GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script jonesyd UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jonesyd UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: jonesyd UE Diary

hi jonesyd,
    Niddys advice is sound (get the FFFFFF out of here)
    Simples
    good luck
    Helmsman

Comment

Originally posted by jonesyd View Post
      OK, thanks for the advice on that. In that case I'll keep ploughing on with them until I leave on the off-chance they'll accept it is UE and close it down.
      More chance of winning the lottery than them accepting UE mate - it just doesn't work like that and never will. They always hassle you for repayment....

I'll be living in Asia for the next couple of years, but ultimately I will settle back in the EU, but probably not permanently until a few years after that. Either way, I don't plan on ever borrowing again.
      Nice one - best of luck.....

I'll get my UK mail re-directed (to another address in the UK) by Royal Mail for 1 year after I leave, so no doubt I'll have a stack of DCA mail to catch up on each time I return to the UK!
      Yes, and when you come back to it all - just bin it, don't even entertain responding to anything......

The OCs have email addresses for me, and I'd be happy(!) to keep the conversation going with them that way, but as they have never used them I am assuming they never will. Do you think it is worth notifying them, by registered letter, on my last day in the UK, that henceforth I will only be available via email?
      Are you stark raving bonkers?

Ignore them.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        More chance of winning the lottery than them accepting UE mate - it just doesn't work like that and never will. They always hassle you for repayment....

Nice one - best of luck.....

Yes, and when you come back to it all - just bin it, don't even entertain responding to anything......

Are you stark raving bonkers?

Ignore them.
        Hahaha. This made me spit my tea out! I just figured setup a new email account, delete it if it becomes a waste of time - I've always said I'm open to settling if they play ball on a realistic settlement amount. If not, then... delete.

Comment

Hahaha. This made me spit my tea out! I just figured setup a new email account, delete it if it becomes a waste of time - I've always said I'm open to settling if they play ball on a realistic settlement amount. If not, then... delete.
          Save your energy and time, they will not operate like that - if they did, we'd all do it!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Save your energy and time, they will not operate like that - if they did, we'd all do it!
            Fair enough. So I'll keep going with them until I leave, then see what happens afterwards via occasional Royal Mail re-directs. If they CCJ me in my absence (in your experience, does that even happen much?), I'll deal with it when and if I return to the UK permanently.

Comment

Fair enough. So I'll keep going with them until I leave, then see what happens afterwards via occasional Royal Mail re-directs. If they CCJ me in my absence (in your experience, does that even happen much?), I'll deal with it when and if I return to the UK permanently.
              I would not even keep going with them, just leave it, go away and enjoy
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                I may not even have the option! Since I sent the various iterations of Nid's UE letters to them, they've pretty much stopped sending me letters!

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  Absolutely. Thoroughly agree with ITD

I'm sure they'll give up after a while....after 6 years or so . in the meantime you can think happily how much you're costing them in postage/stationery etc.
                  Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                  SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

I agree - just go, enjoy yourself and forget the past!

Well, remember to pop back here and say hello, of course! :niddy

Comment

I agree - just go, enjoy yourself and forget the past!

Well, remember to pop back here and say hello, of course! :niddy
                      Very kind of you. I must admit that I am very curious about what has happened to my OCs - I sent them all the requisite versions of the Nid "this account is UE" letters the best part of a month ago, and virtually no responses as yet.

I did receive a miserable letter today, following a few (unanswered) calls this week, from Debt Clear Recoveries and Investigations Ltd (quite a mouthful) of Manchester, but have now also sent them the requisite DCA sod-off letter.

Interesting news this morning from lovely Mold:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12622318

18 calls in 12 months = "torture"? I think some of us here have had 18 calls in a week!

Comment

Interesting news this morning from lovely Mold:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12622318

18 calls in 12 months = "torture"? I think some of us here have had 18 calls in a week!
                        See this: ---> K HARRISON v LINK FINANCIAL [2010]

Comment

• Re: MBNA

Sorry, should have been clearer: Debt Clear Recoveries and Investigations Ltd (quite a mouthful) of Manchester are chasing me in regard to the Virgin (MBNA) account.

Comment

Very interesting that Judge Chambers held that the *manner* of attempted recovery of the debt is what proved crucial, if not fatal, to the strength of MBNA/Link's case (rather than the CCA or DN deficiencies).

Seems, if you are being hounded by the OC or their DCA , that it is now simply *imperative* that you keep an accurate record of their contacts to you, because - on the basis of this judgement - anything in the region of (or more than) 18 calls in 12 months could seriously assist you case (or, perhaps, your bargaining position on a F&FS negotiation).
                            Last edited by jonesyd; 3 March 2011, 21:39.

Comment

• Re: MBNA

Sorry, should have been clearer: Debt Clear Recoveries and Investigations Ltd (quite a mouthful) of Manchester are chasing me in regard to the Virgin (MBNA) account.
                              Cheers for update....

Comment

Very interesting that Judge Chambers held that the *manner* of attempted recovery of the debt is what proved crucial, if not fatal, to the strength of MBNA/Link's case (rather than the CCA or DN deficiencies).

Seems, if you are being hounded by the OC or their DCA , that it is now simply *imperative* that you keep an accurate record of their contacts to you, because - on the basis of this judgement - anything in the region of (or more than) 18 calls in 12 months could seriously assist you case (or, perhaps, your bargaining position on a F&FS negotiation).
                                Exactly, the judge held most weight in the harassment element; overriding the faulty (or lack of) DN. Note that he also paid great attention to the fact that he agreed the claimant never received terms.

I guess this will mean that all people have to do, is claim they have kept all paperwork, and bin their terms then deny they ever received them, however not that i'm suggesting we do this - i'm just saying you can imagine others will utilise this judgment to their advantage and this would be one of the key points....

Comment

Working...
                                X