GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ashling's unenforceability diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ashling's unenforceability diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ashling's unenforceability diary

I already have had my SAR back from the Halifax as I have 2 accounts with them and wanted to be sure on SB dates so I could try and hold ppl off until the 6 years are up. That is where I got the paperwork that I e-mailed to you.

Should I now send a S78 request to ist credit. Is there one for an overdraft? Many thanks.

Comment

Just to be sure I have not contacted 1st credit since 2011 since they took this over. Should I now send the bank account version of a CCA request?

Comment

HBOS CREDIT CARD

Type of account (credit card)

Date commenced (May 2003)

Approx balance �728

Date last paid (2/3 months before June 2009)

Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying

Status (default)

Account owner (Lowells and now with Bryan Carter)

Just to update since all the stress in June Bryan Carter and Lowells have now gone completely quiet but no letters at all. No sign of any credit agreement either. So long may it continue.

I have decided to ignore the rather generic letters from Ist Credit if they send anything worrying I will post again. Hope everyone else ok. Thanks for easing the stress in the past.
        Last edited by ashling; 28 August 2014, 21:28. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by ashling View Post
          I already have had my SAR back from the Halifax as I have 2 accounts with them and wanted to be sure on SB dates so I could try and hold ppl off until the 6 years are up. That is where I got the paperwork that I e-mailed to you.

Should I now send a S78 request to ist credit. Is there one for an overdraft? Many thanks.
          Sorry for the delay - I have just seen this, yes send back the CCA O/D version in post 1 here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just to be sure I have not contacted 1st credit since 2011 since they took this over. Should I now send the bank account version of a CCA request?
            Yes --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...CA-Information

BUT only if you've been getting hassled by 1st Credit. If not then stay silent for now but keep an eye on them as they may issue a claim. If so then contact me immediately so I can get it stopped for you.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Need some help again please. Bryan Carter have written to me received the letter today they have enclosed a credit card agreement from HBOS but it is unsigned! so is not the same as the one I received in my SAR from Halifax. They have also enclosed some statements showing the finishing balance. Please advise on what letter to send them next pretty please!

Comment

Hi,

Need some help again please. Bryan Carter have written to me received the letter today they have enclosed a credit card agreement from HBOS but it is unsigned! so is not the same as the one I received in my SAR from Halifax. They have also enclosed some statements showing the finishing balance. Please advise on what letter to send them next pretty please!
                If it were me I'd send ------> Missing Prescribed Terms
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks very much Deepie will get that posted off Monday.

Comment

HBOS CREDIT CARD

Type of account (credit card)

Date commenced (May 2003)

Approx balance £728

Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying

Status (default)

Hi again. Hope everyone is well. I sent off the letter as per Deepie's instructions. Thanks for that. I have had a reply from Bryan Carter a few days ago. They are giving me until 20 Oct to reply. They have said I should be aware a true copy will contain all the material provisions that would have been in the original. They say it is not necessary to provide me with a signed copy for this purpose. They think they have therefore complied with their obligations under the Consumer Credit Act.

So what do I do now please??

Comment

Anyone have any advise on what to send Bryan Carter next please as per previous post?

Comment

Anyone have any advise on what to send Bryan Carter next please as per previous post?

​wait till back end of next week
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,

I would think possibly http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...e-cca-received
                          but wait for someone more experienced to confirm this.

It's very pertinent that they have sent you a different version to the one you received under SAR, even thought that was just a few months ago. Was it that version that Niddy thought looked enforceable?

EDIT: I see that Deepie has already replied with a suggestion.
                          Last edited by Still Waving; 12 October 2014, 19:49.

Comment

Have you ever sent me the agreement they sent you? If so what did I say about it? Sorry not got time to read thread again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

​wait till back end of next week
                              Hold fire. It's with BC so we gotta be careful here.

If you (the OP) can answer my last post we'll go from there.

Comment

. . . . I have had a reply from Bryan Carter a few days ago. They are
                                giving me until 20 Oct to reply. They have said I should be aware a true copy will contain all the material provisions that would have been in the original. They say it is not necessary to provide me with a signed copy for this purpose. They think they have therefore complied with their obligations under the Consumer Credit Act.
                                Lowells and Bryan Carter are a lethal combination.

That letter you've just received giving you until 20th October to respond sounds suspiciously like a Letter Before Action to me. BC do take legal action.

You've previously sent a SAR to ascertain whether the debt could be statute barred but you've also said that you made payments up until June 2009 so I doubt it will be.

There's a chance that the recon that BC have sent you may comply with s.78 but that doesn't mean it complies with s.61. Have you sent it to Niddy for assessment yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X