GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
    no-one at AAD has looked at the CCA they provided but it really is just 2 sets of terms with my old address blue-petered onto them - i.e. standard Barclaycard CCA response. Is it worth sending this across?
    Their reply to your new CCA request will supersede any documents sent in response to any previous requests.

We'll run forensics over the new response

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Their reply to your new CCA request will supersede any documents sent in response to any previous replies.

We'll run forensics over the new response

Plan B x
      I'll do that then. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I'll do that then. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I agree, new CCA request, Barclaycard will send usual template letter, then page 1 with your name and address followed by 5 pages of terms and varied conditions, there will be nothing that remotely looks like an agreement. Barclaycard will state that they have complied! The DCA will then send a letter saying that as Barclaycard have complied, your debt is now once again, enforceable. We know that this is bullshit! Listen to our members, we have gone through this process. One member recently lost to MKDP on a case that was UE and ended up with a CCJ of £8000.00 just didn't take advice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
            One member recently lost to MKDP on a case that was UE and ended up with a CCJ of £8000.00
            Really? Can you PM me with the details

I beat MKDP in court only last week.

It was an ex-Barclaycard debt riddled with paperwork flaws.

I'm more than happy to help any member with a Barclaycard debt purchased by MKDP.

They make the same mistakes every time.

Plan B x

Comment

• Re: Grassy_K‎ vs Nasty Banks

26/03/2015 - Yet another letter from the shysters at Link! As I have failed to comply with the previous letter and notice the entire balance will become payable in 7 days from date of letter (2 days from now!). No mention of court this time but clearly that's on the cards given the previous letter. To be honest I could pay the arrears if necessary, for the sake of the £5 per month I was paying before, to avoid further action. I don't particularly want to but if it's for the best, it is an option here.

That's because you didn't remedy the breach within the time-frame set out in the DN which they sent you on 5th May. They can now demand the full outstanding balance.

It's too late to pay the £49 now and anyway that will delay the possibility of the debt becoming SB one day if that is your mission.

I haven't read back through your thread to know the full history, I've only reacted to the here and now.

What I will say is if/when you get letters please post on your thread as fast as possible so we can help you to respond quickly and accurately.

We suggested you send a LBA response letter because you said you'd had a threat of legal proceedings. What you actually got was a routine Default Notice so the LBA response wasn't the best option available to you - sending a CCA request would have been more appropriate which you have now done. In fact you've done both so you're well covered.

Plan B x

Comment

Gawd, the highs and lows of this game...! Been so quiet for a while apart from routine DCA drivel, the Link business spooked me a little. And I have another Link bubbling away somewhere currently subject to a SWID, at least they acknowledged the SWID and then went quiet. But it looks like the bastards are going to be in my life for some time to come, like it or not.

Comment

Evening all, hope you are all enjoying the lovely sunshine and not letting the bastards grind you down.

Just a quick update, mostly quiet on the western front apart from routine DCA crap and daily phone calls from Robbers Way (not answering).

Link sent me an urgent email asking me to contact them asap - ignored, but I never, ever gave them my email address.... I confess I've not got round to sending a second CCA request yet, must do that this week, life has been getting in the way.

Comment

Link sent me an urgent email asking me to contact them asap - ignored.... I confess I've not got round to sending a second CCA request yet, must do that this week
                    You seem to feel in control of things

Can you clarify why you think you need to send a second (i.e. new) CCA request to Link. Are they getting a bit antsy and threatening?

Can you post a link (pardon the pun) to this particular debt's history.

Plan B x

Comment

You seem to feel in control of things

Can you clarify why you think you need to send a second (i.e. new) CCA request to Link. Are they getting a bit antsy and threatening?

Can you post a link (pardon the pun) to this particular debt's history.

Plan B x
                      About 4 posts up Plan B, you suggested I send one.

Potted history - Old Woolwich secured credit card (circa 1997) converted to unsecured Barclaycard after Barclaycard's takeover of Woolwich. Previous CCA request produced the standard name and address Blue Petered onto some T&C's from Barclaycard.

Link have ignored all UE correspondence and written responses to their threatograms.

I know IDR Finance, who own the debt, are litigious, so I'm keeping a very close eye on this. Unfortunately I just can't seem to get off Link's radar, and they keep popping back up with new threats and tactics. However, were this ever to head to court, I'd get legal representation and fight it.

Comment

They go away in the end. Not heard from link or IDR for my Barclaycard for nearly 2 years now. Keep strong!
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you thought of sending our telephone harassment letter or using our phone numbers ? I used to get calls constantly when I had visited it became unbearable ,the alternative number worked for me ,keep in control xxxxx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying things.

Link sent me an urgent email asking me to contact them asap - ignored, but I never, ever gave them my email address.... I confess I've not got round to sending a second CCA request yet.

Can you clarify why you think you need to send a second (i.e. new) CCA request to Link

About 4 posts up Plan B, you suggested I send one..

My suggestion to send a CCA request in post # 255 was in relation to MKDP not Link. I think we got our wires crossed last night

Have you had any reply from MKDP to your LBA response letter?

Plan B x

Comment

I've never had any dealings with MKDP, long may that continue.

Comment

I've never had any dealings with MKDP
                                Ah, I see what's happened.

You have an ex-Barclaycard with Link not an ex-Barclaycard with MKDP.

Anyway did you get a reply to your LBA response letter?

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                                X