GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Back again.Not sure what's relevant and whats not but over the 8 years we were paying the DMP through CCCS £7941 was added on in interest and £3276 of it was refunded. PPI of £1,188 was added but £1.036 was refunded to the account Dont get the interest bit because i thought that was frozen while were on the DMP.

Hope that makes some sense

Comment

Very quiet on here. No Niddy? Hope all's ok

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
        Perhaps Niddy's eloped with Clever Clogs because he's gone quiet too
        Last edited by PlanB; 18 November 2011, 14:17.

Comment

Hi samsmum,

On the PPI refunds and claims, think about sending a PM to di30, one of mods on here. She is a reall whizz on the PPI and reclaims. I know you are entitled to interest as well. But see what she has to say first.

Niddy is about but I think he had some awkward hours this week .

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Niddy site building!

Need to get new site up and running like last week so working flat out on it - I trust the guys here to watch things whilst I'm away, however feel free to PM if you need some help URGENTLY.....

I'll check forums out later this weekend..... just really busy at mo (plus working 84hrs a week)
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Niddy site building!
              Hope you've been wearing your hard hat

Comment

Hubby just had a text from the 'local lender'. Just says'' Hi ****,are you sorted yet?''
                Had nothing back regarding the CCA yet
                '
                Ok, this local lender - they're now treading very dodgy ground.

You have two choices, you can either carry on paying them (why, when there are other creditors?) or formally complain....

I would suggest the latter, however you have to take into consideration that if you do stop paying them etc and things get messy, are they likely to embarrass etc by chatting about it to friends/in the street etc etc?

Its one of those where once you make the decision, then we'll be better placed to help. However I (nor anyone else here) can make that decision for you.

If you cannot afford to pay then don't. That's the obvious thing. But you know the firm better than I do, you also know how they're likely to behave etc - so its your call, we can fight back - sure, but is that what you want?

Obviously I am not talking down the issue, but taking everything on board you do need to consider the facts as noted above.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  Hope you've been wearing your hard hat
                  You belong on stage - people would pay to see you (and hear the one liners).... who needs Billy the Tim when we have PlanB....

Comment

Hi Niddy .Glad to hear you're ok. Hope the site buildings going to plan. Get some time booked off next week for your nervous breakdown. You've earned it!!!!

Guys on here have been looking after us all brilliantly. Ive just been having a mid life crisis. All back to normal now.

Think it's gonna be easier just to pay local firm. Dont want to obviously but taking all things into account its probably easier. Just a bit too close to home i think.

Many thanks
                    Samsmum

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Perhaps Niddy's eloped with Clever Clogs because he's gone quiet too

He's too busy baffling me on Word Association!

Comment

Not had the news as i was hoping for. Need an MRI. Hoping it will show something so he can re-operate. if it doesn't then this is as good as i get. Either way i wont be back at work any time soon
                        It's made me more determined to carry on here and see this through as best i can though
                        Last edited by samsmum; 18 November 2011, 21:06.

Comment

Sorry to hear that samsmum. You are in good company here though as many of us started this road because of health problems. We found that far from compassion help, support or sympathy that you would expect from a civilised society and the financial sector, what you actually get is the dogs let loose on you with all the fury our incompetent law allows and worse.

We are getting through it bit at a time and from personal experience, just knowing that you are not alone through sites like this is key to getting your life back together. Like you, at the beginning we felt guilt, shame, anger, that were alone and the world had set its face against us. However due to the wonders (ho ho) of modern technology, you find that is not the case far from it.

Lets hope that the scan produces better news for you.

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Thanks for your message Garlok. Totally agree. I sometimes think it's worse admitting you're ill or cant cope to these people as they dont believe you for one thing and know you're vulerable and desperate for another.
                            Yes i do feel ashamed that we're in this position so much so that nobody knows. Thank god i can come on here where nobody judges you and everyone's been through or is still going through the same things. Maybe for different reasons but the end result is the same.
                            Dont want to jump the gun til i knows what's what but sometimes circumstances change the decisions we'd like to make. Maybe we'll have to go down a different route but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it. Thanks again though.

Samsmum

Comment

Hi samsmum,

There is nothing to feel ashamed about at all, as I and OH have found out. Life has many twists and turns, throws things at you that you could have never accounted for. The real shame lies within the society we have been "educated" to live in that show none of the things that we should be able to expect from our fellows. We were kicked very hard when we were down, now I get into trouble (in a good way from the likes of Niddy) because I have become so hard nosed about it all and at times confrontational.

AAD is knocking the hell out of that for me l l

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

Best wishes from me too Samsmum xx

If...x
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X