GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script jonesyd UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jonesyd UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NatWest

Originally posted by jonesyd View Post
    News from Triton (in house pretend DCA for RBS group):
    today they sent me a letter going through the history of my CCA requests to NatWest, their conclusion being that NatWest have fully complied, the CCA was enforceable and that "failing to pay the full balance immediately...will leave us with no alternative but to take further action against you without warning or delay."

Next step?
    Send this: ---> Debtors Final Response - CCA Received
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This morning I received a letter from Green & Co (in-house pretend lawyers for RBS group), saying, effectively: we have not yet been fully instructed by NatWest, so please talk to Triton!

They're going round in circles, it seems. Or maybe a death spiral..?
      But didn't they write to you? If so then send a snotty one liner back saying 'you started this by writing to me, I therefore responded in kind citing the relevant law, so as to keep you in check'......

Or just ignore it! Up to you really....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Capital One

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Complain to the ICO - ignore Crappy1 until such time the ICO deal with this: ---> http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx
        OK, will do. Completely intrigued to know why they are not complying with the SAR, though...

Comment

OK, done.

Comment

But didn't they write to you? If so then send a snotty one liner back saying 'you started this by writing to me, I therefore responded in kind citing the relevant law, so as to keep you in check'......

Or just ignore it! Up to you really....
            I'll ignore it and let them sort themselves out before I waste any more stamps. That's the problem with having a sprawling operation of pretend lawyers and DCAs - it will all fall out of sync unless it is fairly carefully managed...

Comment

OK, will do. Completely intrigued to know why they are not complying with the SAR, though...
              The ICO will suggest they comply.....

Comment

The ICO will suggest they comply.....
                OK, maybe I'm thinking too much. What I mean is:

I make my CCA request
                They send me a true copy which is evidently enforceable
                I then SAR them as a delaying tactic
                They then waste considerable time and energy arguing the toss on whether they need a sig to comply with a SAR

Why would they do that if they were confident in the CCA material they'd already sent me? Is it because the don't have any SAR data besides the CCA data? Or is it because they've lost my SAR data since they complied with my CCA request? Or is it because they routinely "burn" customer files when accounts are farmed to DCAs?

I'm just thinking out loud, but would love to know...

Comment

OK, maybe I'm thinking too much. What I mean is:

I make my CCA request
                  They send me a true copy which is evidently enforceable
                  I then SAR them as a delaying tactic
                  They then waste considerable time and energy arguing the toss on whether they need a sig to comply with a SAR

Why would they do that if they were confident in the CCA material they'd already sent me? Is it because the don't have any SAR data besides the CCA data? Or is it because they've lost my SAR data since they complied with my CCA request? Or is it because they routinely "burn" customer files when accounts are farmed to DCAs?

I'm just thinking out loud, but would love to know...
                  Ok, can you re-send me (or upload) the crappy 1 cca, terms and default notice (if applicable) - I think I want to re-check this for my own peace of mind.

Also, please confirm how you applied (online/phone/post/branch)...

Thanks

Comment

Ok, can you re-send me (or upload) the crappy 1 cca, terms and default notice (if applicable) - I think I want to re-check this for my own peace of mind.

Also, please confirm how you applied (online/phone/post/branch)...

Thanks
                    OK, they've never sent a DN.

How did I apply? I can't really remember, but I'd bet 99% it was by post, in reply to one of those "pre-approved" things they used to send out.

I'll re-send you the agreement, in any case.

Comment

I'll re-send you the agreement, in any case.
                      Ok thanks - ready when you are.....

Comment

Ok thanks - ready when you are.....
                        Sent yesterday - did you receive it?

Comment

Sent yesterday - did you receive it?
                          Ooops just found it thanks

Comment

Ooops just found it thanks
                            In related news, Frederickson have this morning sent me a "Letter Before Action". I assume they are unaware of the tussle between Cap One and I over whether they should let me have a SAR or not...

Comment

In related news, Frederickson have this morning sent me a "Letter Before Action". I assume they are unaware of the tussle between Cap One and I over whether they should let me have a SAR or not...
                              Send this back asap: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action

Comment

Send this back asap: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action
                                OK, have done so. Did you have any more thoughts on the actual Cap One CCA I re-sent you? Are you sticking to your initial view?
                                Last edited by jonesyd; 24 February 2011, 21:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X