GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Huh!

Am complaining about JDW (as you do) and thought I'd give their CEO a bit of a hard time.....

He's only went and responded - fish - bait - bite -

Looks like I'm gonna have a few days of fun ripping him a new twat that he can spiel his values from!!

I'll start a thread later
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Huh!

Am complaining about JDW (as you do) and thought I'd give their CEO a bit of a hard time.....

Looks like I'm gonna have a few days of fun ripping him a new twat that he can spiel his values from!!

Oh i so can't wait for this one!! Can't think why you would have anything to complain about though. Very nice friendly,helpful,polite understanding staff who go out of their way to find a solution to any financial problems their customers may have. This will a short lived conversation between you methinks and i don't fancy his/her chances much. My vote goes to Team Niddy

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
        Yes. Should've gone into Barclays which is the account i put on my claim form which he has just confirmed. Previous claim was 2 years ago. Was with NW at that time and they still had those account details on file i presume
        Huh!

If you could sell tickets to this, you'd make a bloody fortune Niddy
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Already beat them! I'll explain shortly

Pussies didn't put up much of a fight
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

DING DING...
            Gone in the first 3 seconds of round one
            I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Can't say i'm a bit surprised. Wish i could've been a fly on the wall. Sounds like they've been well and truly swatted as well

Comment

I'm gonna have a few days of fun ripping him a new twat

POINH.

Comment

Are you going to tell us then??

Comment

Ok,

I have a JDW account and ordered a product in January at around £250 (as it had a discount code that made it cheaper than buying in a shop) - and they sent me a bloody printer

So I rung, whinged and sent it back - however me being me kept copies of everything and recorded the call. A fortnight later, no news so I called back and found nothing had been done other than the original request to collect the wrong item - so I reordered the item and thought they'd just cancel one off later.

Nope. It was still showing two when I went to pay in February so I complained and they said that they'd not had the form to which I argued impossible (as I had proof of delivery) so anyway they said fill it in again and return it - I refused and refused to pay until they dealt with it as I was paying interest on a £250 product that I didn't have.

On Monday I remembered this and thought sod it, time to go to the FOS (as it's over 12 weeks, let alone the normal 8) so emailed them and told them so.

Why is the second Vax still showing on my account? I sent proof of this weeks ago now. Do I need to speak to the FOS regards this matter or are you going to sort it out? It's a joke!
                    They wrote back pretty much saying go away unless you fill in the paperwork, as follows;

We have passed your enquiry to our claims department who will be in contact with you shortly. During busy periods a reply may a little longer than usual and we thank you for your patience.

If your enquiry is regarding items missing in transit, our claims team will deal with your enquiry within 7 days of receipt of your completed documentation.

If you require any further assistance in the meantime please contact us.

Yours sincerely
                    Internet Customer Services Team
                    I then wrote back as follows - but this time I sent it to the top, right to the top, and copied in Alan White who is the CEO of the N Brown Group that runs all these catalogues.

I have decided to now formally complain to the Financial Ombudsman as you have been charging me incorrect interest on my account since this error occurred and then you claim to have lost the original letter I sent in, yet I have proof of delivery from our courier. Erm, sorry but enough is enough. This account is now formally in dispute and until such time this erroneous entry for the second item is resolved and all interest retrospectively recalculated, I cannot possibly conclude that my balance is accurate.

How can I?

I am not prepared to waste more time, effort and money resending the same information when clearly, as I explained in my phone call to you - I NEVER ORDERED THE INCORRECT ITEM SO YOUR FORM IS USELESS TO ME! I stated, I ordered an item, you send a Cannon printer, I then returned it and rung to complain, the advisor said he'd send the correct item.

Two of the items show on my account. Why? It was YOUR mistake nothing to do with me.

I suggest you sort this within the next 7 days prior to my sending a formal complaint to the Ombudsman.
                    I then got this back within the hour;

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear that your original documentation has not been received. However, we do require your completed documentation in order for our claims team to look into the matter further.

If you would rather a copy of the claims form sending to you by email please let me know.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. If you need any further assistance in the meantime, please contact us.

Yours sincerely
                    Not content I responded with;

Hi

As previously explained I will refer this matter to the Financial Ombudsman.
                    Then I get this;

I acknowledge receipt of your email and apologise for any distress or inconvenience caused.

I have asked that this issue be investigated as a matter of urgency and you will be contacted shortly.

Kind regards

Alan White
                    Chief Executive
                    N Brown Group plc
                    Then I get a call today and basically agree to drop the complaint based on the following (confirmed via email)....

Further to my telephone call to you, with regard to your email sent to Mr Alan White, our Managing Director.

This is to confirm that I have removed the item detailed below, that was ordered, but an incorrect item was sent, and returned by courier on 14 January 2012:

PRODUCT DETAILS HERE

An adjustment to the interest of £26.20 has also been made. As discussed, I am sorry that the incorrect item was originally sent, and as a gesture of goodwill, the correct replacement will be free of charge. The amount of £199.20 has also been removed from your balance today.

I am pleased that you have accepted this in full and final settlement of your complaint. I will hold vouchers to the value of £30.00 against your next order, and if you could contact me when you are ready to use them, I will be more than happy to assist.

I trust that you are satisfied with my response, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance. I can be contacted by email or on telephone number 0870 160 1941.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Impressive stuff. Do ya reckon your reputation preceded you. Think the secret is be firm,stay calm and let them know you more than they do. I'd just get stressed and then they know the've won. Great result. You make it seem so easy

Comment

So where are the pictures of you ripping him a new orifice?

Comment

They just didn’t want the FOS on their backs.

Nice one Niddy, getting your VAX free of charge, gesture of goodwill, bah!, they didn’t want a fine of a higher value.

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                            Impressive stuff. Do ya reckon your reputation preceded you. Think the secret is be firm,stay calm and let them know you more than they do. I'd just get stressed and then they know the've won. Great result. You make it seem so easy
                            I have not declared who I am i.e. that I run AAD

So they didn't have a clue.... I did however read them (on phone earlier) the relevant riot act about their evident breaches in legislation. Also confirmed I was slightly more clued up than most people they'd speak to - but she knew that when I explained the FOS processes and said no matter what they'll be £500 worse off the moment I formalise things.

Obviously common sense prevailed and see seen that. To be fair I did compliment her actions to Alan White as she did a bloody good job to keep me from going to the FOS which is what I originally wanted.

Anyway, sorted now which is the main thing.

* I've also found their weak-point

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              So where are the pictures of you ripping him a new orifice?
                              Never had the chance mate - I must say (shockingly) since I copied the CEO into the email it was sorted within 24hrs. How could I knock back £250 then go the FOS? That would have been pure silly.

I expected them to come with £100 or whatever - not anything like £200 free VAX plus interest plus vouchers so yea, am reasonably happy at that.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                                gesture of goodwill, bah!, they didn’t want a fine of a higher value.
                                exactly - spot on

Comment

Working...
                                X