GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Digby's ue Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digby's ue Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Digby's ue Diary

Originally posted by Digby View Post
    Barclaycard

Type of account - Credit card
    Date commenced – Pre-2007

Approx balance – 8000

Date last paid – 20.07.2015
    Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Barclaycard but have now stopped
    Status
    – 14.09.2014 Default Notice

Account owner – PRA Group
    History –Barclaycard

13.03.2015 Letter received ‘Formal Demand for Payment’, ignored

04.09.2015 Letter received from Barclaycard advising account has been closed and transferred to PRA Group and that I should make payments to them. Enclosed in the same envelope is a letter from PRA Group advising that the ‘benefits, rights, title and interest in the debt are assigned to us’ and saying that they’ll be in touch. Ignored.

14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stating that a ‘reduced settlement figure’ may be available, ‘...if contact is not made by 04/11/2015 this opportunity may end.’

06.11.2015 CCA request sent

13.11.2015 Letters from PRA saying action on hold as they have requested the required info from their client. Enclosed a standard printed form saying what they can and can't do if they are unable to come up with cca, also returned £1 postal order.

30.11.2015 Letter from PRA saying documentation enclosed and awaiting more.

02.12.2015 Letter from PRA saying documents enclosed as requested.

Have uploaded 'CCA' for Niddy to view please.

Would I be right in thinking you may have received a LBA from PRA for this debt

If so, can you update your thread so we can see the full history (anything since 2nd December 2015?).

Plan B x

Comment

Barclaycard

Approx balance – 8000

Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Barclaycard but have now stopped
      Status

History –Barclaycard

04.09.2015 Letter received from Barclaycard advising account has been closed and transferred to PRA Group and that I should make payments to them. Enclosed in the same envelope is a letter from PRA Group advising that the ‘benefits, rights, title and interest in the debt are assigned to us’ and saying that they’ll be in touch. Ignored.

14.10.2015 Letter from PRA stating that a ‘reduced settlement figure’ may be available, ‘...if contact is not made by 04/11/2015 this opportunity may end.’

13.11.2015 Letters from PRA saying action on hold as they have requested the required info from their client. Enclosed a standard printed form saying what they can and can't do if they are unable to come up with cca, also returned £1 postal order.

07.12.2015 Letter from PRA enclosing more 'copy documents', inviting me to discuss and come to a mutually acceptable agreement.

Letter from PRA saying they've purchased balance from Barclays and I must get in touch within 14 days to avoid moving to the next stage.

13.03.2016 Letter from PRA - described by themselves as a 'letter before claim' - saying account has been moved to 'Investigations and Litigation Department' and I must acknowledge and answer letter before 29.03.2016 or court proceedings will be issued against me.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        I have to eat my words now that I've seen that letter.

It is indeed a LBA from PRA and not from one of their chosen solicitors.

Maybe this explains why it says you opened an account with Barclays, defaulted on it, and had it assigned to PRA all on the same day last month Perhaps that was three separate typos but it's a LBA so it shouldn't be sloppy.

There's time to assess what you should or shouldn't reply with.

Can you email the CCA response you got from PRA and their covering letter which came with it. It's been deemed UE (highly likely with an old Barclaycard) but it would be good to see whether there is any potential for them to remedy that if they were to be determined since this would be a Fast Track claim if it went ahead.

If you have any DN or NOA from Barclaycard email that too.

Plan B x
        Thank you Plan B, I'll email everything today.

Comment

Barclaycard

Approx balance – 8000

Status

History –Barclaycard

07.12.2015 Letter from PRA enclosing more 'copy documents', inviting me to discuss and come to a mutually acceptable agreement.

Letter from PRA saying they've purchased balance from Barclays and I must get in touch within 14 days to avoid moving to the next stage.

13.03.2016 Letter from PRA - described by themselves as a 'letter before claim' - saying account has been moved to 'Investigations and Litigation Department' and I must acknowledge and answer letter before 29.03.2016 or court proceedings will be issued against me.

30.03.2016 Letter from PRA saying last letter had typographical errors but they do not detract from the substance of the letter.

Have emailed copies to Plan B for advice.

Comment

Egg (Barclaycard)

Date commenced – Pre-2007 I think, no paper statements so difficult to check
            Approx balance – 12,200
            Status
            – 12.09.2014 Default Notice

History – Egg, Barclaycard

17 03 2016 Letter from PRA giving notice of PRA’s intention to issue court proceedings
            30.03.2016 Letter from PRA saying LBA had typographical errors but they do not detract from the substance of the letter.

Have emailed copy to Plan B for advice.

Comment

Barclaycard

Approx balance – 8000

Status

History –Barclaycard

30.03.2016 Letter from PRA saying last letter had typographical errors but they do not detract from the substance of the letter.

Claim received

Plan B is advising via email

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
                Barclaycard

Approx balance – 8000
                Status

25.04.2016 Claim received

Plan B is advising via email
                This wasn't a surprise so you've already got all the paperwork together.

Start a new thread in the legal section and we'll get cracking > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post461134

Plan B x

Comment

Tesco

Type of account -
                  Credit card
                  Approx balance – 5000
                  Date last paid – April 2016
                  Are you on arrangement or not paying – Was making reduced payment to Tesco but have now stopped
                  Status – Don't appear to have have had a default notice, despite letters from them stating they've sent one.
                  Account owner – Tesco Bank
                  History –Tesco Bank

15.05.2016 Sent s.78 request

26.05.2016 Letter from Tesco Bank saying they can't send the CCA because my signature doesn't match their records

Any advice regarding my next step would be much appreciated

Comment

How did you sign the letter Digby? If you signed it digitally there's a template in reply in Section 3 of the UE templates in AAD+.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I had the same reply from Tesco. It's pretty much how they deal with all requests. I haven't heard from them since.

Comment

tesco wouldn't send me a copy of my cca as they said I hadn't given a true siggy, then went and sent me a copy but under the DPA,
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I didn't get anything from Tescos until it was farmed out to Westcott. It was deemed UE

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            How did you sign the letter Digby? If you signed it digitally there's a template in reply in Section 3 of the UE templates in AAD+.
                            If it were me, I would be sending the letter Pixie recommended ( Presuming you signed it digitally of course)

As others have said, Tesco do seem fond of the "Signature doesn't match" letter as a first reply

Comment

Hi All, I never did get around to sending the recommended letter, and I've since had several letters from Tesco repeating that they won't issue me with a s78 as "the signature provided does not match our records" (I signed digitally). I've also had a letter from Wescot saying that my account's on hold until 6th January. I've trawled through the templates in AAD+ but I'm sorry, I just can't find it, can anyone advise please?

Comment

Not sure if this link will work

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...0Signature.doc

Comment

Working...
                                X