GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Roger UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Re: Roger UE Diary

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    Personally, I think I would await their next letter, as presumably your 'intention' is not to pay.

Later a SWID letter could be the next option (I assume you were in dispute correspondence with BC). It seems to me that the relevant (and only) Agreement would be the one with Egg. With the passage of time that may not be available, but I think I would delay a CCA request for the time being.

Others may have different ideas.
    Thank you!
    Thats my thinking putting time before requesting CCA. My credit was good so the only reason for BC closing the Egg Account would be that the Egg Agreement was suspect!!!
    Will wait for their next move!
    Last edited by Roger; 10 March 2017, 22:21.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

Personally, I think I would await their next letter, as presumably your 'intention' is not to pay.

Later a SWID letter could be the next option (I assume you were in dispute correspondence with BC). It seems to me that the relevant (and only) Agreement would be the one with Egg. With the passage of time that may not be available, but I think I would delay a CCA request for the time being.

Others may have different ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Egg(formaly) Barclaycard
    Type of account : Credit Card
    Date commenced : Nov 2007
    Approx balance : £3,200
    Date last paid : March 2013
    Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was on an arrangement
    Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) : Default
    Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): Barclaycard
    Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and changed Account No.
    I have a printed copy of the Egg Agreement which I had kept! Curiously the Egg signature dated day before Customer signature date
    I used templates available elsewhere on the Internet with Barclaycard
    I have never asked for nor received a s.78 from Barclaycard!
    Their letter dated Nov 2011
    "We want to make sure you have all the important details and dates you need to know as we finish moving your account to Barclaycard. As previously notified you we're unable to issue you a new Barclaycard due to the condition of either your existing Barclaycard or migrating Egg account. "
    DEC 2011 Statement "Your account is closed"
    "Please note your account is now closed. You'll continue to receive statements until the balance and any interest is fully paid. As your account is now closed, if anyone requests payement from your account, it may be automatically returned to that company."

Two Default Notices issued by MERCERS and No NOA
    Barclaycard last letter was August 2014.
    "We've identified that we have been reporting inaccurate information about your account to Credit Referemce Agencies. We apologise for this error and we're now correcting it.."
    OCT 16 ASSET LINK "We are writing to confirm that Barclaycard has assigned your account to Asset Link ..it is important you contact Link to discuss your intentions regarding this account"
    MAR 17 LINK "We have not written to you for some time as we have had to validate your address. We would like you to contact us..to confirm your intentions regarding...your account"
    Have not yet asked for S.78 CCA . My thinking is to wait for Link to start getting stroppy, before doing this.

Barclaycard moved account from Egg Nov 2011 and immediately CLOSED the A/c without any Notice nor reason).
    The A/c No was changed to a BC No and neither terms not a Credit Card was ever sent.

However a SWID might be more useful for starters! Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    This is where I'm different as I liked to send a letter such as SWID pretty much on first contact from a dca then I ignored further letters unless they were really threatening court action etc. IMO if you later sent a SWID they could come back with "so why didn't you tell us that at the start?"
    Pixie makes a very valid point - I guess you have to do what feels right depending on the letters they send.....

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    This is where I'm different as I liked to send a letter such as SWID pretty much on first contact from a dca then I ignored further letters unless they were really threatening court action etc. IMO if you later sent a SWID they could come back with "so why didn't you tell us that at the start?"
    My Debts start from 2012 (5 years ago) Some of these are still with OC's who have used quite a few DCA's BUT not yet sold the Debt.
    I can see that before coming to AAD I had frankly sent out to many letters. I was helping DCA's and OC's to correct their errors!

I also made the mistake of doing a Credit Check which seem to wake Rip Van Winkle(s) up because the letters started up again!

So in my own Case they will be aware of existing Dispute's. I suppose its because each Case is different.

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

Originally posted by Spud View Post
    Sounds good to me

Just a thought, If and when these DCA's write, don't automatically send off the Missing PT's letter straight away - post up here first

There have been many times where I have waited for the 3rd or 4th letter ( or sometimes 15th letter depending on the content !!!!!!) before sending a reply.....but then that may only be the no knowledge of this debt etc

Basically what I am saying is, SB is a time game by any means available........You could write 2-3 letters before even getting to the missing PT's letter. As long as they see you are engaging they will just keep writing back hoping that you will eventually pay. You need to pay close attention to the content of the letter and if they are starting to ramp things up a notch then send what is necessary. The thing is by taking this approach you could be another 12 months along by the time they get the missing PT's letter and that is 12 months closer to SB.
    I
    Sounds like very good advice.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

Sounds good to me

Just a thought, If and when these DCA's write, don't automatically send off the Missing PT's letter straight away - post up here first

There have been many times where I have waited for the 3rd or 4th letter ( or sometimes 15th letter depending on the content !!!!!!) before sending a reply.....but then that may only be the no knowledge of this debt etc

Basically what I am saying is, SB is a time game by any means available........You could write 2-3 letters before even getting to the missing PT's letter. As long as they see you are engaging they will just keep writing back hoping that you will eventually pay. You need to pay close attention to the content of the letter and if they are starting to ramp things up a notch then send what is necessary. The thing is by taking this approach you could be another 12 months along by the time they get the missing PT's letter and that is 12 months closer to SB.

I

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

[ 6th January 2017, 16:31
    Intelligent Finance (Halifax)

Originally Posted by Spud
    You will get a load of these from Robbo Way - Its what they do - Spam you into submission
    Unless they contain any direct threats of further action you can simply date the envelope and file away

Link (Egg/Barclaycard)

Originally Posted by nanna58
    Seems like a good plan, all they want is for you to get in touch so yep I would wait for the strops ,x

AMEXCO:

OCT 16 NCO "..with regret..we write to give notice that the ..account is to be closed.. referred back to our client.."
    I haven't yet sent the PT's template Yet!!
    Should I send this now to NCO or wait and see what comes next?

Originally Posted by Still Waving
    Waste of time if they are saying they have referred the account back. Suggest you wait to see who contacts you next.

Originally Posted by nightwatch
    agree with SW, wait and see what comes next

NOV 16 FIRSTSOURCE "..AMEXCO instructed us to collect .. balance owed...."
    Early days will file and see what comes next before sending missing PT's template.

FEB 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Settlement Offer-Instalment Option .. by MARCH 17.. " Approx 60% discount
    Will file and see what comes next before sending missing PT's template.
    Amexco - FirstSource

Had various phone calls / a couple letter / emails from the above Accounts no threats I have recorded these and filed them away.]
    Monthly update
    Nothing more to add at this time.
    Last edited by Roger; 6 March 2017, 12:18.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinarut
    replied

Originally Posted by Roger
    OCT 16 NCO "..with regret..we write to give notice that the ..account is to be closed.. referred back to our client.."

Waste of time if they are saying they have referred the account back. Suggest you wait to see who contacts you next.

Early days will file and see what comes next before sending missing PT's template.

FEB 17 FIRSTSOURCE "Settlement Offer-Instalment Option .. by MARCH 17.. " Approx 60% discount

60% looks like they are hoping for a bite. ha ha just as well you have already eaten. let them stew

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

[ 6th January 2017, 16:31

Originally Posted by Spud
    You will get a load of these from Robbo Way - Its what they do - Spam you into submission
    Unless they contain any direct threats of further action you can simply date the envelope and file away

Link (Egg/Barclaycard)

Originally Posted by nanna58
    Seems like a good plan, all they want is for you to get in touch so yep I would wait for the strops ,x

Amexco - FirstSource

Had various phone calls / a couple letter / emails from the above Accounts no threats I have recorded these and filed them away.]

Nothing more to add at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

Originally posted by Spud View Post

Link (Egg/Barclaycard)
    Originally posted by nanna58 View Post

Amexco - FirstSource

Had various phone calls / a couple letter / emails from the above Accounts no threats I have recorded these and filed them away.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Just by way of sharing experiences.

My creditors were quiet until this year!
    I had never bothered with CRA's until November 2015 when I applied for a Experian Credit Report!

That poked the hornets nest!!
    Never a good idea to poke the hornet's nest!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X