GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script jonesyd UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jonesyd UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Capital One

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Yes, its in default if you say it is - they should give you time to read and absorb the data they have sent you/will send you. Basically YOU put it in dispute as you query the legitimacy and amounts....
    Another letter this morning from Cap One - basically the same as the last letter they sent on March 14th, saying "Despite s.7 of the DPA, Cap One has a commitment to protecting personal information, etc, etc", and refusing my SAR unless they receive my signature.

This time they do, though, give me the option of calling them and going through security questions to verify my ID, after which they will process the SAR.

But I'm not minded to do that.

What on earth are they playing at?

Comment

• Re: Capital One

Originally posted by jonesyd View Post
      Another letter this morning from Cap One - basically the same as the last letter they sent on March 14th, saying "Despite s.7 of the DPA, Cap One has a commitment to protecting personal information, etc, etc", and refusing my SAR unless they receive my signature.

This time they do, though, give me the option of calling them and going through security questions to verify my ID, after which they will process the SAR.

But I'm not minded to do that.

What on earth are they playing at?
      Have you sent this yet? ---> SAR - Lender Refusal to Co-Operate If not, send it! DO NOT give in to them, s.7 is quite clear and they are in default!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: NatWest

I'll ignore it and let them sort themselves out before I waste any more stamps. That's the problem with having a sprawling operation of pretend lawyers and DCAs - it will all fall out of sync unless it is fairly carefully managed...
        And today I receive a "Notice of Intended Litigation" from Moorcrofts on behalf of NatWest.

At least they are not part of the RBS group of in-house/pretend DCAs and law firms. So... progress, of a kind.

I will send them the requisite sod off letter today.

Comment

• Re: NatWest

And today I receive a "Notice of Intended Litigation" from Moorcrofts on behalf of NatWest.

At least they are not part of the RBS group of in-house/pretend DCAs and law firms. So... progress, of a kind.

I will send them the requisite sod off letter today.
          Send this: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: move away

OK, so as of today I am no longer resident in the UK. I won't be receiving post whilst I am away, but most if not all of my OCs have a record of my email addresses, so maybe they will try and use those. If anything interesting happens, I will be sure to let you all know. In the meantime, thanks for your help and support, and the very best of luck to you all.

Comment

• Re: jonesyd UE Diary

Best of luck!
              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

OK, so as of today I am no longer resident in the UK. I won't be receiving post whilst I am away, but most if not all of my OCs have a record of my email addresses, so maybe they will try and use those. If anything interesting happens, I will be sure to let you all know. In the meantime, thanks for your help and support, and the very best of luck to you all.
                Have fun - skiver

Remember us, lol, no flitting to the other side of the world now matey

Comment

Good luck
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Have fun - skiver

Remember us, lol, no flitting to the other side of the world now matey
                    What can I say? It does feel a *bit* naughty.

But once you take one step back and see the bigger picture, one realises that one is now a gladiator because, as sure as day follows night, the financial institutions will, given the chance, roll over you and make you a slave to them for the rest of your life. It is up to you not to let them - become a gladiator and fight them off. They'll survive, they always do.

As for morality: we have had 15 years of reckless lending and reckless borrowing. Pick out the moral high ground from that, if you can.

There is no moral question - it is fight back any way you can or be crushed by an institution.

Comment

There is no moral question - it is fight back any way you can or be crushed by an institution.
                      Words well spoken, so to speak!

Comment

What can I say? It does feel a *bit* naughty.

But once you take one step back and see the bigger picture, one realises that one is now a gladiator because, as sure as day follows night, the financial institutions will, given the chance, roll over you and make you a slave to them for the rest of your life. It is up to you not to let them - become a gladiator and fight them off. They'll survive, they always do.

As for morality: we have had 15 years of reckless lending and reckless borrowing. Pick out the moral high ground from that, if you can.

I'm Spartacus no Niddy is Spartacus

On a more serious note, enjoy your new life away from the scumbags, I mean the DCA's, there will be a lot of people wishing they could do just what you have, good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                          I'm Spartacus no Niddy is Spartacus
                          Is what? Is who?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm still living outside of the UK (since April 2011), with no plans to return, but wanted to let you know that I received the following in my email earlier this week. This is a new development - the first ever email I have received from any of the CC companies/DCAs, even though they all have my email address. My physical post from the UK is forwarded to me where I am now and they do still post occasional threat letters to my postal address in the UK, but it is becoming more and more infrequent as time passes - I'd started to think they were giving up!

"REF: xxx MBNA xxx xxxx

This is a message for Mr jonesyd.

Please contact me at Debt Managers on 0843 216 8300 as soon as possible quoting the above reference.

Thank you.

Sam N Parcs
                            Supervisor
                            Sam.n.parcs@debt-managers.co.uk
                            dmpay.co.uk
                            The cost of calls may vary depending on your network provider - please check with your provider for confirmation. Calls may be monitored & recorded for training & audit purposes.
                            OPENING TIMES
                            Monday - Thursday 8 am - 8 pm
                            Friday 8 am - 7pm
                            Saturday 8 am - 4pm

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Company
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information transmitted is confidential and intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and confirm to us that it has been destroyed. You are strictly prohibited from using , copying or disseminating this message or any information it contains to anyone other than the intended recipient.
                            Debt Managers Ltd. Registered in Scotland (registered no. 219618).
                            Registered Office: 12 Hope Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4DB"

Comment

I would just ignore it
                              email? what email???

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                I would just ignore it
                                email? what email???
                                OK, will do. Just figured that it may be notable that this is the very first (almost 2 years into the UE route) email I've received, and this after the robo threatening letters by post/robo voicemails had virtually dried up.

I guess different DMAs have different methods, and I'm simply on the carousel now!

Comment

Working...
                                X