GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ashling's unenforceability diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ashling's unenforceability diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ashling's unenforceability diary

You pay for a mail divert for 6 months or a year. Depends when you move really but i'd not write and tell them as you need to sign to authorise the change which is acknowledging the debt and this a new cause of action thereby resetting the SB clock.

You've only got to last till February - 9 months.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok Thanks Niddy so I will ignore for now then and let you know what else they may send. I don't want to reset the clock so will do the mail divert.

Comment

Originally posted by ashling View Post
        Ok Thanks Niddy so I will ignore for now then and let you know what else they may send. I don't want to reset the clock so will do the mail divert.
        ok - it's a worthy £100 spent to stop a sneaky claim so close to SB.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Ashling

Any further contact? 8 months down and counting..........

Best
          SnV
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,

Hi saltnvinegar sorry for not updating. Only contact from Lowell has been I think two statements. I have just ignored them for now. It should be dropping off my credit file soon as default date was June 2009. How long does it normally take for it to drop off? It seems like they have given up on me for now.

Comment

Only contact from Lowell has been I think two statements. I have just ignored them for now. It should be dropping off my credit file soon as default date was June 2009. How long does it normally take for it to drop off? It seems like they have given up on me for now.
              The default should drop off your credit file six years after the date it went on. In your case that may be any day now.

This won't mean that the debt is statute barred though. When did you last pay anything towards this account?

I'm glad to hear that Lowells have done nothing except send you annual statements.

Let us know if that situation changes. Post up if you get any letters from them however harmless they may seem to you.

If they're sending you annual statements the debt is still 'live' and has not been written off. Hopefully it will become SB soon.

Plan B x

Comment

Good luck Ash x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for support everyone. I will certainly post if they send me anything else. Will have to dig out paperwork again to check last payment date it might have been about 6 months after the default. Realise I still have a while to go before SB date. I am glad it is not still with Bryan Carter anyway. The other HBOS debt is with First Credit and they just keep sending me letters for me to pay a percentage of the debt think last one was 5% of the debt. Think this other one is definitely statute barred now should I just keep ignoring them? Let me know if I should find the last date of payment for the Lowell one please Plan B.

Comment

Hi, I would try to find the date of the last payments for your records and to help in any battles. Just before the debt becomes SB there is often a flurry of activity, so please keep posting!

Comment

• Re: ashling's unenforceability diary

The other HBOS debt is with First Credit and they just keep sending me letters for me to pay a percentage of the debt think last one was 5% of the debt. Think this other one is definitely statute barred now should I just keep ignoring them? Let me know if I should find the last date of payment for the Lowell one please Plan B.
                      From what you say you have only two (?) current albeit sleepy debts chasing you.

One is with 1st Credit (HBOS) and the other is with Lowells.

You need to post up anything and everything you hear from either of these creditors. You need to treat each one of them separately. Don't assume ignoring them is the way forward.

If you believe one of these debts is statute barred then please give us the details so we can confirm or deny that for you.

Plan B x

Comment

Ok thanks plan b and cymruambyth. I will dig out paperwork later this evening and post. I also have capquest chasing some kind of sky tv debt I didn't even know I had but it is only for just over £100 so I wasn't worried about that one. I do have a problem with student loans though as they have my mothers phone number and she is ill. Is there any way I can get them to remove it from their files?

Comment

It may be worth writing to Student Loans explaining the situation with your mother, asking them to remove her number and saying that you want all communication to be in writing.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've looked through your diary and post #101 is the first mention of a Student Loan. Could you give us some background detail please? I'm assuming it's an old-style student loan as newer ones are only repaid when you earn a certain amount.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I've looked through your diary and post #101 is the first mention of a Student Loan. Could you give us some background detail please? I'm assuming it's an old-style student loan as newer ones are only repaid when you earn a certain amount.
                              Hi Pixie,

Yes the student loan is the old style one. Taken out in 2009. There was an overpayment I think in 2010 which they require me to pay even though I am not working. I have found them the most aggressive creditor to deal with as they phoned my mother who does not live in the UK to harass her. I'm not sure what she told them I was trying to avoid paying it as didn't think I should have to because of not working but because I didn't want them to phone her again I agreed to pay £1 a month to get them off my back. I am still paying this by SO just so they don't phone her. I sent them a letter from here the telephone harassment one but they did not reply. I just don't like the fact that they have her number and if I ignore them they phone her so just wondering if there is anything further I can do?

Comment

Hi

Had a look last night and unfortunately I had been trying to pay the HBOS credit card that is with Lowell so last payment was January 2010 so still have a while to go before SB It should be gone from my credit file soon though. Lowells had sent a statement in April. Also had a letter in March offering to close the account for a discount of 30%.

The other much smaller amount is an old current account and I think this is SB as last payment was Feb 2009. They are offering me silly amounts to pay it off I think last letter was about £10 they wanted! So just wondering do I continue to ignore or send them the SB letter?

And any advice on the student loans problem would be appreciated. Hope everyone enjoying the heat wave!

Comment

Working...
                                X