GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ashling's unenforceability diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ashling's unenforceability diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ashling's unenforceability diary

BTW HBOS already told me by letter that they could not possibly keep an agreement for a current account opened in 1993 (the first credit one)!!

Comment

Originally posted by ashling View Post
      The other much smaller amount is an old current account and I think this is SB as last payment was Feb 2009. They are offering me silly amounts to pay it off I think last letter was about £10 they wanted! So just wondering do I continue to ignore or send them the SB letter?
      We need to be sure it's SB before suggesting what to do. It sounds as if it is if last payment was Feb 2009 (how do you know that?). If Lowells are offering to settle this for as little as £10 they may be trying to trick you into making a payment to prevent SB.

If it is definitely SB then ignoring should be safe unless or until you get a LBA or a letter from a solicitor.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by ashling View Post
        Hi Pixie,

Yes the student loan is the old style one. Taken out in 2009. There was an overpayment I think in 2010 which they require me to pay even though I am not working. I have found them the most aggressive creditor to deal with as they phoned my mother who does not live in the UK to harass her. I'm not sure what she told them I was trying to avoid paying it as didn't think I should have to because of not working but because I didn't want them to phone her again I agreed to pay £1 a month to get them off my back. I am still paying this by SO just so they don't phone her. I sent them a letter from here the telephone harassment one but they did not reply. I just don't like the fact that they have her number and if I ignore them they phone her so just wondering if there is anything further I can do?
        Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I had minor surgery yesterday.

The older style student loans that I was thinking of were those taken out between 1990 and 1998. If you took the loan out in 2009 it would be an Income Contingent Student Loan and you would only make repayments once you're earning £17,335 which wouldn't apply to you as you're not working. I'm assuming then that you're being chased for the overpayment. How did this overpayment come about? Did you get the Student loan payment and then not complete the course?

There is a follow up telephone harassment letter but you'd need to pay £10 to join AAD+ to access it and I appreciate that £10 can be a lot of money when you're not working. I would write to them to tell them that you want all communication to be in writing and on no account should they phone your mother on XXXXXXXX (her phone number) as she is ill. You could, if you wanted to, give them one of the phone numbers from [http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Phone-Number] here [/url].
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X