GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ashling's unenforceability diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ashling's unenforceability diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ashling's unenforceability diary

Hello everyone. Yes I am a bit worried that Bryan Carter are dealing with this now as I have seen they do follow up with court action. Unfortunately I did make that payment in June 2009 so another year before SB. I sent the paperwork I got from the Halifax over to you Niddy which was a signed application form which you said looked enforceable. This version that Bryan Carter have sent me is different only has my name typed in under parties to the agreement has no signature in the space for one and is actually from 2008 which is about 5 years after my account was opened. This is ongoing since May when they did sent what looked more like a letter before action which mentioned a date that they would send court papers if I did not reply. That is when I sent the CCA request which they have just replied to now.

Comment

And no I have not sent this new version to Niddy should I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by ashling View Post
        And no I have not sent this new version to Niddy should I do that?
        I would - so that he has the full picture.

Comment

Actually looking through all the paperwork again I can see that these terms and conditions are the same as the second set that the Halifax sent me so I think they usually send the ones that would have been in force at account opening time and then a set of current terms. Bryan Carter have sent me the second set that were in force in 2008 not the ones that would have been there in 2003. Let me know Niddy if you would need these ones please as there are a lot of pages. Thanks

Comment

I sent the paperwork I got from the Halifax over to you Niddy which was a signed application form which you said looked enforceable. This version that Bryan Carter have sent me is different only has my name typed in under parties to the agreement has no signature in the space for one and is actually from 2008 which is about 5 years after my account was opened.
            If the Ts & Cs Bryan Carter sent you are Ts & Cs which were issued five years after the account was opened then they're not a recon, they're a con. Having said that they may be able to get hold of the right ones (from 2003) so don't get too complacent.

Did the Halifax send you the signed application form which Niddy said was enforceable before the account was sold to Lowells? If not Lowells (and therefore BC) may not be aware it even exists at this stage.

Send everything again to Niddy making it clear who sent you which documents and when.

Comment

ok plan b i will send everything again later today or tomorrow. Halifax just sent the stuff in June so after Lowells had the account. will wait to hear what Niddy advises then.

Comment

Ok I have now re-set the e-mail i sent in June to Niddy with what Halifax sent me in the Sar and what Bryan Carter have sent is the second set of terms and conditions from page 11 onwards. I have sent to the webmaster@allaboutdebt e-mail address please let me know if this address is incorrect and I will re-send. I will await Niddy's reply about what to do next. Thanks everyone.

Comment

I have now re-set the e-mail i sent in June to Niddy with what Halifax sent me in the Sar and what Bryan Carter have sent is the second set of terms and conditions from page 11 onwards. I have sent to the webmaster@allaboutdebt e-mail address please let me know if this address is incorrect and I will re-send.
                  Did you put the hyphens between each word so it reads webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes I did Plan B thanks just did not type it out properly before

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      If the Ts & Cs Bryan Carter sent you are Ts & Cs which were issued five years after the account was opened then they're not a recon, they're a con.
                      Which is my main objection to Waksman's judgement - he created a Cheats' Charter!

Having said that they may be able to get hold of the right ones (from 2003) so don't get too complacent.
                      Would one expect that of a bunch of bullies like those at Bwyan Carter?

I believe that Bwyan Carter should be cauterised in public, preferably by means of a red hot poker.

Make up your own mind as to where it should be inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Which is my main objection to Waksman's judgement - he created a Cheats' Charter!

Would one expect that of a bunch of bullies like those at Bwyan Carter?

I believe that Bwyan Carter should be cauterised in public, preferably by means of a red hot poker.

Make up your own mind as to where it should be inserted.

Ah!! Sooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said the Japanese gentleman!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All,

Is advice to wait for a reply from Niddy as per the e-mail I sent him? or should I just send the letter that Deepie suggested? Would need to send something by Friday to make sure it gets there for the 20th. Advice please.

Comment

Sorry I'll check later. Been a bit busy lately. Hold fire for now.
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok thanks Niddy will wait to hear from you. I sent the e-mail yesterday with my username in the title

Comment

Hiya

Sadly it looks enforce able to me, everything tallies with the agreement and thus you'll have to either blag this or consider settling it but if they get heavy don't continue as it looks enforceable to me sadly....

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X