
                I will send out tomorrow.....
                Thanks for all the help everyone...
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                  You're doing well and I love your username, that's exactly how I feel about them!

It's easy to get confused with so many templates, etc. but you'll get the hang of it. The good thing is that you posted your questions here and we could clarify them for you.

In the beginning it can be scary when you receive all those threatening letters I also used to worry about them. After a while you'll just get used to receiving letters and filing them away. The Niddy templates quote a lot of Case Law and Statute Law which is precisely the way to let them know you know it's UE. Most DCAs run a mile when they receive letters like that, they prefer to go after easier prey (a.k.a. non AAD members).
                  Thanks Flower.....a rose amongst thorns......
                  Steve

Comment

MBNA CREDIT CARD

Started 12/10/04
                    Balance - £2300
                    Last payment £30.00 January 2012
                    Status. Not in default

CCA received on 12/2/12...No expert,but looks unenforceable to me...so i'm going down the UE route with this one now.

17/2/12 ...CCA posted on secure database for Niddy to look at
                    Steve

Comment

i have been here 2yrs and still trying to understand the "speak" but do not feel as worried as before or stressed youll be fine xxx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just a thought on Argos.....i have not received the SAR i requested back in December.....but the Lowell statement does show a £10.00 payment from the original amount......
                        I have a feeling the £10.00 i sent Argos as payment for the SAR has been used to pay off on my account instead....
                        So maybe its time to go back to Argos and find out why they have not sent me what i asked for,and what happened to the money i sent them???

Thoughts??????
                        Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 18 February 2012, 20:18. Reason: removed bold
                        Steve

Comment

MBNA CREDIT CARD

Started 12/10/04
                          Balance - £2300
                          Last payment £30.00 January 2012
                          Status. Not in default

CCA received on 12/2/12...No expert,but looks unenforceable to me...so i'm going down the UE route with this one now.

17/2/12 ...CCA posted on secure database for Niddy to look at
                          19/2/12....Thanks for looking Niddy....end of the road with this one.....
                          Steve

Comment

Very catalogue

Started : July 2004...Account started back in 2001 as Argos,then changed to Argos Additions,Then Additions and finally to Very...
                            Original account as Argos back in 2001
                            Balance:£1804
                            Last payment:November 2012 £30.00
                            Now paying:Nothing

Financial difficulties meant the £120 per month could no longer be met..so....I will try to be as precise as possible..

30/8/11..Arrears collection dept..Account is in arrears.
                            5/9/11...Letter sent to Very asking for help in reduced payments.
                            Income and expenditure also sent.
                            12/9/11..Letter sent to Very..Telephone harassment letter sent.
                            13/9/11...Letter from Very...Unable to accept my proposals..
                            16/9/11...Letter from arrears collection dept.
                            22/9/11..Letter sent to Very..telling them they are being unreasonable.
                            26/9/11..Letter from arrears collection dept.
                            28/9/11..Letter from Very...Unable to accept payment proposals
                            7/10/11..Letter from Very...unable to accept proposals..
                            7/10/11..Take me to court template letter sent to Very.
                            10/10/11..Letter to Very...Telephone harassment template sent to Very.
                            13/10/11...Letter from Very..Acknowledgement of complaint from Very.
                            18/10/11...Letter sent to Very...Another complaint regarding phone calls and the ignorance in response to our financial situation.
                            20/10/11...Letter from Very...regarding my recent letter..its all down to the auto dialler...and we need to ring to arrange payment plan...
                            We did ring..and they would not accept payment offer,and that we could only set up plan through someone that manages a DMP....
                            10/11/11..CCA and SAR request sent to Very..
                            24/11/11...Letter from Very...They have agreed a payment plan of £30.00 per month,and interest frozen for 12 months.
                            5/12/11....CCA default letter sent to Very..
                            22/12/11...SAR received from Very...
                            14/1/11..Usual monthly statement received from Very...no charges showing...
                            4/1/12...Acknowledgement of my putting account into default because of no CCA..
                            1/2/12...Letter from Very...Further to the letter sent on 4th Jan..investigation continuing and final response by 28th Feb..
                            17/2/12..Normal statement received....no charges added...but acknowledge a failed payment from January...
                            21/2/12...Response from very re CCA request.....i have copied it onto the end of this.....i share this with you all to give Niddy a rest.......i dont think its quite what i need to make the debt enforceable....

Steve

Comment

Mmmmm.....

That date in the bottom right corner is a bit of a giveaway. I take it you've posted it as you got it or have you blanked your name and signature?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
                                MBNA CREDIT CARD

19/2/12....Thanks for looking Niddy....end of the road with this one.....
                                REALLY??!! As an ex employee, am quite suprised at this given the date ...... suppose there have to be a few about.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X