GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script stuffthebanks' UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuffthebanks' UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stuff the banks ue diary

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    REALLY??!! As an ex employee, am quite suprised at this given the date ...... suppose there have to be a few about.
    Have to admit i was gutted to find out its enforceable Oscar....especially as it had application form plastered across the top...but i certainly wont argue with Niddy....i just dont have the knowledge and he most certainly does......
    Interesting to hear your views on it though Oscar.....
    I certainly have no problem with anyone looking at any of my CCA's on here though...i can always mail them....
    Cheers..
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
      Mmmmm.....

That date in the bottom right corner is a bit of a giveaway. I take it you've posted it as you got it or have you blanked your name and signature?
      Hello mate....no,its the original....as sent.....we never ever signed anything with Very....and the date at the bottom is as sent...
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        Yes, those catalogues are well known for not requesting signatures. Some are cheeky enough to send a blank form when you do a CCA request and ask you to sign it and send it back! Has happened to someone on here!

Niddy says they are virtually all precisely for that reason, and their standard CCA response is to send just a blank form like the one you posted, hoping that the requester will be impressed by all the terms in small font and forget to look at the very bottom!

Probably no need for :niddy to look at it, even a schoolboy could tell that's not enforceable, buy you always knew it wouldn't be, didn't you?
        To be honest FlowerP..i kind of guessed it would be ..i just thought i would share with you all....if it may be of any help to someone else...or maybe just raise a smile at the tricks they try to pull on us unsuspecting consumers...
        Steve

Comment

I will be sending the template..'terms and conditions' tomorrow....should sort out any confusion as to what i expect in future...
          Steve

Comment

Sorry to see about your MBNA account. It's shocked us all.

It just goes to show that Niddy is right when he says each case is different. I wish he'd been wrong in this case though.....

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
              Sorry to see about your MBNA account. It's shocked us all.

It just goes to show that Niddy is right when he says each case is different. I wish he'd been wrong in this case though.....
              You cant win em' all Mate........
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                Yes, those catalogues are well known for not requesting signatures. Some are cheeky enough to send a blank form when you do a CCA request and ask you to sign it and send it back! Has happened to someone on here!
                Flowerp...
                They did return my 1st request for SAR and CCA,they said they would not send out documents unless we proved we were the account holders...via a signature.....i wrote back quoting the data protection act...blah,blah.....and it worked..info sent.... i knew enough not to trust them.....
                Last edited by oscar; 22 February 2012, 11:38.
                Steve

Comment

REALLY??!! As an ex employee, am quite suprised at this given the date ...... suppose there have to be a few about.
                  Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
                  Have to admit i was gutted to find out its enforceable Oscar......but i certainly wont argue with Niddy......
                  Wont argue with Niddy either - unless its football related of course! Am intrigued though .... didnt think they had started pulling their socks up then!
                  Last edited by oscar; 22 February 2012, 11:43.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi matey

Ok, not good so far I'm afraid...

Capital 1 - Enforceable other than they forgot to send the terms as at inception so easy to rectify - however for the moment you may as well play the game and respond in kind with this: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

* If they get snotty, i.e issue threats then back down as they can easily remedy this breach.

MBNA - Enforceable I'm afraid, it's just 'too new' and they have got it right. For now though, as above no harm playing the game and replying with this: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

However back down if they get clever as it is enforceable.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This was in 2004 mate... It was an Arsenal credit card by my reckoning and thus had the terms down the left of the actual application form, in fact it does state it is a regulated agreement, all the PT's are on the same signatory page - it's one of those that was done properly to be honest.

Have to admit i was gutted to find out its enforceable Oscar....especially as it had application form plastered across the top...but i certainly wont argue with Niddy....i just dont have the knowledge and he most certainly does......
                      Interesting to hear your views on it though Oscar.....
                      I certainly have no problem with anyone looking at any of my CCA's on here though...i can always mail them....
                      Cheers..
                      See above comments, sorry mate - I can't lie and say what you want to hear; they'll eat you alive - so whilst it's fine to blag it for a while, long term if they get heavy you do need to back down and come to some agreement unfortunately (god I hate saying that!)

Wont argue with Niddy either - unless its football related of course! Am intrigued though .... didnt think they had started pulling their socks up then!
                      Did you note what card Steve took? And bear in mind who you support - sorry, what's your username again? I think it was changed from Oscar to 'I'm a Twat' wasn't it

* at least you have football clubs, mine is bust - maybe we should start an UE diary for Rangers FC
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Very catalogue
                        As you gathered, 100%

They know this so feck knows why they keep sending blank agreements out

Respond as follows: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Application Form Received

Comment

Why have I got a Barclaycard agreement in my inbox from you but no diary post regards it, or am I being blonde and can't see it for looking?

We need a full diary please.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            This was in 2004 mate... It was an Arsenal credit card by my reckoning and thus had the terms down the left of the actual application form,
                            Think I recall those. Problem is seen so many over the years, you lose track of what belonged to what.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Why have I got a Barclaycard agreement in my inbox from you but no diary post regards it, or am I being blonde and can't see it for looking?

We need a full diary please.

No...not a blonde moment Niddy....i have Barclaycard on my debt free diary thread....
                              Up to now they have been ok,quite helpful infact...got me thinking why that would be???
                              So my aploogies for being so vague....if its i will remove from my debt free diary and add it to my UE diary....

If this is not acceptable practice...i await your rollocking

And thanks for the info on the MBNA,Capital One,and Very CCA'S.......I knew taking anything to do with Arsenal would backfire....as if they dont shaft me enough every time i go down to watch them....
                              Last edited by stuffthebanks; 22 February 2012, 18:41. Reason: Text added
                              Steve

Comment

30/8/11..Arrears collection dept..Account is in arrears.
                                5/9/11...Letter sent to Very asking for help in reduced payments.
                                Income and expenditure also sent.
                                12/9/11..Letter sent to Very..Telephone harassment letter sent.
                                13/9/11...Letter from Very...Unable to accept my proposals..
                                16/9/11...Letter from arrears collection dept.
                                22/9/11..Letter sent to Very..telling them they are being unreasonable.
                                26/9/11..Letter from arrears collection dept.
                                28/9/11..Letter from Very...Unable to accept payment proposals
                                7/10/11..Letter from Very...unable to accept proposals..
                                7/10/11..Take me to court template letter sent to Very.
                                10/10/11..Letter to Very...Telephone harassment template sent to Very.
                                13/10/11...Letter from Very..Acknowledgement of complaint from Very.
                                18/10/11...Letter sent to Very...Another complaint regarding phone calls and the ignorance in response to our financial situation.
                                20/10/11...Letter from Very...regarding my recent letter..its all down to the auto dialler...and we need to ring to arrange payment plan...
                                We did ring..and they would not accept payment offer,and that we could only set up plan through someone that manages a DMP....
                                10/11/11..CCA and SAR request sent to Very..
                                24/11/11...Letter from Very...They have agreed a payment plan of £30.00 per month,and interest frozen for 12 months.
                                5/12/11....CCA default letter sent to Very..
                                22/12/11...SAR received from Very...
                                14/1/11..Usual monthly statement received from Very...no charges showing...
                                4/1/12...Acknowledgement of my putting account into default because of no CCA..
                                1/2/12...Letter from Very...Further to the letter sent on 4th Jan..investigation continuing and final response by 28th Feb..
                                17/2/12..Normal statement received....no charges added...but acknowledge a failed payment from January...
                                21/2/12...Response from very re CCA request.....i have copied it onto the end of this.....i share this with you all to give Niddy a rest.......i dont think its quite what i need to make the debt enforceable....
                                22/2/12....Niddy...confirms
                                Last edited by Flowerpower; 23 February 2012, 08:05. Reason: Removing bit of code
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X