GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

If there isn't a ccj in the first place then they can't apply for an attachment of earning can they?

I'd send a copy of the proof (not the original)that there's no ccj to Howard Cohen without delay (1st class recorded or maybe even special delivery)

I don't like Lewis Group/Howard Cohen as they went to court and got a ccj against me after just 1 letter from each (though I bet now they wish they hadn't bothered!)

Have you had any reply yet to cca request?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No reply as yet.They never seem to send a reply thats relevant to anything i send but they're not the only ones guilty of that

Comment

They might think it's not relevant if they believe there's already a ccj against you for that account.

Send them the proof that the ccj was set aside.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Very true Pixie.
          Could've done with some good news today...Physio's passing me back to the surgeon again. Looking like this op hasn't worked either. Who needs a right arm anyway?

Comment

I know you have a letter saying the CCJ was set aside or whatever, but have you checked that this actually happened?

Trust Online

Comment

Checked on there and nothing was registered. Does everything show up on there do you know? Not sure if you can ring the court to check..

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                Checked on there and nothing was registered. Does everything show up on there do you know?
                Yes, of course. There'd be bugger all point in it existing if some judgements were missing.

Not sure if you can ring the court to check..
                You could, if you wished, but I'd be more inclined either to tell Howard, Cohen and Fagin lekh tiz'da'yen (if you'll pardon my Yiddish ) or that you'll be reporting them to the Solicitors' Regulatory Authority for sending a letter threatening action that cannot be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Yes, of course. There'd be bugger all point in it existing if some judgements were missing.

You could, if you wished, but I'd be more inclined either to tell Howard, Cohen and Fagin lekh tiz'da'yen (if you'll pardon my Yiddish ) or that you'll be reporting them to the Solicitors' Regulatory Authority for sending a letter threatening action that cannot be taken.
                  Thanks. In that case then it definitely doesn't exist and i've got a letter stamped by the court proving it. If they'd asked for proof when i told them the CCJ didn't exist i would've sent it but as they didn't i'll send it now and see what they have to say

Comment

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your most entertaining letter which I received today, in which you were kind enough to list the ways an alleged County Court Judgement would be enforced against me if I did not pay you a large sum of money at once.

I do feel I should point out to you a flaw in your plans which I believe you may find significant: the alleged County Court Judgement does not exist.

Do you bother to think in your company? If you did, you would surely have checked with the Registry Trust before making threats of impossible enforcement action. You might even have wondered why a judgement that was allegedly given in 2009 had not been enforced already, or considered the likely effect on the reputation of the law profession as a whole as well as yourselves to make such threats in writing.

Yours Faithfully,

Clever Clogs

Comment

Sorry to hear that the op doesn't seem to have worked

Comment

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your most entertaining letter which I received today, in which you were kind enough to list the ways an alleged County Court Judgement would be enforced against me if I did not pay you a large sum of money at once.

I do feel I should point out to you a flaw in your plans which I believe you may find significant: the alleged County Court Judgement does not exist.

Do you bother to think in your company? If you did, you would surely have checked with the Registry Trust before making threats of impossible enforcement action. You might even have wondered why a judgement that was allegedly given in 2009 had not been enforced already, or considered the likely effect on the reputation of the law profession as a whole as well as yourselves to make such threats in writing.

Yours Faithfully,

Clever Clogs
                        Like it. You're getting very good at these letters. You taking lessons from a certain Mr Niddy??

Oops. Don't know why i've quoted 2 posts. Wouldn't know how to if i wanted to :-)
                        Last edited by samsmum; 10 April 2012, 16:29.

Comment

You must have clicked on the multiquote button.

You can delete the quote you don't want

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                            CATALOGUE SIMPLY BE
                            £1300
                            04/2011
                            SENDING TOKEN BUT NOT ACCEPTED
                            ARREARS
                            RELIABLE COLLECTIONS

09/09/2011 CCA Request sent
                            23/09/2011 Letter received. Niddy says
                            03/10/2011 Letter received re home contact 05/09.Ignore
                            03/10/2011..harassment and threat of doorstep visit letter sent
                            14/10/2011..Letter from JD Williams accepting account is unenforceable

28/10/2011...Letter from Reliable threat of court action
                            28/10/2011.. letter received saying my conduct is not acceptable and will not be tolerated
                            11/11/2011..threat of court action letter received, must pay in 24 hours
                            25/11/2011.. Letter saying account is being reassigned.May result in court acvtivity or debt collector calling at my home if i dont pay toward debt in 7 days. DO NOT IGNORE
                            28/11/2011.. Niddy special sent (see post 389)
                            10/12/2011..Letter titled Residency Confirmed received. Says they've failed to contact us so have undertaken investigations to trace us and confirmed we still live here. The debt will not go away!! Must make immedite payment
                            04/01/2012..2nd Niddy special sent (see post 567)
                            21/01/2012.. Letter from Simply Be saying account is being transferred to legal adviors re ccj,warrant of execution by bailiffs or attachment of earnings.If i dont pay in 7 days a solicitor will call at my home. Failure to respond will result in a default on my credit file. Admin charge for each missed payment reminder. DO NOT IGNORE
                            11/02/2012..list of dca's that may be acquiring my account,rights title and interest in the next 2 weeks
                            15/02/2012..Letter from Reliable apologising for comments made and stating all collection activity will cease. Account now closed.Thank you so much to Niddy and everyone.
                            26/03/2012...Letter from Fredericksons. Been instructed to collect £1731 immediately
                            27/03/2012..Letter sent informing them account is closed
                            Morning. Getting phone calls from Fred's now. Shall i just ignore or answer and stick the phone in a drawer? Let them waste money chasing a debt that's written off
                            Last edited by samsmum; 11 April 2012, 09:33.

Comment

"Velly solly, lestaulant not open now; caw back rayter!"

Comment

You do cheer my days Mr Clog

Comment

Working...
                                X