GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script stuffthebanks' UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stuffthebanks' UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stuff the banks ue diary

Originally posted by stuff the banks View Post
    14/3/12....Letter received from HFC....They are concerned we have not reached an arrangement for the repayments.
    Considering the appropriate course of action..DCA,solicitors etc,etc...
    They may consider temporarily suspending payments,or accept reduced payments.

Advice welcome...my thoughts are that i should send a reply reminding them of the failure to respond to my CCA request...
    Why?

Isn't no agreement better than an arguably enforceable agreement?

You should verify that they obtained payment of the postal order.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Why?

Isn't no agreement better than an arguably enforceable agreement?

You should verify that they obtained payment of the postal order.
      Hello Cloggy.....
      I was going to update my diary and read this post from your good self first......
      I received another letter today from HFC....a copy of my complaint regarding account in default....but no mention of where my actual document has got to,which i requested 31/1/12, just a request for payment and signature.....

I have sent back a reply today, enclosed copies of postal proof and proof of postage from 31/1/12,along with signature template,and a letter advising them of account still in default.
      See what i get back this time...
      Steve

Comment

But have those "gentlemen" cashed the postal order?

Comment

But have those "gentlemen" cashed the postal order?
          Well i can be sure of one thing Cloggy,i wont be sending another one..
          Steve

Comment

Argos card

Started: September 2001
            Balance: £1053..
            Last payment made £10.00 October 2011
            Not paying anything at all

30/11/2011 ..Letter of sale from Argos..and Lowell introduction letter received.
            5/12/11....CCA and SAR request sent to Argos
            12/12/11...LETTER RECEIVED FROM LOWELL..we are here to help..I do not reply...
            22/12/11...CCA request received from Argos....Its an application form.... unenforceable.....
            23/12/11..Letter from Lowell...We want to help you clear your account.....I do not reply
            3/1/12...We would like to help you free up your finances...I do not reply
            13/1/12...Statement of account from Lowell....Showing a payment of £30.00 not sure where it came from....Do not reply..
            16/1/12..We can still help you....What you could face if we don't hear from you....Do not reply...
            1/2/12...Letter from Lowell's....Our next steps....this is the last time they will contact me,it will be passed on to Red next...(Surprise,surprise)Also they drone ofn about taking me to court to petition for bankruptcy....Is that a threat??????
            Its not too late to make them an offer...
            Still ignore....any thoughts???
            17/2/12..Just back from a break,and letter received from Red...threats to apply to the courts for CCJ...or if account meets certain criteria apply for a statutory demand....I wont respond..unless anyone thinks otherwise???
            18/2/12...Email sent to red with the account in dispute template.
            23/2/12..Letter from Red....Copy attached below.....any thoughts??
            Is this an acceptable response to the account in dispute template i sent them on 18/2/12??
            I dont think so personally...
            1/3/12...2 letters received today from Lowell...both acknowledging my complaint that no SAR has been sent from Argos...they are requesting another CCA from Argos also...Where have Red gone??

9/3/12..Letter from Lowell...they have been in touch with Argos regarding my credit agreement...Argos are trying to retrieve from there archive.......They will be in touch once they have an outcome........Not going to do anything..just wait...and wait..and wait...

16/3/12.....Letter from Lowell's...We are waiting for your credit agreement from Argos..They are still trying to retrieve it from their archives...We wont write to you again until we have the agreement.........
            Steve

Comment

Very catalogue

Started : July 2004...Account started back in 2001 as Argos,then changed to Argos Additions,Then Additions and finally to Very...
              Original account as Argos back in 2001
              Balance:£1804
              Last payment:November 2012 £30.00
              Now paying:Nothing

Financial difficulties meant the £120 per month could no longer be met..so....I will try to be as precise as possible..

30/8/11..Arrears collection dept..Account is in arrears.
              5/9/11...Letter sent to Very asking for help in reduced payments.
              Income and expenditure also sent.
              12/9/11..Letter sent to Very..Telephone harassment letter sent.
              13/9/11...Letter from Very...Unable to accept my proposals..
              16/9/11...Letter from arrears collection dept.
              22/9/11..Letter sent to Very..telling them they are being unreasonable.
              26/9/11..Letter from arrears collection dept.
              28/9/11..Letter from Very...Unable to accept payment proposals
              7/10/11..Letter from Very...unable to accept proposals..
              7/10/11..Take me to court template letter sent to Very.
              10/10/11..Letter to Very...Telephone harassment template sent to Very.
              13/10/11...Letter from Very..Acknowledgement of complaint from Very.
              18/10/11...Letter sent to Very...Another complaint regarding phone calls and the ignorance in response to our financial situation.
              20/10/11...Letter from Very...regarding my recent letter..its all down to the auto dialler...and we need to ring to arrange payment plan...
              We did ring..and they would not accept payment offer,and that we could only set up plan through someone that manages a DMP....
              10/11/11..CCA and SAR request sent to Very..
              24/11/11...Letter from Very...They have agreed a payment plan of £30.00 per month,and interest frozen for 12 months.
              5/12/11....CCA default letter sent to Very..
              22/12/11...SAR received from Very...
              14/1/11..Usual monthly statement received from Very...no charges showing...
              4/1/12...Acknowledgement of my putting account into default because of no CCA..
              1/2/12...Letter from Very...Further to the letter sent on 4th Jan..investigation continuing and final response by 28th Feb..
              17/2/12..Normal statement received....no charges added...but acknowledge a failed payment from January...
              21/2/12...Response from very re CCA request.....i have copied it onto the end of this.....i share this with you all to give Niddy a rest.......i dont think its quite what i need to make the debt enforceable....
              22/2/12....Niddy...confirms UE...
              7/3/12...Letter received.....Under the heading..Re: Request to cancel your credit agreement.
              It says they have provided me with a copy of the current credit agreement...a copy of which i put on page 3 0f this thread.
              They say it sets out the contractual arrangement that is in place at this time,and includes all applicable contractual variants and amendments that have taken place since the account was opened.
              It is clear by ordering and purchasing goods from us,you acknowledge that there is an existing relationship in place.
              In the event that you did not believe that there was such a relationship it is unlikely you would have bought and continued to buy goods from us.
              The latest case law in relation to the enforceability of credit agreements has made clear that unenforceability does not mean that the rights of the parties under a credit agreement were never acquired or are extinguished.
              Failure to make payments will affect my credit rating,blah,blah,blah...

16/3/12....Statement recieved with £12.00 late payment fee added...
              Letter received from arrears collection dept...the usual contact us to arrange payment blah,blah,blah..
              Ignore???
              Steve

Comment

Very catalogue

Started : July 2004...Account started back in 2001 as Argos,then changed to Argos Additions,Then Additions and finally to Very...
                Original account as Argos back in 2001
                Balance:£1804
                Last payment:November 2012 £30.00

Financial difficulties meant the £120 per month could no longer be met..so....I will try to be as precise as possible..

30/8/11..Arrears collection dept..Account is in arrears.
                5/9/11...Letter sent to Very asking for help in reduced payments.
                Income and expenditure also sent.
                12/9/11..Letter sent to Very..Telephone harassment letter sent.
                13/9/11...Letter from Very...Unable to accept my proposals..
                16/9/11...Letter from arrears collection dept.
                22/9/11..Letter sent to Very..telling them they are being unreasonable.
                26/9/11..Letter from arrears collection dept.
                28/9/11..Letter from Very...Unable to accept payment proposals
                7/10/11..Letter from Very...unable to accept proposals..
                7/10/11..Take me to court template letter sent to Very.
                10/10/11..Letter to Very...Telephone harassment template sent to Very.
                13/10/11...Letter from Very..Acknowledgement of complaint from Very.
                18/10/11...Letter sent to Very...Another complaint regarding phone calls and the ignorance in response to our financial situation.
                20/10/11...Letter from Very...regarding my recent letter..its all down to the auto dialler...and we need to ring to arrange payment plan...
                We did ring..and they would not accept payment offer,and that we could only set up plan through someone that manages a DMP....
                10/11/11..CCA and SAR request sent to Very..
                24/11/11...Letter from Very...They have agreed a payment plan of £30.00 per month,and interest frozen for 12 months.
                5/12/11....CCA default letter sent to Very..
                22/12/11...SAR received from Very...
                14/1/11..Usual monthly statement received from Very...no charges showing...
                4/1/12...Acknowledgement of my putting account into default because of no CCA..
                1/2/12...Letter from Very...Further to the letter sent on 4th Jan..investigation continuing and final response by 28th Feb..
                17/2/12..Normal statement received....no charges added...but acknowledge a failed payment from January...
                21/2/12...Response from very re CCA request.....i have copied it onto the end of this.....i share this with you all to give Niddy a rest.......i dont think its quite what i need to make the debt enforceable....
                22/2/12....Niddy...confirms UE...
                7/3/12...Letter received.....Under the heading..Re: Request to cancel your credit agreement.
                It says they have provided me with a copy of the current credit agreement...a copy of which i put on page 3 0f this thread.
                They say it sets out the contractual arrangement that is in place at this time,and includes all applicable contractual variants and amendments that have taken place since the account was opened.
                It is clear by ordering and purchasing goods from us,you acknowledge that there is an existing relationship in place.
                In the event that you did not believe that there was such a relationship it is unlikely you would have bought and continued to buy goods from us.
                The latest case law in relation to the enforceability of credit agreements has made clear that unenforceability does not mean that the rights of the parties under a credit agreement were never acquired or are extinguished.
                Failure to make payments will affect my credit rating,blah,blah,blah...

16/3/12....Statement recieved with £12.00 late payment fee added...
                Letter received from arrears collection dept...the usual contact us to arrange payment blah,blah,blah..
                Ignore???
                20/3/12....After receiving 10 phone calls in the past 2 days i am sending the threat of legal action telephone template...along with a copy of my original harassment telephone template sent to them on 11/10/11..see how that sticks.....
                Steve

Comment

Cheers for updates - top 2 ignore and the one above, yep get stuck into em for the harassment
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Or, when they next telephone, test their hearing by blowing a strident whistle into the handset.

Comment

Or, when they next telephone, test their hearing by blowing a strident whistle into the handset.
                      You really do give me a right good chuckle Cloggy......
                      I like the whistle idea....

What i have been doing is answering the phone, not taliking and just slipping the phone into my desk drawer for an hour each time leaving the line open...
                      Not sure what that does exactly...but i guess little things please little minds..
                      Steve

Comment

You really do give me a right good chuckle Cloggy......
                        I like the whistle idea....

What i have been doing is answering the phone, not taliking and just slipping the phone into my desk drawer for an hour each time leaving the line open...
                        Not sure what that does exactly...but i guess little things please little minds..
                        it costs them money, that's for sure
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HFC
                          Flexible loan.
                          Started: 2003
                          Defaulted:2011
                          Balance:£800
                          Last payment:July 2011

31/1/12...CCA request sent to HFC.
                          27/2/12...Account in default letter sent to HFC, as no CCA has been received.
                          7/3/12.....letter received from HFc advising account in arrears..no mention of my previous letters sent....

I think i may re send the account in default letter,i never recorded the one sent out on 27/2/12,but i did record the CCA request along with £1.00 postal order on 31/1/12....i reckon 2nd class recorded should do it...

14/3/12....Letter received from HFC....They are concerned we have not reached an arrangement for the repayments.
                          Considering the appropriate course of action..DCA,solicitors etc,etc...
                          They may consider temporarily suspending payments,or accept reduced payments.

Advice welcome...my thoughts are that i should send a reply reminding them of the failure to respond to my CCA request...

21/3/12....Letter received today from HFC.....FINAL DEMAND...After numerous attempts to resolve account its now being passed onto their litigation dept.
                          I guess because i am still waiting for my CCA, FOR WHICH THEY ARE IN DEFAULT..i would assume that i ignore this threat letter....or do i????
                          Steve

Comment

Did you re-send the cca request recorded?
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              Did you re-send the cca request recorded?
                              Hi Pixie,
                              Yes, i sent registered post....kept proof of postage,and the postal order receipt....i sent them a copy of all that info a few days ago....recorded delivery of course....
                              Steve

Comment

Hi Pixie,
                                Yes, i sent registered post....kept proof of postage,and the postal order receipt....i sent them a copy of all that info a few days ago....recorded delivery of course....
                                then ignore this letter - its crossed in post

Comment

Working...
                                X