GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Susies UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Susies UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Susies UE Diary

Looks like Cabot have been looking into quite a few old Lloyds accounts, I received a similar letter from them last week. In my case Lloyds sold my account to Marlin/Cabot group some while ago and have been very quiet for the last couple of years, I approuch SB in the nxt few weeks.

If I was you I wouldn't be telling them yet about the letter from Lloyds confirming they can't find your CCA. Keep that little gem for a later date if it esculates towards a claim, for now I would wait and see what they come up with next, that way it buys you a few extra weeks as it creaps towards your SB date .

Comment

Hi Susie post up if Cabot send anything else x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks both, I will hold fire on Lloyds for now and hopefully buy a bit more time,when its under a year and they crawl out from the woodwork it does start getting tense again. Think there are a lot of us wishing time away at the moment!!
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
          Thanks both, I will hold fire on Lloyds for now and hopefully buy a bit more time,when its under a year and they crawl out from the woodwork it does start getting tense again. Think there are a lot of us wishing time away at the moment!!
          Hi, Sadly I too am wishing this year away!!!!
          Helmsman

Comment

• Re: Susies diary

Mint card 2k Account closed after interest rate rise.
            Taken out Jan/Feb 2005
            CCA request sent 12th July 2010
            29 July reply with signed application form and reconstituted agreement - unsigned

22.10.10 Notice of default sum
            18.11.2010 Thanks for letter of 11 November concerning banks alleged breach of CCA, they have supplied a copy of credit agreement, original and current terms and statement showing outstanding balance therefore they have met their obligationsunder s78(1) blah blah blah
            23.11.2010 Default notice Please read immediately. If I do not pay arrears account will be recorded as a default this will remain on my file for 6 years....
            24.11.2010 Notice being sent as required by CCA 1974 as I am behind with my payments
            24.11.2010 Account termination letter, my account will be reported to CRA's as a default if payment proposals have not been made within 28 days.
            24.11.2010 Default sum notice - duly filed
            Snip to take out DCA's who have gone away
            17.11.2011 New DCA Wescot, sent bugger off letter

6.1.2012 received letter saying they intend to visit me as I have not been in contact, doorstep visit letter sent back to them.

22.2.2011 Had a reply from Wescot for Mint, account is on hold while they investigate yada yada yada. Taken them a while to write back but I will await their next missive when the investigation is complete, since I have no record of what I sent due to my laptop deciding to die and not having a hardcopy (lesson learnt) it will be interesting to get the reply

3.3.2012 Thick or what! received letter saying as I have not been in contact they will visit me unless I telephone them and agree a suitable method of repayment of on the telephone number above. Doorstep letter being sent again

30.3.2012 received letter from Wescott enclosing application form, copies of t&c and a statement so I assume I must have sent them the application form received letter. As I now have my agreement (well agreement and application both begin with a!!! ) they now require payment. Am ignoring and will see what arrives next.

8.6.2012 Seems to have been passed on as I have received a letter from Regal credit saying as they have not heard from me (they have not written so how the hell am I supposed to know they want me to contact them! ) they were going to get an agent to call, so doorstep letter being sent yet again Think this account has had more doorstep letters sent than all the others put together.

24.2.2012 Scotcall letter wanting my doorstep, bugger off its mine in reply

25.5.2016. Like others on here this has now been sold to Cabot. Letters from RBS and Cabot saying its been sold, and from Cabot saying they can help - pay up all in the same envelope.
            3.6.2016 Same as a few others they would like me to contact them and arrange to pay, if I do not they will write or phone me in 14 days. The letter has been neatly filed

Comment

• Re: Susies diary

Taken out Jan/Feb 2005
              29 July reply with signed application form and reconstituted agreement - unsigned

22.10.10 Notice of default sum
              18.11.2010 Thanks for letter of 11 November concerning banks alleged breach of CCA, they have supplied a copy of credit agreement, original and current terms and statement showing outstanding balance therefore they have met their obligationsunder s78(1) blah blah blah
              23.11.2010 Default notice Please read immediately. If I do not pay arrears account will be recorded as a default this will remain on my file for 6 years....
              24.11.2010 Notice being sent as required by CCA 1974 as I am behind with my payments
              24.11.2010 Account termination letter, my account will be reported to CRA's as a default if payment proposals have not been made within 28 days.
              24.11.2010 Default sum notice - duly filed
              Snip to take out DCA's who have gone away
              17.11.2011 New DCA Wescot, sent bugger off letter

6.1.2012 received letter saying they intend to visit me as I have not been in contact, doorstep visit letter sent back to them.

22.2.2011 Had a reply from Wescot for Mint, account is on hold while they investigate yada yada yada. Taken them a while to write back but I will await their next missive when the investigation is complete, since I have no record of what I sent due to my laptop deciding to die and not having a hardcopy (lesson learnt) it will be interesting to get the reply

3.3.2012 Thick or what! received letter saying as I have not been in contact they will visit me unless I telephone them and agree a suitable method of repayment of on the telephone number above. Doorstep letter being sent again

30.3.2012 received letter from Wescott enclosing application form, copies of t&c and a statement so I assume I must have sent them the application form received letter. As I now have my agreement (well agreement and application both begin with a!!! ) they now require payment. Am ignoring and will see what arrives next.

8.6.2012 Seems to have been passed on as I have received a letter from Regal credit saying as they have not heard from me (they have not written so how the hell am I supposed to know they want me to contact them! ) they were going to get an agent to call, so doorstep letter being sent yet again Think this account has had more doorstep letters sent than all the others put together.

24.2.2012 Scotcall letter wanting my doorstep, bugger off its mine in reply

25.5.2016. Like others on here this has now been sold to Cabot. Letters from RBS and Cabot saying its been sold, and from Cabot saying they can help - pay up all in the same envelope.
              3.6.2016 Same as a few others they would like me to contact them and arrange to pay, if I do not they will write or phone me in 14 days. The letter has been neatly filed
              17.6.2016 Looks like my 14 days are up! They want to help me find a solution with a plan created around my budget etc. If they do not hear from me in the next couple of weeks they will continue to contact me. I await thei next love letter from them

Comment

You may get a birthday card .... Ahhhhhhh x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I don't think she loves me that much, but I do hope I am still only receiving letters at that point
                  Last edited by Susie; 23 June 2016, 15:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by Susie View Post
                    Re: Susies UE Diary

Cap 1 credit card £4k
                    Estimated start 2004
                    12th July 2010: CCA request sent
                    6th August: Received reply with a reconstituted agreement + copy of the Application certificate that has a bit of a credit agreement at the bottom where I signed.
                    13th Sept: Sent viewtopic.php?p=1624#p1624
                    1st October: Received letter saying they have complied with S78 by providing reconstituted terms and scanned copy of signature page of original agreement (its the application form that was signed). No further correspondance from them, agreement is enforcable and will be treated as such, pay up! Goes on to refer me to warnings issued by MOJ if I am using a claims management company. Its their final response, so I am filing it and ignoring them.
                    17.10.2010 Default served under S87 of CCA 1974, payment must reach them within 28 days, if payment is made in that time no further action will be taken.
                    20.10.2010 Notice of sum in arrears
                    29.10.2010 Letter saying its important to act now to avoid further action
                    19.11.2010 Letter saying officially in default, account terminated
                    23.1.2010 letter from FTC, they have been appointed their managing agent, and payment must be sent without delay.
                    1.12.2010 letter from FTC, I have chosen not to deal with this matter despite previous communication contact us now to discuss a suitable solution to this matter. Against the rules I know, but I phoned them and just said the account was in dispute with Cap 1, I would not say more or why it was in dispute so pissed the person off bigtime as I would not answer his question but the account is on hold and I have 14 days to write to them.
                    31.1.2011 Letter fron Capquest saying pay up or else, will send letter re doorstep visit and await instructions as to anything further that needs sending!
                    10.2.2011 Letter from Capquest saying (in a nutshell) I have no CC judgements against me at the address and they are trying to help, please contact them as they may reccomend court action.
                    12.2.2011 sent the Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation
                    14.2.2011 probably crossed in the post with my letter, I received an income and expenditure + other creditors form from Crapquest - duly filed until I have a ton of paper that can be recycled
                    23.2.2011 Letter from Capquest, they were unaware of the dispute and are returning the account to Cap1 sooooo ready for round 3, who will be the (un)lucky person to have it passed to them!!
                    24.2.2011 Letter from Cap1 saying debt had been returned to them and that I must keep up payments.
                    13.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying they are collecting the debt - ignored
                    21.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying pay upor court action will be taken.
                    28.4.2011 Confirmed resident card from Fredericksons saying the account is seriously in arrears and trace enquiries showed me as living at this address!!
                    29.4.2011 I sent letter to Frederickson (template for account is formally in dispute with Cap1 andhad been since xx.xx.xxxx)
                    11.5.2011 Letter from Frederickson saying referred to their client and account is on hold.
                    25.6.2011, Letter from Bryan Carter saying court action will be taken
                    27.6.2011 Sent this back: Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
                    1.7.2011 Received a letter from Fredericksons saying I have not replied to BC and they are giving me a last chance to pay before they reccomend legal action. Also they are prepared to accept a f&f settlement if I phone them within 48 hours of getting the letter 48 hour countdown starts now
                    15.7.2011 Sent this back:Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
                    4.8.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying if I want documentation under CCA act request it directly from the client with a £1 fee.
                    28.10.2015 Cap1 account sold to Cabot and have received the 2 letters in the same envelope. Both filed and ignored until something comes that actually needs a reply.
                    Not sure of the dates (will edit later to add them if needed), had 2 generic letters from Cabott saying please pay
                    Beginning November, Replied saying in dispute, please send CCA
                    Mid November 2015 Unable to agree a payment plan, account being reviewed to see if they should take legal action, this is a serious matter.
                    December 2015 Tried to contact me, and referring account to solicitors
                    December 2015 Letter from their solicitor saying 14 days to contact them before court action is being taken.
                    December 2015 LBA sent
                    December 2015 Letter from solicitor confirming receipt and account on hold.
                    December 2017. Welcome back to Cabot Account was with solicitors (probably stuck in a heap of on hold accounts) but they have decided not to take legal action (sensible move). Balance still needs to be paid, given me options, and they would like me to contact them in the next 30 days.
                    Since this should be safely SB by now I am ignoring them

Comment

they have decided not to take legal action (sensible move).
                      Since this should be safely SB by now I am ignoring them
                      That sounds like good news to me ...........Happy New Year

Lets hope that you can ignore this from now on and they quietly go away

Comment

Cap 1 credit card £4k
                        Estimated start 2004
                        12th July 2010: CCA request sent
                        6th August: Received reply with a reconstituted agreement + copy of the Application certificate that has a bit of a credit agreement at the bottom where I signed.
                        13th Sept: Sent viewtopic.php?p=1624#p1624
                        1st October: Received letter saying they have complied with S78 by providing reconstituted terms and scanned copy of signature page of original agreement (its the application form that was signed). No further correspondance from them, agreement is enforcable and will be treated as such, pay up! Goes on to refer me to warnings issued by MOJ if I am using a claims management company. Its their final response, so I am filing it and ignoring them.
                        17.10.2010 Default served under S87 of CCA 1974, payment must reach them within 28 days, if payment is made in that time no further action will be taken.
                        20.10.2010 Notice of sum in arrears
                        29.10.2010 Letter saying its important to act now to avoid further action
                        19.11.2010 Letter saying officially in default, account terminated
                        23.1.2010 letter from FTC, they have been appointed their managing agent, and payment must be sent without delay.
                        1.12.2010 letter from FTC, I have chosen not to deal with this matter despite previous communication contact us now to discuss a suitable solution to this matter. Against the rules I know, but I phoned them and just said the account was in dispute with Cap 1, I would not say more or why it was in dispute so pissed the person off bigtime as I would not answer his question but the account is on hold and I have 14 days to write to them.
                        31.1.2011 Letter fron Capquest saying pay up or else, will send letter re doorstep visit and await instructions as to anything further that needs sending!
                        10.2.2011 Letter from Capquest saying (in a nutshell) I have no CC judgements against me at the address and they are trying to help, please contact them as they may reccomend court action.
                        12.2.2011 sent the Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation
                        14.2.2011 probably crossed in the post with my letter, I received an income and expenditure + other creditors form from Crapquest - duly filed until I have a ton of paper that can be recycled
                        23.2.2011 Letter from Capquest, they were unaware of the dispute and are returning the account to Cap1 sooooo ready for round 3, who will be the (un)lucky person to have it passed to them!!
                        24.2.2011 Letter from Cap1 saying debt had been returned to them and that I must keep up payments.
                        13.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying they are collecting the debt - ignored
                        21.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying pay upor court action will be taken.
                        28.4.2011 Confirmed resident card from Fredericksons saying the account is seriously in arrears and trace enquiries showed me as living at this address!!
                        29.4.2011 I sent letter to Frederickson (template for account is formally in dispute with Cap1 andhad been since xx.xx.xxxx)
                        11.5.2011 Letter from Frederickson saying referred to their client and account is on hold.
                        25.6.2011, Letter from Bryan Carter saying court action will be taken
                        27.6.2011 Sent this back: Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
                        1.7.2011 Received a letter from Fredericksons saying I have not replied to BC and they are giving me a last chance to pay before they reccomend legal action. Also they are prepared to accept a f&f settlement if I phone them within 48 hours of getting the letter 48 hour countdown starts now
                        15.7.2011 Sent this back:Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
                        4.8.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying if I want documentation under CCA act request it directly from the client with a £1 fee.
                        28.10.2015 Cap1 account sold to Cabot and have received the 2 letters in the same envelope. Both filed and ignored until something comes that actually needs a reply.
                        Not sure of the dates (will edit later to add them if needed), had 2 generic letters from Cabott saying please pay
                        Beginning November, Replied saying in dispute, please send CCA
                        Mid November 2015 Unable to agree a payment plan, account being reviewed to see if they should take legal action, this is a serious matter.
                        December 2015 Tried to contact me, and referring account to solicitors
                        December 2015 Letter from their solicitor saying 14 days to contact them before court action is being taken.
                        December 2015 LBA sent
                        December 2015 Letter from solicitor confirming receipt and account on hold.
                        December 2017. Welcome back to Cabot Account was with solicitors (probably stuck in a heap of on hold accounts) but they have decided not to take legal action (sensible move). Balance still needs to be paid, given me options, and they would like me to contact them in the next 30 days. Since this should be safely SB by now I am ignoring them
                        End April/start of May 2018 a letter saying Ruthbridge were now handling this, along with a letter from Ruthbridge saying hello please contact us - Ignored
                        May 2018 Letter from Ruthbridge saying no response to previous attempts to contact me. Discount of up to 70% available (hmmm, let me think about this since it should now be safely SB), If I fail to contact them to discuss the offer or alternative they mey return the account to their client who may look at alternative activity blah blah blah. I will ignore for now as there is still one debt not yet SB that I do not want to wake up, and at a later date will waggle a letter of SB at Cabot for all the ones they hold.

Comment

May 2018 Letter from Ruthbridge saying no response to previous attempts to contact me. . . . . If I fail to contact them to discuss the offer or alternative they mey return the account to their client who may look at alternative activity blah blah blah. I will ignore for now

So the 'threat' is that they'll return the account to Cabot if you don't pay them for this Statute Barred debt .

Incidentally is this old Capital One credit card account owned by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd or another entity within the Cabot Group?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

So the 'threat' is that they'll return the account to Cabot if you don't pay them for this Statute Barred debt .

Incidentally is this old Capital One credit card account owned by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd or another entity within the Cabot Group?

Di
                            That is correct, only 70% for a debt that is SB is not enough discount for me

Ruthbridge say the client is Cabot Financial Europe, assigned by "Europe" BUT
                            when Cabot bought the account the letter said it was purchased by Cabot Credit Management Group, small print on the "Important Information" sheet says Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd
                            Current creditor on all their letters is Cabot Financial (UK). Drydensfairfax letters say (UK)
                            Letter assigning it to the external credit agency is from Cabot Financial, Letterhead says Cabot Financial (Europe)

I think poor Cabot have got confused with their own setup

Comment

Bought across tidily and looks like it sort of makes sense. Will add to it as and when something happens.

Lloyds card £5k
                              Taken out 2002/03
                              No reply as yet, get ocasional phone calls but nothing much now

Cap 1 card £4k
                              Estimated start 2004
                              6th August reply receiced with a reconstituted agreement/copy of the Application certificate that has a bit of a credit agreement at the bottom where I signed.
                              Get maybe one call a week

Taken out Jan/Feb 2005
                              29 July reply with application form and reconstituted agreement - unsigned
                              Very quiet!!

MBNA (now sold to Experto Credite)
                              Taken out end of 2003
                              29th July reply received, reconstituted agreement with no signature.
                              occasional call but pretty quiet

Eggie (now with DLC)
                              Taken out April 2003
                              Default notice (1st Feb) and the account has been terminated (2 March)
                              Silence is golden!!

!
                              I think it is now safe to post a very happy update, of the above,

Lloyds confirmed no agreement, and it is also well and truely SB now, .

Capital 1 is well SB, there was a slight scare in 2015 when it went to DRysden Fairfax, but they got a LBA template, and went away again

Mint is well SB

Those are all with Cabot, so when I next get anything from them I will just write back and say SB go away

MBNA, I stupidly had a panic in 2012 when I could not get on here and sent a letter that was not a template. There was an outside chance that it could with some imagination have been taken as me confirming the debt, so I have been sitting on my hands and trying to keep very quiet, and hoping they forgot about it. That was in September 2012, so this is now SB and is with PRA who have been suprisingly quiet, but if they crawl out and send anything they will also be told SB go away. I wish I had realised that it was September that MBNA was certain as I would have been able to sleep without worrying about a last minuts claim form dropping through the door earlier.

Egg was sorted out in a very favourable f&f paid by a friend just before it got passed to Barclays, as that was iffy at the time with regards to the likelyhood of winning in court and the chance of winning.

I really cannot thank Niddy, enough for setting up this forum, and everyone on here for being there to help, give moral support, or try to make me laugh through this journey.
                              You are all fantastic, and a huge THANK YOU to every one of you. I will still be coming here and reading, and I hope to be seeing more people posting this sort of news as their debts cross the finishing line.
                              Last edited by Susie; 2 December 2018, 15:04.

Comment

• What a brilliant update to receive, well done. Keep all your paperwork for a while because they can ignore SB and try it on in case you are ignorant!

Please try to keep posting as you can advise or reassure others.

Comment

Working...
                                X