GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
    Had first contact from Nationwide today regarding overdraft. 1 letter and 5 phone calls. Do i make an agreemement now to stop charges being added or ignore for now?
    As Pixie suggests, when you ignore you can then get defaulted thus it'll be gone sooner (from credit files) - however bear in mind yea there may well be charges, but easy enough to whip up a reclaim and make a F&F anyway (once defaulted/sold on)....

But ultimately it is up to you....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks both. Think ignoring should be easy enough given all the other dramas going on this week so that's the plan til the lottery win comes in.

Comment

Thanks both. Think ignoring should be easy enough given all the other dramas going on this week so that's the plan til the lottery win comes in.
        Hi,
        My numbers came up on the euro millions Tuesday Ā£2.80 I am struggling to know what to buy.

Comment

Well if that was me i'd obviously pay it off my highest interest debt first. Or buy a loaf of bread. Decisions decisions eh??

Comment

Well if that was me i'd obviously pay it off my highest interest debt first. Or buy a loaf of bread. Decisions decisions eh??
            Oh sod food, pay your debts won't you!

* sorry that's the reply you'd have gotten on a certain green n white forum. On here we say.....

Sod the debt, eat - eat like a king!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Also from the two tone blue dog forum!

I often wondered why the confused.com advert on the telly was disturbing. The colour scheme is the same as the dog site Two tone bloody blue!

regards
              Garlok

Comment

Hi all,
                Just received a letter re Capital One. BalanceĀ£123 from Hamptons saying after repetedly not paying, Red Debt (never heard of or from them)have instructed them to collect the balance from Lowell. They may prepare for serious action inc a CCJ. Mm doubt that. Is it too soon to make a cheeky F&F offer just to get rid if them or should i just keep ignoring?

Comment

Hi all,
                  Just received a letter re Capital One. BalanceĀ£123 from Hamptons saying after repetedly not paying, Red Debt (never heard of or from them)have instructed them to collect the balance from Lowell. They may prepare for serious action inc a CCJ. Mm doubt that. Is it too soon to make a cheeky F&F offer just to get rid if them or should i just keep ignoring?
                  Just ignore.....
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HSBC LOAN
                    09/2001
                    Ā£5600
                    04/2003
                    Not paying
                    Default 08/2004
                    Payments to Metropolitan
                    14/10/2011.. Letter fromLewis Group acting for CL finance. Says no payment received sinc 22nd June and to contact them.
                    14/10/2011..CCA Request sent
                    Afternoon. Have i made a boo boo with this one? Sent the CCA request nearly 4 weeks ago and not heard anything. Sent it to Lewis Group though. Should it have gone to HSBC?

Comment

You send it to whoever is chasing the account at the time.

Comment

That's ok then. Phew. And cos i've not heard do i just leave it or send anything else?

Comment

Nooo, just leave it. They're in default of your cca request.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I've checked they received it so ball's in their court now. Thanks again

Comment

Hi all,
                              Its such a small debt they would not get a CCJ for it as you'd obviously settle long before it got that far and they know this, however tough - just ignore them!

Comment

I've checked they received it so ball's in their court now.
                                Do they only have the one ball between them?

Comment

Working...
                                X