GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script In-A-Pickle UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-A-Pickle UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In-A-Pickle UE Diary

Hi Niddy and All

Well, things have been pretty quiet over the last few months, until today that is - I have just received my first "Doorstep" collection letter, is this something they are likely to carry out?

On a happier note, I wish you all a very happy christmas and a wonderful 2012
    I look forward to hearing from you ......

Comment

Originally posted by in-a-pickle View Post
      Hi Niddy and All

Well, things have been pretty quiet over the last few months, until today that is - I have just received my first "Doorstep" collection letter, is this something they are likely to carry out?

On a happier note, I wish you all a very happy christmas and a wonderful 2012
      I look forward to hearing from you ......
      Its unlikely they will attend and i'd not bother sending a response as it'll not get to them in time - just see what happens. If anyone does call, just rudely tell them to bugger off.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow, that was quick

Thanks again Niddy, much appreciated.

Have a great one!!

Comment

The other thing I do IAP, is keep a copy of the "doorstep" letter behind your front door dated the same day as you received that piece of correspondence from them. When you are less than politely telling them to bugger off you give the unfortunate piece of detritus that letter and slam the door. That way you have legally with drawn their implied licence to visit you and it bbecomes trespass if they come again.

We have had several of these threats and the letter "To Whom it May Concern" from October 2009 still resides by our front door. And we still have our doorstep.

Have a good Christmas!

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Thanks Garlock

I like it, I will have a look for the "Doorstop" letter and keep a few in the porch.

Have a great Christmas & New Year

Comment

Basically just print a few of these off and keep them by the door!
              "Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date. Should it be your intention to continually try and arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.
              "
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Harassment templates here: ---> Templates - Harassment

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Harassment templates here: ---> Templates - Harassment

Thanks Niddy

Comment

Hi Niddy and All

I hope you all had a great Christmas and are ready for 2012!

Just a quick update on the latest letter from Wescot, basically they are staing that they have fully complied with my request for documentation under the Consumer Credit Act. What they did supply was not enforceable and was an application form.

They go on to say that "the document complies with Section 78 of the CCA 1974 as it contains all the relevant terms including name, address, name of creditor and the fact that it states it is a Credit Agreement regulated by the CCA 1974. Further, the provision of the "true copy" in this form is made in reliance of Regulations 3 (2) and 7 (1) (b) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulation 1983. Particularly regulations 3(2), which permits the copy agreement not to show signatures or personal details that may have appeared on the application part of the document. There is no statutory requirement under the Act for a creditor to ever give a copy to a customer with a signature on it.

We do not consider this account to be in dispute and your indebtedness on this account remains due and payable and we will be pursuing for the full payment. You have been provided with all the necessary documentation as evidence that the debt is valid and we see no reason for you to continue to hold payment. I must, therefore, inform you that we will not enter into further correspondence with you about the alleged CCA and DPA breaches.

As you have previously made payments to the account and our client has complied with your request under s78 of the CCA, we will place the account on hold for 14 days for you to contact us to arrange repayment , shoulod we not hear from you within this period, further recovery action could be taken"

Phew.......

Where they mention payment being made, this was prior to the default 18+ months ago, I have not paid a penny since going down the UE route.

I'm sure this looks pretty standard to the expert eye but your advice as ever would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for you help and support

PS .... I love these smilies

In-A-Pickle x

Comment

Just ignore this letter - keep us updated though with anything else......

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Just ignore this letter - keep us updated though with anything else......
                        Thanks Niddy, another super quick reply ....... I can ignore this with pleasure - I will let you know as and when I recieve any further correspondence

Comment

Hi Niddy and All

Thanks for the reply above Flowerpower, I have only just read it!!

On that note, you were right, I have just received a letter from Nelson Guest demanding full payment or a repayment plan or they will start further recovery proceedings. I am assuming that this is just another standard tactical threat but would appreciate the experts advice as to whether I ignore it or send off a suitable response.

Comment

Originally posted by in-a-pickle View Post
                            Hi Niddy and All

Thanks for the reply above Flowerpower, I have only just read it!!

On that note, you were right, I have just received a letter from Nelson Guest demanding full payment or a repayment plan or they will start further recovery proceedings. I am assuming that this is just another standard tactical threat but would appreciate the experts advice as to whether I ignore it or send off a suitable response.

I Would send this > Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                              Thanks I2D - printed and posted

Comment

Hi Niddy and All

Just a quick update, I have received a letter today from Westcot demanding full payment or they will be sending a Doorstep Collection Agency to see me, looks like Nelson Guest & Westcot are both handling my case and not communicating with each other ..... I will send them both the Doorstop letter and see what happens.

Hope you all enjoyed the snow

Comment

Working...
                                X