GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script jonesyd UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jonesyd UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital One

Originally posted by jonesyd View Post
    Oh dear, seem as though poor FTC have been given the boot. This morning I have received a demand from Fredrickson International Limited for immediate payment in full. How do you think I should play this?

(NB: Regardless of Fredrickson, I'm still in the middle of the "oh no you don't/oh yes we do" argument with Cap One as to whether they need my signature for a SAR.)

Interestingly, Cap One have also never sent me a DN or terminated. Is this because the amount (£1,800) is relatively low?
    Hmmm, lets blag it (due to the low balance) - send this to Fredricksons: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Hmmm, lets blag it (due to the low balance) - send this to Fredricksons: ---> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
      Any idea why Cap One are now giving me the runaround on the SAR signature? Is it possible they've lost the agreement since they responded to my s.78 request?

Another Q: any idea why Cap One have never given me a DN or terminated the account?
      Last edited by jonesyd; 14 February 2011, 22:47.

Comment

Any idea why Cap One are now giving me the runaround on the SAR signature? Is it possible they've lost the agreement since they responded to my s.78 request?
        Have you sent this regards to the SAR: ---> Demand of your Signature

Another Q: any idea why Cap One have never given me a DN or terminated the account?
        Nope, it doesn't matter too much - just stop paying and within the next 6 months they'll sell it on.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have you sent this regards to the SAR: ---> Demand of your Signature

Nope, it doesn't matter too much - just stop paying and within the next 6 months they'll sell it on.
          Yep, sent the Demand for Sig letter.

Haven't paid Cap One a penny since June last year...

Comment

Then nothing to do

Comment

Re: Egg

Bugger they are quick off the mark - and accurate as well, unfortunately.
              This morning I've received a charming 3 sentence missive from Direct Legal & Collections, advising me that I have to pay the complete balance of the Egg card immediately and that "failure to respond may result in legal action", apparently.

Also: a tired and bored sounding lady from DL&C has left me 3 voicemails this morning, asking to call them back.

Comment

This morning I've received a charming 3 sentence missive from Direct Legal & Collections, advising me that I have to pay the complete balance of the Egg card immediately and that "failure to respond may result in legal action", apparently.

Also: a tired and bored sounding lady from DL&C has left me 3 voicemails this morning, asking to call them back.
                Try not to fall over laughing, and ignore them

Comment

Try not to fall over laughing, and ignore them
                  Today I've received a letter from Egg themselves. They say I "have not specified which terms were allegedly missing from the true copy" and that they are "firmly of the view that the agreement is fully enforceable" and "will vigorously oppose any application for a declaration of unenforceability".

They are prepared to reopen my complaint if I provide them with the particulars of my claim of unenforceability, apparently.

What now, Nid?

Comment

Re: Lloyds TSB

Having already admitted they don't have the agreement, I've nevertheless been contacted today by "BLS Collections" - a new name to me, but obviously a pretend DCA used by Lloyds.

Safe to just ignore this one, I guess?

Comment

Today I've received a letter from Egg themselves. They say I "have not specified which terms were allegedly missing from the true copy" and that they are "firmly of the view that the agreement is fully enforceable" and "will vigorously oppose any application for a declaration of unenforceability".

They are prepared to reopen my complaint if I provide them with the particulars of my claim of unenforceability, apparently.

What now, Nid?
                      Just ignore it - lol.

Comment

Re: Lloyds TSB

Having already admitted they don't have the agreement, I've nevertheless been contacted today by "BLS Collections" - a new name to me, but obviously a pretend DCA used by Lloyds.

Safe to just ignore this one, I guess?
                        You photocopy their letter confirming they do not have the agreement and highlight the relevant part that confirms no agreement and send with this; ---> CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Comment

OK, CapOne have sent me another letter this morning saying that "Despite s.7 of the DPA, Cap One has a commitment to protecting personal information" and requesting a sig or proof of ID in order to do the SAR.

Any idea why they are sticking to this line so doggedly? (I have already received the CCA and it was enforceable, if you recall.)

Comment

Re: NatWest

This is unenforceable - send this: ---> CCA Query - Copy Document Supplied

It's obviously not the original and where is your siggy? That could be anything, ie something they typed up this morning - for all you know!

News from Triton (in house pretend DCA for RBS group):
                            today they sent me a letter going through the history of my CCA requests to NatWest, their conclusion being that NatWest have fully complied, the CCA was enforceable and that "failing to pay the full balance immediately...will leave us with no alternative but to take further action against you without warning or delay."

Next step?

Comment

Re: NatWest

News from Triton (in house pretend DCA for RBS group):
                              today they sent me a letter going through the history of my CCA requests to NatWest, their conclusion being that NatWest have fully complied, the CCA was enforceable and that "failing to pay the full balance immediately...will leave us with no alternative but to take further action against you without warning or delay."

Next step?
                              This morning I received a letter from Green & Co (in-house pretend lawyers for RBS group), saying, effectively: we have not yet been fully instructed by NatWest, so please talk to Triton!

They're going round in circles, it seems. Or maybe a death spiral..?

Comment

OK, CapOne have sent me another letter this morning saying that "Despite s.7 of the DPA, Cap One has a commitment to protecting personal information" and requesting a sig or proof of ID in order to do the SAR.

Any idea why they are sticking to this line so doggedly? (I have already received the CCA and it was enforceable, if you recall.)
                                Complain to the ICO - ignore Crappy1 until such time the ICO deal with this: ---> http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X