GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Susies UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Susies UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Susies UE Diary

Hi, just checking if everything is OK?

Best wishes
    IF
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Cap 1 credit card £4k
      Estimated start 2004
      12th July 2010
      : CCA request sent
      6th August: Received reply with a reconstituted agreement + copy of the Application certificate that has a bit of a credit agreement at the bottom where I signed.
      13th Sept: Sent viewtopic.php?p=1624#p1624
      1st October: Received letter saying they have complied with S78 by providing reconstituted terms and scanned copy of signature page of original agreement (its the application form that was signed). No further correspondance from them, agreement is enforcable and will be treated as such, pay up! Goes on to refer me to warnings issued by MOJ if I am using a claims management company ;LOL Its their final response, so I am filing it and ignoring them.
      17.10.2010 Default served under S87 of CCA 1974, payment must reach them within 28 days, if payment is made in that time no further action will be taken.
      20.10.2010 Notice of sum in arrears
      29.10.2010 Letter saying its important to act now to avoid further action
      19.11.2010 Letter saying officially in default, account terminated
      23.1.2010 letter from FTC, they have been appointed their managing agent, and payment must be sent without delay.
      1.12.2010 letter from FTC, I have chosen not to deal with this matter despite previous communication contact us now to discuss a suitable solution to this matter. Against the rules I know, but I phoned them and just said the account was in dispute with Cap 1, I would not say more or why it was in dispute so pissed the person off bigtime as I would not answer his question but the account is on hold and I have 14 days to write to them.
      31.1.2011 Letter fron Capquest saying pay up or else, will send letter re doorstep visit and await instructions as to anything further that needs sending!
      10.2.2011 Letter from Capquest saying (in a nutshell) I have no CC judgements against me at the address and they are trying to help, please contact them as they may reccomend court action.
      Not sending it to you as it seems to be a standard letter that you have seen many times before
      12.2.2011 sent the
      Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation
      14.2.2011 probably crossed in the post with my letter, I received an income and expenditure + other creditors form from Crapquest - duly filed until I have a ton of paper that can be recycled
      23.2.2011 Letter from Capquest, they were unaware of the dispute and are returning the account to Cap1 sooooo ready for round 3, who will be the (un)lucky person to have it passed to them!!
      24.2.2011 Letter from Cap1 saying debt had been returned to them and that I must keep up payments.
      13.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying they are collecting the debt - ignored
      21.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying pay upor court action will be taken.
      28.4.2011 Confirmed resident card from Fredericksons saying the account is seriously in arrears and trace enquiries showed me as living at this address!!
      29.4.2011 I sent letter to Frederickson (template for account is formally in dispute with Cap1 andhad been since xx.xx.xxxx)
      11.5.2011 Letter from Frederickson saying referred to their client and account is on hold.
      25.6.2011, Letter from Bryan Carter saying court action will be taken

27.6.2011 Sent this back: Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
      1.7.2011 Received a letter from Fredericksons saying I have not replied to BC and they are giving me a last chance to pay before they reccomend legal action. Also they are prepared to accept a f&f settlement if I phone them within 48 hours of getting the letter 48 hour countdown starts now
      15.7.2011 Sent this back:Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
      4.8.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying if I want documentation under CCA act request it directly from the client with a £1 fee

Originally posted by IF View Post
      Hi, just checking if everything is OK?

Best wishes
      IF
      thank you, I was staying quiet and not tempt fate as nothing was really happening, and trying to hide in the sand and not think about things as I have other problems at the moment
      Along with others I have had my Cap1 account sold to Cabot and have received the 2 letters in the same envelope. Both filed and ignored until something comes that actually needs a reply.

Last edited by Susie; 27 October 2015, 13:23.
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Cap 1 credit card £4k
        Estimated start 2004
        12th July 2010: CCA request sent
        6th August: Received reply with a reconstituted agreement + copy of the Application certificate that has a bit of a credit agreement at the bottom where I signed.
        13th Sept: Sent viewtopic.php?p=1624#p1624
        1st October: Received letter saying they have complied with S78 by providing reconstituted terms and scanned copy of signature page of original agreement (its the application form that was signed). No further correspondance from them, agreement is enforcable and will be treated as such, pay up! Goes on to refer me to warnings issued by MOJ if I am using a claims management company ;LOL Its their final response, so I am filing it and ignoring them.
        17.10.2010 Default served under S87 of CCA 1974, payment must reach them within 28 days, if payment is made in that time no further action will be taken.
        20.10.2010 Notice of sum in arrears
        29.10.2010 Letter saying its important to act now to avoid further action
        19.11.2010 Letter saying officially in default, account terminated
        23.1.2010 letter from FTC, they have been appointed their managing agent, and payment must be sent without delay.
        1.12.2010 letter from FTC, I have chosen not to deal with this matter despite previous communication contact us now to discuss a suitable solution to this matter. Against the rules I know, but I phoned them and just said the account was in dispute with Cap 1, I would not say more or why it was in dispute so pissed the person off bigtime as I would not answer his question but the account is on hold and I have 14 days to write to them.
        31.1.2011 Letter fron Capquest saying pay up or else, will send letter re doorstep visit and await instructions as to anything further that needs sending!
        10.2.2011 Letter from Capquest saying (in a nutshell) I have no CC judgements against me at the address and they are trying to help, please contact them as they may reccomend court action.
        Not sending it to you as it seems to be a standard letter that you have seen many times before
        12.2.2011 sent the
        Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation
        14.2.2011 probably crossed in the post with my letter, I received an income and expenditure + other creditors form from Crapquest - duly filed until I have a ton of paper that can be recycled
        23.2.2011 Letter from Capquest, they were unaware of the dispute and are returning the account to Cap1 sooooo ready for round 3, who will be the (un)lucky person to have it passed to them!!
        24.2.2011 Letter from Cap1 saying debt had been returned to them and that I must keep up payments.
        13.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying they are collecting the debt - ignored
        21.4.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying pay upor court action will be taken.
        28.4.2011 Confirmed resident card from Fredericksons saying the account is seriously in arrears and trace enquiries showed me as living at this address!!
        29.4.2011 I sent letter to Frederickson (template for account is formally in dispute with Cap1 andhad been since xx.xx.xxxx)
        11.5.2011 Letter from Frederickson saying referred to their client and account is on hold.
        25.6.2011, Letter from Bryan Carter saying court action will be taken

27.6.2011 Sent this back: Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
        1.7.2011 Received a letter from Fredericksons saying I have not replied to BC and they are giving me a last chance to pay before they reccomend legal action. Also they are prepared to accept a f&f settlement if I phone them within 48 hours of getting the letter 48 hour countdown starts now
        15.7.2011 Sent this back:Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation
        4.8.2011 Letter from Fredericksons saying if I want documentation under CCA act request it directly from the client with a £1 fee.

28.10.2015 Cap1 account sold to Cabot and have received the 2 letters in the same envelope. Both filed and ignored until something comes that actually needs a reply.
        Not sure of the dates (will edit later to add them if needed), had 2 generic letters from Cabott saying please pay
        Beginning November, Replied saying in dispute, please send CCA

Letter from their solicitor saying 14 days to contact them before court action is being taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
          Letter from their solicitor saying 14 days to contact them before court action is being taken.
          Who are the solicitors and what is the date on which seems to be a Letter Before Action and what is the deadline to respond to it?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            Who are the solicitors and what is the date on which seems to be a Letter Before Action and what is the deadline to respond to it?

Plan B x
            Sorry, I thought you could see the original (pre edit) version. Solicitors are Drydensfairfax, I have seen them off on another account previously so will try thr same thing which was suggested in the Cabot thread. I will take out the solicitors name when you have seen it as there do not seem to be many letters coming from them so do not want to be identified =from the dates if you follow my logic. Deadline to reply is next Thursday.

Comment

Sorry, I thought you could see the original (pre edit) version. Solicitors are Drydensfairfax, I have seen them off on another account previously so will try thr same thing which was suggested in the Cabot thread. I will take out the solicitors name when you have seen it as there do not seem to be many letters coming from them so do not want to be identified =from the dates if you follow my logic. Deadline to reply is next Thursday.
              Have you sent Niddy the documents which you received in response to your original s.78 CCA request ?

If not then do that asap.

Please clarify if your CCA request was sent to the original creditor (Capital One) or to the debt purchaser (Cabot).

Our response suggesting what to do next will depend on your answers.

In my personal experience Drydensfairfax don't cross-reference previous correspondence on previous accounts. You may have seen them off once before but that doesn't guarantee you'll see them off again on a different debt which they have been instructed to collect on behalf of a different creditor/client.

Plan B x

Comment

Have you sent Niddy the documents which you received in response to your original s.78 CCA request ?

If not then do that asap.

Please clarify if your CCA request was sent to the original creditor (Capital One) or to the debt purchaser (Cabot).

Our response suggesting what to do next will depend on your answers.

In my personal experience Drydensfairfax don't cross-reference previous correspondence on previous accounts. You may have seen them off once before but that doesn't guarantee you'll see them off again on a different debt which they have been instructed to collect on behalf of a different creditor/client.

Plan B x
                Yes a CCA request was sent to Cap1, the received paperwork was sent to Niddy. Niddy said UE

Sorry, I was not suggesting DF would look back at previous contact, it was me who was going to look back and see if it was along the same lines as had been suggedted on the Cabot thread

Comment

a CCA request was sent to Cap1, the received paperwork was sent to Niddy. Niddy said UE
                  That makes sense.

If your original CCA request to Capital One was deemed UE then don't send a new CCA request.

However you may still need to reply to the LBA which DrydensFairfax have sent you so you must tell us the deadline for doing that so we can tell you what to say to them.

Plan B x

Comment

Oops sorry, I thought I had put it above! Its next Thursday

Comment

Send back the new LBA response as detailed on the Cabot thread here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541854

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Send back the new LBA response as detailed on the Cabot thread here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541854
                        Sorted Susie

Plan B x

Comment

Sorted Susie

Plan B x
                          Sorry - as you weren't online I just replied the same as you would
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Thank you, will get it off tothem tomorrow

and thanks to Plan B for the help as well

Comment

Lloyds card over £5k
                              Taken out 2002/03
                              12th July 2010: CCA request sent

8th Sept: Received a letter from collections, I need to give the matter the most urgent attention negative on credit rating possibility of legal action blah blah - filed with the others
                              10th Sept: Sent as per Niddy, this little beauty viewtopic.php?p=2316#p2316
                              30th Sept: YAY, letter received saying they are defaulting me ;-y apparantly they "may" take further action ;LOL
                              18.10.2010 CCA 1974 requires them to send notice because I have missed payments. Please contact them.
                              29.11.2020 Credit card in arrears and they cannoy authorise any transactions until its up to date - enclosed a direct debit form!!
                              2.12.1010 MHA collections letter, they are instructed by Lloyds TSB to recover arrears, if I do not immediately forward payment SCM solicitors may (word may noted!) commence legal proceedings against me.
                              28.12.2010 Letter sent as per Niddy instructions
                              9.1.2010 MHA letter received saying that as I am in financial difficulties they are offering a reduced monthly payment, seems christmas has made them all turn friendly and happy so thet are sending me lovely offers, really sweet of them but I feel it would not be fair to accept

24.1.2011 Letter received from Lloyds - they are looking into my complaint but it could take 28 days to respond! Filed as I have no problem waiting a bit longer
                              3.3.2011 Wescot letter received - sending template for no CCA received please go away as am going to the post office soon and it will save a trip again later. Hoping its the right thing to do.
                              14.4.2012 Letter received from Credit Security, payment to be made in 7 days to this office.
                              17.4.2012 Replied with No CCA received template.
                              21.4.2012 Letter from Credit Security they DEMAND that I pay IMMEDIATELY - I assumed this had crossed in the post so ignored.
                              7.9.2012 Letter now received from Drydenfairfax: They have been instructed by their clients to obtain immediate repayment of this or to take the appropriate recovery action. If payment is not received by Sunday they have the authority to commence legal proceedings. If the action becomes necessary there will be costs etc.
                              please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter pay or contact urgently.

Am going to get the No CCA received sent out yet again to these, possibly also the threat of legal action?

28.9.2012 So, 2 since the last posting on this, first was from Drydens saying pretty much the same thing but from the date I would think the letters crossed in the post so will ignore this one
                              Second arrived today from Lloyds, terms of the card have changed and they will offset any monies in other accounts against this or any monies being refunded to me Luckily this will not affect me so I can file it and ignore

27.2.2013 Letter today admitting that they have no CCA due to the age of the account and the fact that they are only required to keep documents for 6 years. as they have evidence from statements as to how this debt occured they want my I&E and my proposals as to how I am going to repay it.

22.3.2013 Today a letter from Moorcrap wanting this account paid, now considering the contents of the letter of 27th let me see........

23.8.13 Home Collection Services, I could be free of debt today if I pay this - Ignored

12.2.14 random Lloyds allocation of payments letter

18.7.2014 Letter from Lloyds, debt has been assigned to Cabot along with a letter from Marlin on behalf of Cabot Financial (UK)

8.8.14 Marlin pay up letter

24.8.15 Marlin reminder to pay up letter

10.9.14 Marlin threat to send to solicitor - no CCA received or available sent

15.9.14 Marlin requested a copy - good luck with that!!!!

26.2.15 Marlin have changed their name letter

24.5.2016 Letter from Cabot saying pay up, its very close to SB now so I need to hold them off for a few more months. Do I send a copy of the letter from Lloyds on 27.2.2013 and a polite "go away" note with it now, or wait for their next letter?
                              Edited to add things that to the history that I had not updated - bad me
                              Last edited by Susie; 25 May 2016, 13:35.

Comment

• Re: Susies diary

Mint card 2k Account closed after interest rate rise.
                                Taken out Jan/Feb 2005
                                CCA request sent 12th July 2010
                                29 July reply with signed application form and reconstituted agreement - unsigned

22.10.10 Notice of default sum
                                18.11.2010 Thanks for letter of 11 November concerning banks alleged breach of CCA, they have supplied a copy of credit agreement, original and current terms and statement showing outstanding balance therefore they have met their obligationsunder s78(1) blah blah blah
                                23.11.2010 Default notice Please read immediately. If I do not pay arrears account will be recorded as a default this will remain on my file for 6 years....
                                24.11.2010 Notice being sent as required by CCA 1974 as I am behind with my payments
                                24.11.2010 Account termination letter, my account will be reported to CRA's as a default if payment proposals have not been made within 28 days.

24.11.2010 Default sum notice - duly filed
                                Snip to take out DCA's who have gone away
                                17.11.2011 New DCA Wescot, sent bugger off letter

6.1.2012 received letter saying they intend to visit me as I have not been in contact, doorstep visit letter sent back to them.

22.2.2011 Had a reply from Wescot for Mint, account is on hold while they investigate yada yada yada. Taken them a while to write back but I will await their next missive when the investigation is complete, since I have no record of what I sent due to my laptop deciding to die and not having a hardcopy (lesson learnt) it will be interesting to get the reply

3.3.2012 Thick or what! received letter saying as I have not been in contact they will visit me unless I telephone them and agree a suitable method of repayment of on the telephone number above. Doorstep letter being sent again

30.3.2012 received letter from Wescott enclosing application form, copies of t&c and a statement so I assume I must have sent them the application form received letter. As I now have my agreement (well agreement and application both begin with a!!! ) they now require payment. Am ignoring and will see what arrives next.

8.6.2012 Seems to have been passed on as I have received a letter from Regal credit saying as they have not heard from me (they have not written so how the hell am I supposed to know they want me to contact them! ) they were going to get an agent to call, so doorstep letter being sent yet again Think this account has had more doorstep letters sent than all the others put together.

24.2.2012 Scotcall letter wanting my doorstep, bugger off its mine in reply
                                25.5.2016. Like others on here this has now been sold to Cabot. Letters from RBS and Cabot saying its been sold, and from Cabot saying they can help - pay up all in the same envelope.
                                Last edited by Susie; 25 May 2016, 13:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X